What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

JustGrowing420

the remaining two Nepal Jams ready to be taken down tonight before lights on.

fetch

fetch

I flush them all for two weeks give or take a day.
The Nepal Jams I have all got crispy deficient leaves in that period
The Skunk #1 I have ready for harvest has just got some purple hues but leaves stayed with that nice healthy glossy finish, more like a fade than deficiencies.

Maybe I starved them too much too early?
or is this sign of a more pure smoke without nutrients present?
Even after years of reading I'm not sure I got it right, I was always impressed with the finishing fade of many growers here.
But I only manage it with some of my plants, some look like this.

wutwut

Veteran
2453.png
31 day in flowering. it is most biggest one strain in my tent. i was happy with her since vegetation stage and she is still surprising me. only cloning is hard. i really wan't to keep this one by her growing features but let's wait how the smoke is hehe.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yummy buds JustGrowing420 :yummy: Glad to know you have started to enjoy your Nepal Jam harvest and that you find our strain description accurate.

Regarding flushing before harvest, #4 looks clean enough, #5 looks like still had good amounts of N in the leaves at harvest time.
Thanks a lot for your feedback and updates! :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice wutwut thanks for sharing the progress of your Nepal Jam! Those pistils are a sign of a more sativa pheno, let's see in the upcoming weeks.

JustGrowing420

31 day in flowering. it is most biggest one strain in my tent. i was happy with her since vegetation stage and she is still surprising me. only cloning is hard. i really wan't to keep this one by her growing features but let's wait how the smoke is hehe.

Nice! cloning is indeed hard, it was the only one of my strains that took a long ass time to root and even so, I didn't manage to keep two of the phenos that I had (including the best nepal jam I have grown between 7 plants). Also keep the N down man, I already see some twisted leaves, they're really sensitive!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi JustGrowing420, certainly latest Nepal Jam generations take more time for clones to produce roots, it's one of the sacrifices a breeder must pay after inbreeding and stabilizing too much certain expression (especially more indica expressions) of a line. The good news is easily recovered bringing back heterosis when the IBL is properly outcrossed.

JustGrowing420

Hi JustGrowing420, certainly latest Nepal Jam generations take more time for clones to produce roots, it's one of the sacrifices a breeder must pay after inbreeding and stabilizing too much certain expression (especially more indica expressions) of a line. The good news is easily recovered bringing back heterosis when the IBL is properly outcrossed.

Hey dubi, thanks for the info.
Nice to know.

As for the flush I remember reading in a book (not cannabis specific) that there are phenotypes that stay green until their end, others that yellow.
Does that hold true for cannabis also? Fact is we are inducing it technically and not letting the plant go it's full life cycle, so this may be completely unrelated.
Personally I have not decided yet based on experience. Surely leaf color is a good indication of nutrients left in the plants?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola JustGrowing420, yeah leaf color is a good indication of macronutrient (mainly N) storage in cannabis plants. The fade depends on several factors, like metabolism of each plant, feeding, genetics of the strain ... sometimes happens that females of the same strain fade colors in a different way, so you must adapt the flushing for each plant/case.

JustGrowing420

Hola JustGrowing420, yeah leaf color is a good indication of macronutrient (mainly N) storage in cannabis plants. The fade depends on several factors, like metabolism of each plant, feeding, genetics of the strain ... sometimes happens that females of the same strain fade colors in a different way, so you must adapt the flushing for each plant/case.

You are right, I observed so now that my run is finished. Some remain hungry until the end while others slow down their metabolism considerably so you have to factor in and flush earlier.
Difficult from seeds when you don't know what to expect!

wutwut

Veteran
here is this nepalese jam that i am growing. it showed me many surprises during all stages, but this is too much ahaha! it looks ready at day 42 of 12/12. i think trichomes are probably 50/50 clear-milky, but it is very hard to look for them under hps, so i have to check those heads again when it's night. well, nepjam, it is.. it's very huge plant and probably double-sized to others.. wow!!!

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

unfortunately i just deleted important picture which has look to colours, but it has dark-purple signs on leaves. so is this nepalese phenotype then?

JustGrowing420

here is this nepalese jam that i am growing. it showed me many surprises during all stages, but this is too much ahaha! it looks ready at day 42 of 12/12. i think trichomes are probably 50/50 clear-milky, but it is very hard to look for them under hps, so i have to check those heads again when it's night. well, nepjam, it is.. it's very huge plant and probably double-sized to others.. wow!!!

unfortunately i just deleted important picture which has look to colours, but it has dark-purple signs on leaves. so is this nepalese phenotype then?

Nice nice. Looks like Nepalese. I think that after so many generations selecting for this, it's difficult to find a Jamaican pheno.

Some shots of mine dried:

2.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	24 Size:	514.2 KB ID:	17872103

2.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	24 Size:	514.2 KB ID:	17872103

Attachments

• nj5 dry bud.JPG
    nj5 dry bud.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 106

wutwut

Veteran
Nice nice. Looks like Nepalese. I think that after so many generations selecting for this, it's difficult to find a Jamaican pheno.

Some shots of mine dried:

yes it looks kinda same as yours :p i think i'm going to chop her at same time as you did.

1.png

here you can see that colour change on leaf.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
it has dark-purple signs on leaves. so is this nepalese phenotype then?

Hi wutwut, yep, the colorful very early flowering expressions are the more dominant Nepalese phenos that i have been inbreeding the line for since 2014.
They can be harvested after just 7 weeks of flowering as you are experiencing.

Really tempting buds :yummy: JustGrowing420 look very resinous and tasty, well done! ;) Now time to enjoy!
Please, let us know your opinion after a bit of curing and once you are more familiarized with its qualities and vibes.

JustGrowing420

Hi wutwut, yep, the colorful very early flowering expressions are the more dominant Nepalese phenos that i have been inbreeding the line for since 2014.
They can be harvested after just 7 weeks of flowering as you are experiencing.

Really tempting buds :yummy: JustGrowing420 look very resinous and tasty, well done! ;) Now time to enjoy!
Please, let us know your opinion after a bit of curing and once you are more familiarized with its qualities and vibes.

I am quite familiar with the version around 2013-2015, I enjoyed four different phenotypes, the best one looked almost exactly like my #2 plant from a few posts back.
Unfortunately as #2 was the first to be ready, it is now all gone, before even getting a chance to cure :cry:
The one in the photo is #4. Already after about two weeks some fruity sweet and sour notes start to make their appearance, more in the taste than the smell of the buds.
I will report back after finishing my jars, I should have a good opinion by then!

This dwarf Nepalese Jam fem leaned towards the Jamaican as far as looks, but Nepalese for terpenes. Pretty much one huge nug. I froze and washed the whole plant, then pressed it into rosin, my first time doing the process myself. I did save some as hash to enjoy the traditional way. I have some wishful clones that I'm hoping will reveg as I would love to see it vegged a bit bigger. Creamy, slightly minty flavor and it really prickles the nose.

NrmAXcU.jpg

Wx6V6Hj.jpg

i4V4Igr.jpg

e0cJp41.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wowza 5alamander those hashes made from Nepal Jam looks simply :yummy: Very impressive!
It is stated in Nepal Jam strain description that is a great strain to produce hash, not many paid attention to this, glad you tried it ;)

wutwut time for chop chop! :wahey:

wutwut

Veteran
final photos of the grow. i'm bit late to share them because they are already in the jars, hehe. i let her go 9 full weeks, but i took some testers before last chop. she is nicely resinous and i successfully got a clone of her. smoke was very fine for me, it is not too strong but perfect for summertime chilling out.

1.png

2.png

3.png

5.png

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really great resins on your colorful Nepalese leaning pheno wutwut :)
Nepal Jam is perfect when you want well focused, clean , uplifting positive effects, and a tasty sweet creamy smoke :yummy: Enjoy!

JustGrowing420

As I'm smoking on the last grams of my Nepal Jam harvest I feel I can leave a little smoke report.

All the curing they managed to get is a little more than two months.

Out of 4 plants, 2 were really good, the other two not so interesting in comparison.

One was very smooth creamy herbal-hashy smoke, coating your mouth with some floral notes at the end of the puff. Unfortunately this one didn't get to cure at all but if it was this good freshly dried, I can imagine a little cure would make it even better.

The other interesting one started as sweet herbal but light taste, after curing there appeared some sour fruity notes like mango or bit unripe orange, herbal taste intensified also.

The other two were mostly herbal, pretty indifferent smell to be honest, that didn't translate really well to taste.

High at first seemed strong but as tolerance built it has become a really mellow smoke, great for when you don't want to get wrecked.
It has been my morning go-to smoke with coffee or smoke sessions with friends early in the day.

Also made some bubble hash from mixed strains but mostly nepal jam that turned out really good, I'm sure it played a role in this.

Latest posts

Latest posts