What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need some help with Gummies

Cactus Squatter

First, yes I have read all of the other gummy threads, but my wife has food allergies that none of the other recipes compensate for.

Her recipe contains the following ingredients:
Organic Fruit juice
Gelatin
and a tiny bit of coconut oil to coat the setting pan.

I have several 1 gram bubble hash pucks I’d like to somehow evenly incorporate into her gummies. Anyone have a solid way of doing that?

I’ve thought about dissolving the bubble hash in as little everclear as needed and then letting the alcohol Cook off, but not sure if that’s the best way.

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Aloha Cactus Squatter . Your most recent pix in the ACE Threads are looking Great!!

When I make Gummies, I use Infused Coconut Oil as one of the base ingredients. Tincture cooked down, added to Juice then thickened with Gelatin seems like it should work fine. The Juice will shorten room temperature shelf life, so plan on stashing them in the fridge or freezer. Interested to hear what others think and have done.

Cactus Squatter

Aloha Cactus Squatter . Your most recent pix in the ACE Threads are looking Great!!

When I make Gummies, I use Infused Coconut Oil as one of the base ingredients. Tincture cooked down, added to Juice then thickened with Gelatin seems like it should work fine. The Juice will shorten room temperature shelf life, so plan on stashing them in the fridge or freezer. Interested to hear what others think and have done.

That’s awesome, thank you.
Mind sharing your recipe/mix ratio? I figured the coconut oil would just move to the outside of the gummies and not combine with them properly.

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
The recipe I use is really simple. For any store bought Jello style brand or Natural alternative, I use equal amounts of Coconut Oil and Liquid. The Liquid can be Water, Juice, or Energy Drinks (like Red Bull or Monster). The amount of Oil+Liquid equals half the Total amount of water recommended on the package instructions. Most standard size Jello packs call for a Total of 2 cups water, which translates to 1 cup Oil+Liquid or 1/2 cup Oil and 1/2 cup Liquid. The Starburst flavors are in a Bigger box and take 3/4 cup (6oz.) of each. The recipe also calls for 1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin for every 2oz. of Oil. So standard boxes take 2 Tablespoons, the next size up takes 3.

You warm the Oil and Liquid (of your choice) over low heat in a saucepan. Combine boxed mix with Unflavored Gelatin in a separate bowl to make it easier to add to the saucepan. Once Oil and Liquid are evenly blended, add mix + Gelatin. Whisk gently but constantly keeping temperature below boiling.

Whisking is important to get everything mixed right, and it usually blends perfectly at first, then separates a bit then comes back together. Usually 10-15 minutes of whisk work over low heat and they're ready to pour into molds. Get an Offset Spatula to spread the hot liquid evenly. Cake decorators use them to get the icing straight and level, and it makes short work.

I make them all the time from this basic recipe. You can get really creative with flavors.

Cactus Squatter

Awesome. I’ll have to see if it works with the stuff she uses. The regular box mixes have things she avoids so I’m pretty sure it’s straight gelatin she uses plus the fruit juice.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
The recipe I use is really simple. For any store bought Jello style brand or Natural alternative, I use equal amounts of Coconut Oil and Liquid. The Liquid can be Water, Juice, or Energy Drinks (like Red Bull or Monster). The amount of Oil+Liquid equals half the Total amount of water recommended on the package instructions. Most standard size Jello packs call for a Total of 2 cups water, which translates to 1 cup Oil+Liquid or 1/2 cup Oil and 1/2 cup Liquid. The Starburst flavors are in a Bigger box and take 3/4 cup (6oz.) of each. The recipe also calls for 1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin for every 2oz. of Oil. So standard boxes take 2 Tablespoons, the next size up takes 3.

You warm the Oil and Liquid (of your choice) over low heat in a saucepan. Combine boxed mix with Unflavored Gelatin in a separate bowl to make it easier to add to the saucepan. Once Oil and Liquid are evenly blended, add mix + Gelatin. Whisk gently but constantly keeping temperature below boiling.

Whisking is important to get everything mixed right, and it usually blends perfectly at first, then separates a bit then comes back together. Usually 10-15 minutes of whisk work over low heat and they're ready to pour into molds. Get an Offset Spatula to spread the hot liquid evenly. Cake decorators use them to get the icing straight and level, and it makes short work.

I make them all the time from this basic recipe. You can get really creative with flavors.

ive been needing a easy way of useing my canna coco oil to make gummies

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Hey Cactus Squatter , I hear you. My wife has been after me for quite a while to clean up the recipe. It's basically equal parts infused oil and liquid, then enough gelatin to make them set. Obviously the stronger the Oil, the stronger the taste and some extra sweetness or flavor may be desired. The Juice idea should work great. I'll post a cleaner recipe after some tests.

Greetings bugman52 , this is a Great way to use up some Canna Oil. Enjoy!!

dramamine

I wanted to add something useful I've found with gummies. If you use a juice that is high in anti-oxidants, they will be shelf-stable with no preservatives added. I use sour cherry juice and have left packs sitting out for over a year with no mold at all. Pretty nice.

If you pour the juice over the jello mix and/or gelatin and let it sit for 10 minutes or so to hydrate before adding the oils, the mixture will come together really easily without too much whisking, especially if you add some lecithin. Over-whisking it can form a lot of air bubbles, which can sometimes lead to mold problems later on.

One last thing is that if you look at the jello package, it's just gelatin and some sugar and artificial flavoring. You can add your own extra gelatin and sugar, gram for gram, and avoid having to buy jello mix at all. Flavorings, natural or artificial, are cheap and easy to find if needed.

Cactus Squatter

Alright, so replacing half the juice with coconut oil does work with my wife’s recipe however all I can taste is coconut oil which I hate… I know part of the issue is us not using flavor pack jello and just relying on the fruit juice to flavor things. I’m going to try and concentrate down the juice a bunch next run and see if it fixes the flavor any.

So if anyone has any suggestions on a non oil method I’m all ears.

@peace

Hey Cactus Squatter. You guys had me curious as I thought there is not way you could mix oil and gelatin. I googled coconut oil gummies and found this recipe:

https://emilykylenutrition.com/cannabis-gummies-with-oil/

I am not sure if it is any good as I have never seen this website before but the ingredient list looked similar to what you were wanting to use and it seems to have a lot of instructions.

@peace

That same website has a tincture based recipe if you don't want oil:

https://emilykylenutrition.com/cannabis-gummies-with-tincture/

Like you mentioned with the oil ones you will still want to cover up the flavour somehow. I posted an edible oatmeal cookie recipe the other day. It uses infused oil of any kind and you will barely taste the weed, cinnamon is the key for that I find. You could try including cinnamon in these gummies maybe?

Cactus Squatter

I’ll give that tincture version a try, thanks!
I make my oil using bubble hash so I don’t really taste the green so much as just the coconut oil and I just have a personal disgust with that taste unfortunately.

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
1228211607.jpg

Gummy Blue Year everyone!!

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Click image for larger version  Name:	1228211615.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.9 KB ID:	18027701

Sad story. Always keep edibles away from Little People, Pets, and the Uninitiated.

I had a Dog who was not allergic to Chocolate, and he loved to lick the Brownie Batter bowl. He was an Old School Party Hound from Texas though. He loved Weed and Beer, and watched TV too.

Cactus Squatter

My dog loves the gummies. 😂
She also loves weed. She’ll come and get in your face for a hit. She has days she doesn’t want it, but when she does she gets pushy. 😂

A dog we had when I was a teenager understood rotation. He’d sit by me, get a hit, then move 3-4 people to the right and wait. If they gave him a hit he’d repeat till he was good then go lay in the sun. If the person he sat by didn’t give him a hit he’d grumble and look at the person to his right for one. 😂 he was one hell of a hilarious dog.