What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need some irrigation help from the pros

bushmasta

Hey guys, haven't posted in almost a decade but got back into the business doing a legal CBD grow out here on the East Coast. I have never set up irrigation always did water crystals and learned from Julian's threads. But this is a research grow for the state and everyone likes irrigation here so this has to be finished up already have plants in the ground but nature blessed me with some rain momentarily. I will run through the situation quickly with pics as well and if someone could chime in, we here at the farm would be very gracious.

Objective is as follows- Need to pump horizontally for 9 (115 feet) rows from a 250 gallon reservoir. Plant numbers don't really matter as I have drip tape and plastic set up already. The problem is rows are horizontal on a vertical slope. Reservoir will be at the top corner of field and will have a little help from gravity but the problem will be reaching the plants on the other end. We have came to the conclusion that we need to add another small pump on the outlet side inline before the plants to help aid in pushing it all the way. My question is what pump should I pick up to make this happen without going overkill. Price and purpose in mind. Shouldn't need something too big to finish up the job. Again this is my first time with irrigation so I'm here asking for help from veterans. If any other details are needed, please feel free to ask and thank you for your time

Photos coming in just a minute...

bushmasta

Here ya go

GPTempDownload (1).jpg

GPTempDownload (2).jpg

GPTempDownload (3).jpg

GPTempDownload (4).jpg

GPTempDownload (5).jpg

redlaser

Veteran
Some drip irrigation tubing has limits as to how much it will cover, for instance dripworks tubing at 12 inch spacing is good for 250 ft.

Their tubing is pressure compensating so the elevation changes shouldn’t affect it much if at all. That might not be a feature with the tape you have, worth checking on.

With a 1/2 hp Superior pump rated at 3,000 gpm, with a 25 ft lift, I am able to use 630 ft of the 12 inch spaced pressure compensating tubing, way beyond the 250 ft it is rated at. 79$ pump.

I would advise TWO filters in line with each other a disc type first and a screen of 100 mesh to filter before the drip tape to get maximum life from irrigation, my second filter catches plenty of b.s.

Split the rows into 3-5 zones, each one controlled by a 12$ solenoid, controlled by a 60/70$ orbit timer if you have electric available.

What kind of CBD plants are you going with this year? I need to focus on a good one myself

Latest posts

Latest posts