What's new

My shroomy plans!

79towncar

You shouldn't use soo much verm.. Verm is non nutrious, it's only point is to keep moisture in the substrate. You want to use 1 quart of verm per 10 quarts of substrate.. So I would axe that.. Also they need more light then a couple hours.. They should get about 10-12 hours of indirect sunlight.. So keep them in light for 10 hours.. The fresh air is very important yoiuu really need to fan out the bins when you are ready to fruit.. Also you are probabily only going to get 2 flushes.. Maybe 3.. For sustained multiple flushes you really need to be adding alot of spawn to your bulk substrate.. About 60/40 substrate to spawn ratio.. If I were you I would keep them for 2 flushes and then toss them.. The real estate they take up is much more valuable.. By the time it takes for 3 flushes you can have another fully colonized substrate ready to fruit.. So in conclusion only use 1 quart of verm per 10 quarts of substrate.. Give them 10-12 hours of indirect light.. And use more spawn and only try for 2 flushes...

mycoboto

You could completed substitute the coffee with worm castings if you wanted to. If you can make sure you get the medium grade vermiculite, it is also called the horticultural grade vermiculite. Because they also make a fine grade and a larger grade that is pea sized. The medium works the best, but ace hardware is about the only place I know that selles it. If you have a hydroponic store close by they might carry bigger bags. You can also use shredded wheat straw and aged horse manure, or you can just substitute the horse manure with worm castings, or you can add both. But there is definately more than one way to grow shrooms, lol. It's pretty fun watchin them grow though. sporewarks.com is a reliable sporebank too. Good luck.

mycoboto

I meant sporeworks.com I just wouldn't buy cultivation supplies and spore at the same place at the same time

mycoboto

I've had penis envy substate bags, innoculated with colonized wildbirdseed, fully colonize in just a lil over a week at about 76-78 degrees. I've never had a problem with penis envy colonising though. Maybe there's some bad spores out there, or maybe their ph was off by adding to much lime. I dunno.

any verm will work some just works better.

i like to buy spores from ralphs

when it comes to growing mushrooms, i have tried many different methods including this one. I have just gone back to "keeping it simple". I do the rez effect tek. except i use coco coir as well as wbs/verm. i do not pasteurize coco coir. i sterilize it. i put it in a bucket and pour boiling water over it and cover it with a towel.. let it sit a while. then i just scoop it out with my hands (clean hands and gloves) and squeeze the excess moister out to field capacity in each scoop and drop it in another clean container. then i use it as part of my substrate with a verm/coir/wbs mix. then i just let that colonize in a tray.. then sprinkle a dry verm layer on top of it (just enough to cover the white). then spray it with some water and your good to fruit.

there is a lot more to it but that is just the method i have used for years in a quick paragraph. i get those 20qt containers at walmart for like 5 bucks and they each do about a QP.

if you are interested just seach google for rez effect and read about it

no its not pasteurizing if the water is boiling. i have a pressure cooker too. ive been cultivating for a while now lol

it kills all the bacteria.. even the beneficial

I remember reading a post about whether to pasteurize or sterilize and i was convinced to sterilize bulk substrates instead. I used to pasteurize.

by killing all bacteria the mycelium has a better chance at winning the fight to take over the substrate first.

pasteurizing just leave the beneficial bacteria

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Hey man your plan sounds pretty decent. I would skip the coffee grounds and get some composted manure of some sorts. Make sure your popcorn is dried off before jaring, I also recomend a thin layer of verm in the bottom of the jars to soak any excess moisture. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts