What's new

Need Help - Plants flowering too soon

soma_junkie

Hi, I'm new to IC. I've been growing for a few years but am still learning a lot each year. One thing which has been a problem for me, and continues to be, is transplanting plants to a greenhouse without them flowering too soon. I understand this has to do with the light cycle the plants are on in the grow room before you put them outdoors, among other things.

Well, I have some clones in a grow room right now (mostly Cinderella 99 and Superdawg.) They are on a 14/10 light cycle. I was planning on putting them outside this week (I know, very late in the season but there were major hold ups, I had no choice....then again, I planted in early August last year and came out alright for the most part.) These clones I speak of are beginning to show their pistils. They are each about 4 or 5 inches tall. My expectation is that if I put them outside at this point they will put on very little vegetative growth and then flower. :badday:

My question is....is there anything I can do at this point to avoid this sad fate? Any quick adjustments that could save my ass? They've only just begun to show their pistils this week. I don't really have much time. I need these things in the ground immeaditely. If there's nothing I can do.....could someone suggest a foolproof method of how to prep clones for putting outdoors for future reference? I've read some things about this topic but nothing is as detailed as I would like. Like, what light cycle should I put young clones on and what light cycle should I have them on before I transplant to the greenhouse? If this has already been covered in the forum, could someone point me to the appropriate threads. Thanks in advance for any help.

peace
soma_junkie

G

This is a long question and I have a poor attention span. If these are pre flowers you are seeing then put them out now. At your latitudes i am supposing 14 to 16 hours. of light outside a day. At 12 /12 day dark they will start to bloom more than in pre flower. The c99 i think takes 9-12 weeks to finish leaning to the 9 that is < 12. I dint know how much pot you need the more you veg with greater than 12 hours of light the more you will come up with because of course a larger plant will have more buddaqge. As far as prep a good prep is to acclimate the clones by removing the humidity dome if there is a dome. Put the clones where you will plant them a few hours at a time or until they wilt. Remove the clones at any sign of stress. They should acclimate in 3 days to a week at longest.The shortening day length is what causes most marijuana to begin flowering. I hope this helps as i said my attention is poor

soma_junkie

Thanks. I'll do what you suggest and hope for the best. I still suspect I might be screwed, but maybe it'll teach me a lesson to be more careful. Sorry about the long message but I was kind of panicking when I wrote it and started rambling a bit.

peace
soma_junkie