What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neville’s Haze x C5 Mango

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am loving this strain. Perfect morning cannabis...unless you smoke too much lol

One toke over the line..

A Flower Power flower..
View attachment 18820220

Off topic @Lester Beans but this post reminded me I gotta give you a shout out about your post from 2022 re: Hazeman seeds.

I finally sent a request to Hazeman and got the list but haven’t pulled the trigger just yet. (Really don’t need more seeds….but a couple of offerings are hard to find elsewhere…

Monkey Balls
A cross of Deep Chunk(?)
(I think Tom Hill mentioned this one on his IG recently)

Underdog x Loompas cut x chocolate thai

Also, the DC seed exchange led me to
Guammaineiangardens and the “Brotherhood of Eternal Love” which has a very interesting connection to my own personal grail project; looking for the Thai that got away in 1977/78.

I recently read the book Thai Stick. I learned of connections to the Laguna Beach área and the Brotherhood of Eternal Love, surfers, and Thai weed.

I spent over a year in Santa Ana in 77-78 as a young and dumb Marine and never knew anything about the surfing community and their unique contributions to the cannabis culture such as it is.

I’ve just gotta grow more and buy less.

Thanks man

great work. plenty of nice looking specimens in the whole thread. enjoyable read
It’s really good specially for getting things done pretty soon I’m gonna take a whole round of cuts off the mother plant

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I have a couple of these at about 6 weeks and pretty excited to get this back. It is a great high. I have about a joint left from my last harvest.

I lost my last cuts unfortunately and am down to my last seeds. I have one that's not like the others in structure, more extreme thinner buds. They've also been accidently fertilized by a hermie Choc Thai (not sure if I'll be game to grow seed from a hermie, but I might?). The Choc Thai looked and smelled interesting plus had sticky resin covered stems which is a good sign.

Look forward to you growing these again.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a couple of these at about 6 weeks and pretty excited to get this back. It is a great high. I have about a joint left from my last harvest.

I lost my last cuts unfortunately and am down to my last seeds. I have one that's not like the others in structure, more extreme thinner buds. They've also been accidently fertilized by a hermie Choc Thai (not sure if I'll be game to grow seed from a hermie, but I might?). The Choc Thai looked and smelled interesting plus had sticky resin covered stems which is a good sign.

Look forward to you growing these again.
You know I’m happy

Airloom

Veteran
@Chi13

not sure if I'll be game to grow seed from a hermie, but I might?

That’s such a tough call.

Sounds like the hermie has enough to offer and of course you cannot help thinking it might just be THE one…….but only if you grow some out.

My Kumaoni grow last year I kept two nice females but they got infested with aphids and I nearly lost both. Anyway one hermied on me and I gave up trying to manage the nanners by hand. They were both over 10’ tall. I was up and down ladders with sprayers trying not to kill myself. I finally just let them go.

I’ve got 3 seed from her and one volunteer going now (about 8 weeks along) I have them growing out in the barn just in case they’re males or go hermie.

I just had to grow some to see if it’s genetics or maybe the stress of the aphids. Right now all four look great and one has a lot of red in the stem and smells very sweet. They’re being beat badly in a small space with terrible living conditions but I just wanna keep them alive until mid April so I can harden them off and get them outside.
I read somewhere that seed from a female plant that goes hermie will produce all female seed. I don’t buy that but maybe someone else does.

I’ll be watching here to see what you do.
Good luck with yours

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Airloom, I probably should say that I am not a commercial grower, and grew up smoking seeded bud in the 70s, so hermies do not scare me as much as they do many growers. I am undecided but it depends how much I want those choc Thai genetics.

A real hermaphrodite is different to someone forcing a female plant to produce male flowers. The former might produce hermies, whereas the latter should produce female seeds.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Chi13

not sure if I'll be game to grow seed from a hermie, but I might?

That’s such a tough call.

Sounds like the hermie has enough to offer and of course you cannot help thinking it might just be THE one…….but only if you grow some out.

My Kumaoni grow last year I kept two nice females but they got infested with aphids and I nearly lost both. Anyway one hermied on me and I gave up trying to manage the nanners by hand. They were both over 10’ tall. I was up and down ladders with sprayers trying not to kill myself. I finally just let them go.

I’ve got 3 seed from her and one volunteer going now (about 8 weeks along) I have them growing out in the barn just in case they’re males or go hermie.

I just had to grow some to see if it’s genetics or maybe the stress of the aphids. Right now all four look great and one has a lot of red in the stem and smells very sweet. They’re being beat badly in a small space with terrible living conditions but I just wanna keep them alive until mid April so I can harden them off and get them outside.
I read somewhere that seed from a female plant that goes hermie will produce all female seed. I don’t buy that but maybe someone else does.

I’ll be watching here to see what you do.
Good luck with yours

Airloom, I probably should say that I am not a commercial grower, and grew up smoking seeded bud in the 70s, so hermies do not scare me as much as they do many growers. I am undecided but it depends how much I want those choc Thai genetics.

A real hermaphrodite is different to someone forcing a female plant to produce male flowers. The former might produce hermies, whereas the latter should produce female seeds.

great harvest fp ,
got a sore finger pressing like so many times the last few pages ,, lol

Great re-veg shoots there
is one of the traits that makes this an extremely cooperative plant ... she’s back!
8A5CD918-FF6C-48C2-8198-769A91806151.jpeg
2582B6ED-AE5B-4787-B735-ED3C91A9D86F.jpeg
0707B542-074B-41C1-9A86-5130409E1677.jpeg

Airloom

Veteran

Thank you for explaining. I also got my start in the 70’s east coast us

The haze journey started after I went in search of something a local in around 1974 shared called “wacky weed” or just plain “wack”. I wasn’t a light weight at the time but a normal hit held deep kicked out pretty quickly and my senses got a little weird. I used that experience to determine the potency of everything I smoked from that moment forward. I never consciously thought of it as a test, it just made sense to me. I have gotten a couple different stories about wacky weed but it’s taken a back seat to the haze. More than one google hit for wacky weed sent me to the Haze origin story and I’ve been obsessed over a year now.

So if a female is forced to make seed is that an S1? Is there a designation for hermie seed offspring? I know you’re not google btw

Thanks for sharing the knowledge✌️

Airloom

Veteran
is one of the traits that makes this an extremely cooperative plant ... she’s back! View attachment 18822442 View attachment 18822443 View attachment 18822444 Your hard work is week rewarded!!!!!!!!!
I enjoy seeing others working at re vegging a keeper. I can see how healthy she is and almost unrecognizable as such (re-veg)

Mine typically stutter a few days to a week out of neglect and inexperience so it’s quite a high bar you set.

The beauty of this photo for me is to see the rapid recovery. This insures she will be with you for the long haul. Kudos to you

EnjoyingLife

Serious question here as I am by no means an expert...

Couldn't one grow them out open pollination style removing the hermies and then grow out that generation?

Of course this assumes one has the time and desire to do so and the "cleaner" gen could still throw herms but hopefully less. I have no idea how many times it takes to remove them.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is a keeper. Everyone who has smoked the Mac and the NC5hz much prefer the haze and everyone agrees the effect is of much higher quality. Flavor for days!!!
I don’t even really like to use Mac too much … it kills me , I grow it because it is extraordinary for what it has to offer and it’s an extremely $profitable$ plant and it’s pretty devastating but it’s non functional

Airloom

Veteran
Serious question here as I am by no means an expert...

Couldn't one grow them out open pollination style removing the hermies and then grow out that generation?

Of course this assumes one has the time and desire to do so and the "cleaner" gen could still throw herms but hopefully less. I have no idea how many times it takes to remove them.
I think that would be one way to select out the trait for sure. It really is a time decision.

I gave a female GDP clone to my sister last summer to and she wanted to save any males I got as well. She had fun watching the bees and humming birds partake of the pollen. I suggested she take some slo mo video on her phone…very cool. Anyway her GDP was loaded with seed but we don’t know if it was the Honeydew male (Kwik seeds C99 x Mazar i sharif) or the Brothers Grimm C99 male)

I popped 3 of the GDP x C99 seeds in November 2022 and flipped them around 8 weeks later. They’re all females and very nice looking. It’s a good experience to see the results of pollinating with some decent genetics. Now my MSNL Thai plant at my house got dusted by the Kumaoni hermie and those seeds were male or hermie. Surely a small sample set but testing the seed is the only way to decide to keep the seed or compost it. The GDPC99 cross is looking pretty good.

EnjoyingLife

I think that would be one way to select out the trait for sure. It really is a time decision.

I gave a female GDP clone to my sister last summer to and she wanted to save any males I got as well. She had fun watching the bees and humming birds partake of the pollen. I suggested she take some slo mo video on her phone…very cool. Anyway her GDP was loaded with seed but we don’t know if it was the Honeydew male (Kwik seeds C99 x Mazar i sharif) or the Brothers Grimm C99 male)

I popped 3 of the GDP x C99 seeds in November 2022 and flipped them around 8 weeks later. They’re all females and very nice looking. It’s a good experience to see the results of pollinating with some decent genetics. Now my MSNL Thai plant at my house got dusted by the Kumaoni hermie and those seeds were male or hermie. Surely a small sample set but testing the seed is the only way to decide to keep the seed or compost it. The GDPC99 cross is looking pretty good.
Post those slomo videos assuming she still has them. That'd be cool to see.

I'd like to put a beehive in a greenhouse full of these plants and see what the honey is like. Not sure it's be a good idea for the health of the hive as they have a huge area they travel though.

I'm thinking along the lines of Manuka honey here. The various cannabinoids being in the honey. Assuming they are, not sure if there are any in the pollen

It's quite interesting how genetics play together! GDPxC99 sounds like it may help adhd. Which breeder did your GDP come from?

Airloom

Veteran
Post those slomo videos assuming she still has them. That'd be cool to see.

I'd like to put a beehive in a greenhouse full of these plants and see what the honey is like. Not sure it's be a good idea for the health of the hive as they have a huge area they travel though.

I'm thinking along the lines of Manuka honey here. The various cannabinoids being in the honey. Assuming they are, not sure if there are any in the pollen

It's quite interesting how genetics play together! GDPxC99 sounds like it may help adhd. Which breeder did your GDP come from?
The GDP was from Robert Bergman ILGM in 2020. I’ve only got one GDP clone left. She’s in flower and I’m hoping to re-veg her or at least get a monster crop cutting or two. She’s been so easy to grow I hate to lose those genetics.

I’ve just chopped the top off one of the GDP/C99 to send to my sister and her BF for a smoke report (I’m a light weight smoker these days) They’re 49 days post flip and since I don’t know for sure who the father is, I’ll just rely on the pistils trichomes and smell for final harvest.

She looks very frosty in person but pictures never do justice to the thing in hand.

Thanks for the kind words about the bees and the pollen video. She just put down her old Jack Russell George and is pretty wrecked. It will lift her spirits I’m sure to mention this.

She actually told me around harvest last year that she actually was afraid I was gonna go to jail for my growing project. I recently told her I’d consider it an honor to get busted for growing a plant that has changed the world for the better IMHO.

I’m no Jack Herer, but I proudly posted the letter from my congressman in my wall locker at every duty station in my brief USMC career. I wrote him asking for his support of a bill in the Congress that NORML had sponsored around 1976 or 1977. I became a member as soon as I heard about them in High Times magazine. He said basically that while he personally did not support the legalization of cannabis he did fully support the decriminalization efforts.

It’s been a long time since I grew anything and if I don’t plant them all somebody else will.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/11/01/AA9C3E44-21C2-41CD-AB20-B8A60262877A/IMG_8541.mov

I’m not sure this video is gonna work
It’s not in my iphone library but was in her text