What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My neighbor when I was a kid.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
I was thinking about my neighbor from when I was a kid. Red Prouty. He lived down the road on a hairpin curve in a tarred shack with a garden in the front yard.
He didnt pay taxes on that shack. The land had been in his family since being granted to them by King George 3rd.
He had a old VW beetle but usually road his bike. It wasnt unusual to see him on his bike miles from home even in his older years. .
He played an old Harmony guitar, a fiddle and the banjo and had played at many fiddling contests and shows in the northeast and was friendly with Pete Seeger and other notable folk singers.
He had the same kind of shack in Florida where he spent his winters, New England winters not being suitable to his home.
He was a nice guy and I have fond memories of him from my younger years.
Anyhow, I searched his name and found this on the internet. It brings me back to memories from better , more carefree times.

sneezydog

This is awesome thank you so much for sharing hes a member of my "family" for sure. Wish i had someone like that in my blood family to hang out with. Lost a hanai (not blood) uncle last year, or really, the only 2 very close ones i had.
Your a few up in my book Ahab... :) Be Well and many Blessings to you and yours.