What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

n-p-k ?

Darkhalf

Found this fertaliser today in the sore with and n-p-k of 4-4-12
but 1.2% of nitrogen is something called nitrogen ammoniacal

would this totally mess up my auto's in flower?

what's the ideal n-p-k i should be looking for?

DH
icon10.gif

Mr. Stinky

that will work fine. just follow the directions.

i prefer a ratio of 1-2-2 for flowering plants, and 1-1-1 for vegetative plants. 19-19-19 for veg and 10-20-20 for flower as an example.

M

Micro420

Agree that will work. Fertilizer is fertilizer. I personally use mircle grow tomatoe and bloom buster on all my plants(weed/nonweed). The key to helping plants is to use it on a regular basis. Depending on the solution strenght.... once or twice a week. Twice a week if its a weak solution.

But off topic here... i've got squash plants with leaves bigger than my feet and dinner plants. On a regular basis plants will respond better.

Bob_J

nitrogen ammoniacal is from what i understand ammonium nitrate. fertilizers can use several forms of each element, ammonium nitrate being a form that is released very quickly. agricultural farmers sometimes use the pure form of this, rock blasting uses this and diesel/kerosene for blowing up rocks :).
the rest of your nitrogen comes from the nitrate form, which is bonded to other elements and is much slower to be released (potassium nitrate).

there are hundreds of NPK formulas. always look for something that has micro nutrients. IMO 1-1-2 with .6 Mg is a good ratio. remember us humans tend to think of "fertilizer" as "food"....when really it is just building blocks. too much to often does nothing but lower the potential yield.
the food comes from sunlight and Co2. i read in a book called "secrets of high yield plant growth" that the plant is made up of:

45% Oxygen
45% Carbon
4% "fertilizer" *elements*
6% hydrogen

just thought it was interesting. book was by graham reinders. also has a book with blue coil binding available in many hydro stores called "how to supercharge your garden"

-Bob J.

Latest posts

Latest posts