What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need some opinions on building a commercial 100 lights grow facility

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Look around for a company that does it. Ask for references, and check them! I know a couple companies here, but that won't help you. A commercial buildout is expensive, and a reto fit is too (100-150 square foot).

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It depends on the medium and growing systems one uses. There are many variables that come to mind the fact you are talking about millions of dollars. To build, run and maintain a system like that everything has to be automated using expensive computers and equipment. Just the AC with dehumidifiers alone will run a couple of million bucks and will have to be maintained by professionals. Expensive costs like the utilities, the cost to run the 100, 1000w "lights alone" will cost $5281.00, a month and cool them will cost another $5800.00 a month just to maintain. Water purifying systems, media, fertilizers, etc., etc. Millions and millions$$$! Happy Gardening!😎

flipflop64

It depends on the medium and growing systems one uses. There are many variables that come to mind the fact you are talking about millions of dollars. To build, run and maintain a system like that everything has to be automated using expensive computers and equipment. Just the AC with dehumidifiers alone will run a couple of million bucks and will have to be maintained by professionals. Expensive costs like the utilities, the cost to run the 100, 1000w "lights alone" will cost $5281.00, a month and cool them will cost another $5800.00 a month just to maintain. Water purifying systems, media, fertilizers, etc., etc. Millions and millions$$$! Happy Gardening!😎

Uhhmm, idk where you get these numbers from but dehu + AC are not a couple million

flipflop64

Look around for a company that does it. Ask for references, and check them! I know a couple companies here, but that won't help you. A commercial buildout is expensive, and a reto fit is too (100-150 square foot).

Yeah the problem is that it wasnt legal so there really arent companies over here

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yeah the problem is that it wasnt legal so there really arent companies over here

I set one up last year, and it's a damn lot of work just planning and acting as GC. 100 lights is a lot, and that isn't enough to go on. How many rooms? Vertical in one or two? Automation? Unless you've done it before and were very involved, I don't think it can be done alone.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Uhhmm, idk where you get these numbers from but dehu + AC are not a couple million

Yes Im exaggerating a little, however just trying to make an important point. "dehu + AC are not a couple million", my friend they have to be in a new building. If I may recommend you start with a smaller grow say 25 1000w until you know what you are doing. After the grow becomes successful add another 25 lights. The #1 thing beginners do is plant more than they can grow and end up selling out and taking a loss. . . my opinion 😎

flipflop64

Ive done fully automated grows succesfully, just not in that scale. Ill post the first version of the blueprint in here later today.

mjseeds

HPS (High Pressure Sodium) lighting is the most popularly used light source with a proven track record for cannabis growers.