What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neville’s Haze x C5 Mango

GreenAndFast

ahh yep ,, im with you ,
i have a few of these girls in flower at the moment ,
and i went smelling them thinking of what you had said ,
smells tropical , but sure tropical fruit also , and the right sort of mangoes ,

In Australia we have these sweet mangoes that just do not excite me much at all ,
sickly sweet things ,
but the smell im getting is more reminiscent of some thai mango ,
a more original mango smell than our ozzie ones ,
i can eat the asian ones , with their sweet sticky rice its lovely ... ,

yes definitely cob cure material ,
when i did that btw ,, i didnt use the corn husk because it leaves behind a taste on the herb ,
which i didnt like ,
i also dried the product a fair bit futher than i see most folks doing ,
as though i was preparing it to be jar cured,
i wanted to try to replicate the cure the thai sticks underwent back in the day ,
a slight sweat cure ... i think i got what i wanted at the end ,
in 3 months , i got some pot that would have taken a year of curing to get the same thing ,
so i was happy ...
Bit like this @Donald Mallard ....
Mango Thai stick
PXL_20231105_194647196.jpg
PXL_20231125_093238773.jpg

GreenAndFast

Thanks guys. I never got chance to smoke the original stuff so this is the closest I can get to it. She had a very light cob cure and then 3 months aging. I wanted to make it last longer but as soon as I smoked it....well let's just say that it didn't happen haha. Had to use a micro plane to grind her up to smoke lol

kro-magnon

Veteran
Thanks guys. I never got chance to smoke the original stuff so this is the closest I can get to it. She had a very light cob cure and then 3 months aging. I wanted to make it last longer but as soon as I smoked it....well let's just say that it didn't happen haha. Had to use a micro plane to grind her up to smoke lol
That's interesting to test different methods of drying, I'm surprised it is still so green, I thought it would have been more oxydised with the cob curing. Do you think it has modified the taste of the strain and more important did it change the high?
When I was a young student I was living next to a Rastafari community who provided me with wonderful ganja from different parts of the world and sometimes they had some cobbed buds, they usually had a kind of fermentation making the taste not very appealing to me but it was powerful smoke.

GreenAndFast

It had a very short sweat time and that is why it's very bright and terpy. Longer sweating will result in darker cobs. I cobbed the entire plant so I can't honestly say about the high. I've noticed that cob cured smokes a lot smoother than (my) traditional jar curing methods. It smelt absolutely delicious and very zesty, terpy with a back end of spice. I'm currently growing her out again and in the name of science I will cob and jar some lol I have a number of other cobs I'm aging that I have not smoke yet but have smoked the flower and cob of an acid beauty, which I thought was better cobbed. Seems to round out the high if that makes any sense lol @kro-magnon 👍🏻

Latest posts

Latest posts