What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Well my short squat pheno is starting to throw out these yellow pods on the top bud. Is this hermie or something else?

Really sorry the hybrid-looking plant showed male flowers by mid-flowering :( It might have been manageable if you removed them by hand, but it's a wise move not to risk the other plants being pollinated.
How are the other two sativa expressions doing?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Happy to hear you are enjoying with the experience of growing this new genetics @MAHA KALA and that you already have your eye (nose) on a few selected females for loud terpenes :) Interesting about the chocolate scented one. Hope they reveal qualities that suit your taste also in terms of effects.

I understand that guys who are growing in boxes dislike intersexual issues, but for me it means that line is authentic and not sterile...

I know hardcore thai weed lovers with really hard dedication, who keep lines with intersexual traits intentionally, as they state that if it would be selected out, they can lose special psychoactivity.. just saying there is also opposite opinion on it :D

I don't believe gender genes in cannabis are linked to cannabinoid and terpene production genes, it's merely the latter responsible for cannabis psychoactivity.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah I think we discussed it already in the past...

NC4 is definitely the most loud during drying from all those... makes big calyxes... I like her power in growth and thick pistils... and huge jurassic leafs.. she is ugly on in flowering though :D

newcaledonia4.JPG

RobFromTX

Really sorry the hybrid-looking plant showed male flowers by mid-flowering :( It might have been manageable if you removed them by hand, but it's a wise move not to risk the other plants being pollinated.
How are the other two sativa expressions doing?
Morning dubi. They are tall lanky and budding up but experiencing a bit of root rot. For some reason i got the silly idea to go back to plastic pots after using fabric for a few years. Big mistake as its hard to tell how dry the soil is, especially in 5 gallons and this is a strain that doesn't like overwatering.. Im going to pop my other NC beans to throw in the grow tent and put them in 2 gallon fabric pots, which i think would be plenty as massive as they get. I also think I'll be switching from ocean forest to happy frog soil, as ocean forest seems to burn the seedlings. Very excited to try this one. It sounds like the perfect high for lightweight sativa lovers like myself (y)

Lebanizer

Maha Kala, yes chocolate ..... My outdoor monster NC last Summer produced similar characteristics. [...] It's truly amazing this plant can create loud tutti-fruity sweet buds as well as woody-chocolate-fuel super rich and deep flavors. Mine now have 6 months cure and the affect has become very powerfully sedating. The complete opposite of the tutti-fruity uplifting version, but pretty cool nonetheless if that's what you are in the mood for. Enjoy!!
Really ? Sedating ? Bummer :( ! I just bought a pack and was hoping for the tutty fruity uplifting feel good effect taht dubi mentions in the strain description. Was it also sedating earlier ?

RobFromTX

Really ? Sedating ? Bummer :( ! I just bought a pack and was hoping for the tutty fruity uplifting feel good effect taht dubi mentions in the strain description. Was it also sedating earlier ?

Yeah thats kind of a downer to hear. But ofcourse it would effect everyone differently. The malawi was probably the most sedating sativa ive ever smoked. Almost narcotic and it gave me hangover effects on par with malt liquor 😁

Common Sense

There is also a New Caledonia. Started 2 from seed, one turned out male hermie and had to move out.
28 days after flip, moderate stretch so far and impressively strong stems for a tropical sativa.
She was in a 1000 mL cup for the first 22 days after flip, 3 wks veg. So that was a bit of a challenge with strong low stress training because of my space restrictions.

nc f28.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts