What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

🤩… NEVILS HAZE x TOM HILL HAZE

bigherb

Veteran
Curious why the long flowering Hazes considered better than the short flowering Haze? what’s considered to be a long throwing versus a short flowering Haze?
Sup Brother

10-14 weeks -Early
24 -weeks Long

I’m curious what’s your thoughts / Opinion Since running the Recent Haze’s - Seedsman Haze from JC , Tom Hills . I forget exactly what you’ve Run in recent time . Soo many Incredible Hazes

What’s your thoughts on the Original Haze Effects of shorter flowering vs long flowering phenos ?

We see Sacred seeds offered
Haze #1-4
Burning Bush
New years Haze

I’ve asked several times since my early days for Details . If I recall, Most info Sams shared is the Hazes we’re numbered by short - longer flowering

While I don’t the have experience . My thoughts are (as just mentioned Shanti/Nevil ) that most Breeders selected towards the early flowering indoor friendly Haze phenos

While discarding the longer flowering / Equatorial non Indoor friendly Phenos for Breeding/ sales purposes . I believe that those phenos hold something closer to their ancestors and the effects will be quite different comparing 14 week Haze to a 22 week Haze

I hear often over the years the Colombians and Thais of the late 60’s early 70’s were best and quality declined over the years .
( Shouldn’t Everything in life Become better Quality with Knowledge and technologies, Not if Quality is not the objective as we see commonly today in many aspects of life)

What I assume pure Landrace prior to mid 70’s then after Indica genetics were introduced to specific Areas the hybridization process began . I assume many farmers selected shorter flowering types seeing early Harvest as $$$ . Not thinking about selection for Quality/ Effects

The Quality reported changed in later years the Soaring effects became muddied and Not pure euphoria .

I’m only sharing my thoughts from what all you OG’s have shared of your experiences

I appreciate what you’ve done with the Haze .Much Respect for sharing your Haze stock your knowledge and experiences

1luvbigherb

Nexus7

What’s your thoughts on the Original Haze Effects of shorter flowering vs long flowering phenos ?

We see Sacred seeds offered
Haze #1-4
Burning Bush
New years Haze

I’ve asked several times since my early days for Details . If I recall, Most info Sams shared is the Hazes we’re numbered by short - longer flowering

Best to think of flowering times in terms of harvest month as listed in the catalog not weeks ...

It's actually stated in the catalog of seeds itself. Strains listed in order of flowering times, early to late flowering.

So Haze#1-4 and burning bush all flower in Decemeber and NY Haze in Jan.

There's is also the B's early Haze hybrid harvested in November.

Madmac THH best and OHzS1 seemed to have similar harvest time outdoors here >>> mid Dec.

Cannabrainer

Indoor if you know what you do will give the best Cannabis there is....
Does this apply in every context? I mean, I have noticed a significant drop in quality, yield, and bag appeal if I compare the same tropical sativa strains grown outdoors in 19N with those grown in 41N. I would think that maybe this is something that can be said of hybrids and indicas, but not really these equatorial sativas or 75% plus hazes. Maybe I am wrong. This season I will try my first ever indoor grow with these strains. Let us see how it goes.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Does this apply in every context? I mean, I have noticed a significant drop in quality, yield, and bag appeal if I compare the same tropical sativa strains grown outdoors in 19N with those grown in 41N. I would think that maybe this is something that can be said of hybrids and indicas, but not really these equatorial sativas or 75% plus hazes. Maybe I am wrong. This season I will try my first ever indoor grow with these strains. Let us see how it goes.
Its all about stress ,the less stress the better.
Indoors you have control over everything that matters in plants life.
If you know what you are doing,plant will have minimum amount of stress in her life and she will reach her full potential.
I never smoked outdoor that is good as indoor if grown right.
Those stories that sativas are for outdoors those are stories of people that dosent know to grow propper.
Outdoors plant always adopt nature.
Indoors humans adopt to plants,
All envirmovment is designed for plant needs.
And that is thing that makes big difference in favour of indoor grown quality compared to outdoors.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Its all about stress ,the less stress the better.
Indoors you have control over everything that matters in plants life.
If you know what you are doing,plant will have minimum amount of stress in her life and she will reach her full potential.
I never smoked outdoor that is good as indoor if grown right.
Those stories that sativas are for outdoors those are stories of people that dosent know to grow propper.
Outdoors plant always adopt nature.
Indoors humans adopt to plants,
All envirmovment is designed for plant needs.
And that is thing that makes big difference in favour of indoor grown quality compared to outdoors.
well thats definitely dependant on what your outdoor climate is like ,
i can understand people who live in less than desireable climates for outdoor cannabis saying this ,
and getting those sorts of results ,
but in dry, hot climates , closer to the equator ,
cannabis is by far at its best , indoor cannot compete with such climates ,
and sativas will always mature faster than indoor ,
there will never been those 20 plus weeks phenos ..

goingrey

The long flowering ones, surely some can be spectacular, but let's not pretend there's no brag aspect involved. Earned bragging rights maybe if you flower something so long and keep it happy but still.

Also bred in Santa Cruz (36N) for a December harvest (greenhouse/outdoor). Not indoor, not near the equator. It's own thing with days getting shorter, colder, change in light spectrum...

chusss

Sorry but i absolutely disagree with indoors is better than outdoors

Yes with indoor you have under control all the parameters, but if you grow outdoors in pots, with very good soil and ph, ec, etc. as them should be the only thing that could lower your quality is the sunlight hours that you plant has, if you are lucky enough to have above 80% of sunny days while flowering time, and 8-10 direct hours of light there is no way any indoor could be best than that

Cannabis went over thousand of years of evolution outdoors, there is no led board, hps or whatever thing better than the sunlight, nothing could beat the sun

Imho

therealpacific

off topic sorry..
found some old
C5 Hz X nl5 HzC seeds
given to me years ago
don’t really know the hz lettering..
is this common or rare?
I would say somewhat rare. I have some C5xC5/5HzC beans I got from @yosammy some years back. Maybe you have the line the male came from in my beans. I believe the male used in this line is also the father of the Isaac Haze line. I could be wrong but I'm sure Sammy will correct me :)

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crazy Haze
046D0BCA-AA52-419D-9B2E-74FACF927E16.jpeg
19F61FA4-0240-4300-8F68-CDD69A0AD2AD.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts