What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevada....land of Legal Cultivation

captcrunch

Ran into this article in the Las Vegas Sun......

www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/aug/14/2475-marijuana-plants-found-remote-grow-operation/

The cultivation of marijuana is not illegal in Nevada since a law was inadvertently removed from the Nevada Revised Statute by the 2001 Legislature prohibiting the manufacture of a controlled substance, including marijuana. It was revised to address legal challenges in making methamphetamine.

Senate Bill 262 was introduced in the 2009 Legislature to correct that defect, but the bill died in the Assembly Judiciary Committee.

Any feelings or opinions????

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Yeah since it is a weed and can be found naturally on someones land there should be no law against its existence.

We don't need any new laws prohibiting cultivation, we need to defund LV Metro anti-pot task force.

:joint:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
262 failed

But i cant find where this loophole that was mentioned in the article anywhere. I would like to read the legal text that states cultivation isnt illegal. i would love to see how they pulled it off. sounds pretty ninja

Last edited by a moderator:

SGMeds

I'm not for sure what the loophole is...? I skimmed through NRS453 & the only thing I could find re Mj is...

NRS 453.339 Trafficking in controlled substances: Marijuana.
1. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 453.011 to 453.552, inclusive, a person who knowingly or intentionally sells, manufactures, delivers or brings into this State or who is knowingly or intentionally in actual or constructive possession of marijuana shall be punished, if the quantity involved:
(a) Is 100 pounds or more, but less than 2,000 pounds, for a category C felony as provided in NRS 193.130 and by a fine of not more than $25,000.
(b) Is 2,000 pounds or more, but less than 10,000 pounds, for a category B felony by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 2 years and a maximum term of not more than 10 years and by a fine of not more than $50,000.
(c) Is 10,000 pounds or more, for a category A felony by imprisonment in the state prison:
(1) For life with the possibility of parole, with eligibility for parole beginning when a minimum of 5 years has been served; or
(2) For a definite term of 15 years, with eligibility for parole beginning when a minimum of 5 years has been served,
Ê and by a fine of not more than $200,000.
2. For the purposes of this section:
(a) “Marijuana” means all parts of any plant of the genus Cannabis, whether growing or not.
(b) The weight of marijuana is its weight when seized or as soon as practicable thereafter.
(Added to NRS by 1983, 287; A 1989, 661; 1995, 1288)

My guess is the loophole is that they didn't include specific penalties... the ones of 262. Likely the cops just wanted to have the plant counts tied to criminal penalties... even for patients. Kinda fucked up, but that's my read...?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so basically you don't go to jail for under 2,000 pounds, and under 100 pounds their is no penalty. holy shit. that's good. how many NV lawyers even know this shit.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Go ahead and start a garden in your backyard in Reno....if Leo finds out I think their reaction will be less than "warm". I had a friend do almost a year (albeit over fifteen years ag) for seeds they found in his van......I am probably old school but Nevada scares the Fuck outta me as it pertains to "Lucifers lettuce".

HUGE

Veteran
Who is the dick that proposed this 252? Never heard of it. Glad it failed

Barn Owl

In Nevada you can only posess an ounce a month even though they allow three plants in flower. They expect you to to turn in the extra.

Their laws are set up to bait people. It is a state run by crooks and retards. Their medical MJ is a trap and impossible to work with.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
In Nevada you can only posess an ounce a month even though they allow three plants in flower. They expect you to to turn in the extra.

Their laws are set up to bait people. It is a state run by crooks and retards. Their medical MJ is a trap and impossible to work with.
1 oz a month is news to me im under the impression i'm supposed to have no more then 1 oz at any one time. unless i get a limit waiver then i could maybe have 1.5-2 lbs at any one time.
i'm allowed 7 plants total but 3 in flower isnt enough so i run what i need to keep myself in meds untill next harvest.

nevada used to be very arcane back in 1984 i had a friend sentenced to 7 yrs for 1/4 oz

{ Their medical MJ is a trap and impossible to work with }
not really i find it quite easy to work with if they come for me nothing will happen. why you may ask because im regestered MMJ patient in the state a tad over my limit but not enough to get my bag wacked. before i became MMJ patient my numbers would have fetched me 1 yr probation max