What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEVADA NRS 453A

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Silver State roll-call. Any legal patients out there in Nevada?

We desperately need to modify our current medical marijuana legislation, but we don't even have any community organization online muchness any citizens standing up for our martyrs in the media.

Nevada... worst state in the nation for crime, foreclosures, unemployment, unpaid child support, divorce, and native resident retention. Home of legal proposition and gambling industries. Out of control methamphetamine trafficking and use... Easier to buy a firearm than to enroll in the medical marijuana program...

Our recent legislative session didn't allow enough time to refine statures regarding medicinal marijuana, but there was time to discuss issues about pet cemeteries!?

We can't be upset with our politicians as it us who have failed foremost. We surely will not be able to influence politics if we can't even unify through the web. Where is everyone!?

MIway

Veteran
I was around a group or two that wanted to submit one of the dispensary plans for this last session down there... Nevada had some interesting politics, no doubt.

What happened this year? There was such talk of bringing the revenue home...

C

CannabisBotany

I'm trying to go through the process right now and the laws were written by a mentally handi-capped person obviously.

catman

Veteran
What happened this year..

Well, there were several bills that would change the low plant count, make it legal to purchase medicine, make it legal to acquire seeds or clones, and to increase the amount of usable medicine. As well as measures that aimed to change the process to enter the program.

Some of the people who wrote and advocated for these bills were busted and there was little media attention and public interest afterwards.

The laws are pretty confusing as is the application process so I thought maybe we could bring some minds together here on ICMAG to help each other out.

Several online sites about these issues have popped up and then quickly died.

C

CannabisBotany

I know that they started busting people here. The most well known was Dr Reefer who use to help people get their med cards. The local police basically said, "expect more raids". They threatened Dr Reefers wife and kids with prison unless he pleaded guilty, which actually is the entire reason why I created an account. How disgusting of the police to do that, just disgusting. I understand he was actually breaking the law, but come on, to threaten a mans family, that's just beyond acceptable, imo.

My biggest problem is the 1 ounce limit, the process for the application is really expensive and takes a long time.

Also I am currently trying to figure out if there is any Dr's who will diagnose you if you don't have medical records. I have been unemployed due to illness and no longer have health insurance so this leaves me with a lack of medical history. Now my choice seems to be either find a Dr who will diagnose me, or having to pay out of pocket to try to obtain medical history, which obviously is really expensive. I wrote one local Dr to see what they would say, I'll report back if they respond.

Here is some basic information:
List of fees
The process for obtaining your card

catman

Veteran
CannabisBotany, you have seen a doctor in the past who has diagnosed you with an illness right? Some doctors don't charge anything when sending copies of health history to a patient. If you can actually go the doctors office where your records should be, they might be willing to make free copies for you on the spot. Even when I have been charged for records, they were not expensive at all especially compared to the cost of applying/entering the NV MMJ program.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
CannabisBotany;4593606 They threatened Dr Reefers wife and kids with prison unless he pleaded guilty said:
You are wrong here. It was his mom and step/half brother. Dr Reefer isn't married. He's not what he'd like people to think he is. What he is tho is a big piece of shit that enjoys seeing himself on tv and in the papers.. He says it's for the patients. I've heard him with my own ears flat out state "I don't give a damn about the patients, I just want their fucking money" This was several years ago.
Now that's compassionate as hell. He was charging his patients, before he went to prison the first time, 600.00 an oz. That figure came from a patient I know who was buying from him. Even more compassion. His referral business was legit but doing sales was not. Either 82 or 84 controlled buys from what I understand. If you ever spent anytime around him you'd understand what I'm saying here.
On the other hand, anyone that speaks out in favor of changing the rules here, on their own, gets a visit from metro. Won't go into how I know that! The DA here and LVMPD do not like mmj, and have flat out said their will be no dispensaries here.
Politicians don't give a shit either. Send a couple of letters to em but cut your garden down before you do. wink, wink.
Maybe if the lady that had Aizely working for changes hadn't gotten busted, for a SECOND TIME, with what was is, nearly 17 pounds,(I may be wrong on that number but believe that's what was in the paper) there may have been a chance. But no. It's like the fucking wild west here in southern Nevada and the Sheriff and DA don't mind swinging their dick around and knocking us all down to keep us "drug users" in our place.
And good luck finding a doctor especially now that will give you a rec without records. None of them are gonna lose their license over you. The first thing mine ask new patients for is mri results or other records based on xrays and medical treatments for a diagnosis. Too much undercover shit going on for them to even think about it.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
Dr Reefer

rotflmao what a FN Joke he is was busted in what 2000-01 maybe, right after it became law in NV. was like 20 lbs and over 100 plants channel 8 news done a interview with him at his homes poolside. little fag smoken his pipe hiden behind his dark sun glasses 600 a lid is a joke and so is he. he had to sell his dispencary in colorado when they passed a law forbiddn felons to operate and have a license for a mmj disp. so he came back to NV where for donation only was working for a spell lmao.

i admit NV needs to become better for the supply end of MMJ and the laws need to be laxed some on plant count and such. but as brotha RR mentioned we must remove DA rodgers from office to even have a chance because that little prick made it his life goal to harass MMJ in the state of NV. but again i guess when your only 4ft6 and carry a badge you become a little prick he he

i'm a current enrolled MMJ patient in NV and do what i must to keep myself in meds between harvests