What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nationwide (USA) CBD Recall: MHR Brands/InHe Mfg.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nationwide CBD Recall last week of July 2020.

A CBD company is recalling dozens of pet and human hemp products after the Florida Health Department notified it of lead contamination.

Marijuana Moment reports that the recall was initially announced last month by MHR Brands, a Florida-based hemp company. Dozens of CBD tinctures made by the company and its subsidiary InHe Manufacturing were said to be contaminated with lead. An independent analysis reportedly showed that the oil wasn’t the actual issue, though—it was lead-contaminated droppers that were produced by a third-party manufacturer.

The Food and Drug Administration is helping to amplify the recall announcement in the hopes of preventing any adverse health effects. So far the agency has not reported any complaints of health complications resulting from the use of the tinctures, but it’s advising anyone who purchased the products to dispose of them and monitor their health.

“Exposure to lead could present physical signs and symptoms including pain, paresthesia/muscle weakness, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, poor appetite, weight loss, symptoms associated with encephalitis, metallic taste in the mouth, shock, hemolysis or kidney damage,” FDA said in a notice published last week.

Consumers are advised to destroy any bottles of Tasty Drops, Purfurred, Made by Hemp, Herbal Renewals, Barkley Bistro, A Clean Choice, BC Hemp, Boost IV Hydration and Acadia Farms branded CBD oils purchased since June.

The FDA made a point of confirming that it did not endorse the products being recalled.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The FDA made a point of confirming that it did not endorse the products being recalled.

Let that soak in. They recalled it anyways. Good. Damn chicom poison droppers.

Damn feds - if it is 3 letters we are probably better off without their help.

My dental hygenist thinks she may be coming down with MS. I pointed her to a retail store where they sell the CBD isolate I use. Next would be her eating something made with my butter.

Last edited: