What's new

my pics look like shit!

smallfry707

well i need some help with taking pics! i have a casio exilim 10.1 megapixel .. btw this is my frist time uploading pics so i hope it works

Attachments

• pineapple trainwreck.jpg
    pineapple trainwreck.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 17
  • user23622 pic760 1231965819 thumb
    user23622 pic760 1231965819 thumb
    47.7 KB · Views: 27
  • trainwreck.jpg
    trainwreck.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 17

smallfry707

other pics look like this

Attachments

• CIMG0174.jpg
    CIMG0174.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 16
  • CIMG0176.jpg
    CIMG0176.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 20
  • CIMG0186.jpg
    CIMG0186.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 19
  • CIMG0195.jpg
    CIMG0195.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 20

ourcee

did you get an instruction manual? you probably have an "auto" mode where its pretty much gonna be a point and shoot type thing. one thing i'm noticing is your focus is WAYYYY off. focus and take the pic without moving the camera and they will turn out much nicer, a tripod may help with this.

smallfry707

no instructional manuel.. somebody broke into my car and took the box and all the cables that went with my camera.. im thinking of buying a nikon d90 and taking some photgraphy classes at a community college , just because i have way to much free time

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SmallFry..Ourcee has some good advise..in one image you can see your background is in focus but the bud is not. With many cameras you have to make sure your subject is what you are focusing on. Holding very still is also helpful. I think your lighting is fine, that is the best one can do with HPS..there is a sticky in this forum that explains how to remove this lighting. I'd suggest moving your plants to indoor indirect sunlight will help you too...that D90..would be quite an upgrade..DD

SuperConductor

Veteran
Also macro setting is good for bud shots. The symbol looks like a little tulip. If you can't get focus then take a couple of steps back and try again, later you can crop the shot using an image program to get closer in. I find using the 'P' setting if you have one is really helpful, as far as I know it stands for 'programmed manual' like a fancy 'auto' which shows you all it's settings. Tucking your elbows into your sides helps keep the cam steady.