What's new

Netflix three mile island documentary

St. Phatty

Anyone check this out? I just finished it and oh man. Some seriously scary shit. I believe the main character dudes story.

Santa Susana in Ventura County California has had -4- meltdowns.

But it has been pushed down the memory hole.

I suspect it was a combination of Stanford managers pulling strings with their friends that work in the media, and the fact that the Santa Susana lab worked on things that the US gov. didn't want publicized.

St. Phatty

Wow. Didn’t know that. Crazy shit.

Politics is DEEPLY INVOLVED with the portrayal of Nuclear Accidents in the Western Media.

It's very difficult to get information about the Santa Susana incidents. Major cover-up. That's bad, because that's how us physics folks learn - if we're allowed access.

England had a very interesting nuclear accident, the Windscale incident.

12 tons of Uranium burned in the Uranium countryside. 100+ cancer fatalities, the "scientists" are playing all sorts of games with the statistics, that's why the variation in the cancer fatality count.

Uranium is Pyrophoric. Get it hot in the presence of Oxygen, and it will Just Burn.

It could be said the the Windscale incident was a more innocent accident. Related to people still learning about Uranium.

It gets an unusual form of stress called "Wigner Energy", sort of like reinforced concrete. The stress builds up from Radiation Damage, and then it will let loose - try to return to its original shape, sort of.

That releases a lot of energy and it gets very Hot - and catches fire.

The radiation released from Windscale was comparable to Chernobyl. The Chernobyl reactor had 200 tons of Uranium 2%, 400,000 pounds of Uranium. But most of it did not burn.

Check out the HBO "Chernobyl" movie, a 5 part series.

It does a very good job of communicating about nuclear energy. The Jared Harris character makes a presentation to the Soviet Chernobyl committee, which is re-created in the movie.

Loriented

Anyone check this out? I just finished it and oh man. Some seriously scary shit. I believe the main character dudes story.

March 28, 1979
I was in NYC. Bought a joint off a guy near an entrance to Central Park while a cop was standing 10 ft away.

March 29, 1979. My birthday. Go to the Hotel lobby in NYC, to get a newspaper for my parents. Headline said,
Nuclear Disaster, 4 counties EVACUATED. TMI had a meltdown.

We lived in Dauphin, one of those 4 counties. We were in NYC to see the treasures of King Tut.

2 older brothers were still home. We called home, and they answered. We were like, what are you are doing there, you are supposed to EVACUATE.
They said "HELL NO, WE ARE HAVING A MELTDOWN PARTY..."

We had some good Afghanie that year, straight from the Afghans in the Baltimore Harbor. I was told, the Afghans would always ask of they could trade for guns.