What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my white widow grow

hippy59

4 white widow from ILGM grown in cococoir using botana care line, eventually under 1000 watt hps on 16/8 in a 5x5 tent, but started under 8 bulb floro. they are about 1 week old today. once they get 5 leaf sets they will go into the tent with the light very hi up. tomato cages will hold them up and be installed in about 2 weeks so as not to damage roots. experience has proven it takes very little stress to mess up autos. pictures after I get them into the tent in 2 weeks hopefully.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4 white widow from ILGM grown in cococoir using botana care line, eventually under 1000 watt hps on 16/8 in a 5x5 tent, but started under 8 bulb floro. they are about 1 week old today. once they get 5 leaf sets they will go into the tent with the light very hi up. tomato cages will hold them up and be installed in about 2 weeks so as not to damage roots. experience has proven it takes very little stress to mess up autos. pictures after I get them into the tent in 2 weeks hopefully.

True!! Just don't over fertilize, allow good root growth.

Good luck!

hippy59

been growing various autos for a few now so, tho I am by far an expert, I kinda know what I am doing tho always room for improvement. never transplant, trim, fim, scrog or LST. just let em go. I tried scrog once but the roots are so shallow compaired to the photos that the plant literally tilted out of the ground. I water thurally when I plant them with no nutes, let dry completely or till pots are very light, then drench again with very little nutes and let dry completely then onto full nutes at 3rd watering which is about the 3 week mark. after 3 weeks I mini flush with full strength bloom nutes. about 1.5 gallons per 3 gallon pot and it usually works quite well.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
never transplant, trim, fim, scrog or LST.

Not true! We LST like crazy with our strains that have lower branches or our taller ones, bending down cola. FIM not so much as it takes autos too long to recuperate, our experience. However, several auto growers attest they do it (early on) and doesn't impact plant much.

Transplanting, as long as done carefully, not injuring root ball taking most of soil from smaller container into bigger, you're golden. Can't speak for hydro/coco.

https://www.autoflowering-cannabis.com/autoflower-scrog/

However, everyone had their own method....grow with it.

hippy59

I have heard about ppl doing LST to them, and even fiming them. my attempts at transplant goes so far as when they pop out of the little peat puck I put in the coco b4 roots show. I tried fim once and it hurt. a lot. lol.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know what you are doing....just grow/harvest and enjoy!!!

Haven't grown that particular selection, but have grown numerous White Widow autos and hybrids. Stellar strain!