What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My mum´s going in for her first surgery tomorrow

Cuddles

It never rains it pours doesn't it dear. If it was me, I would wait until the operated one is better (healed) before I would even think of getting the other one done while the other one is still recovering. Then again... this s all based on the severity of the issue, and to attack the elephant in the room, how long until a re-schedule? Bzt, Bzt, Bzt... :)
my worry is that they´ll screw up again, maybe even worse and she´ll be blind or something...

Cuddles

good news!
The doc says the infection is practically gone and my mum says the eye still hurts a little but it´s much better. PHEW!!! (y)
She still has to take those eye drops however.
She also says that she can see stuff she couldn´t before the surgery.

The bad news: I asked but she says : NO Super powers... :ROFLMAO: oh well.

Cuddles

Well all in all that sounds spectacular 😉

I am thrilled to hear that!

She's a mom.....

Mum's already have super powers...

Never doubt that!!

You´re right about mums having `super powers´ . My mum could (almost) always tell when I was exaggerating about not feeling well and didn´t want to go school (my parents were very strict about this sort of thing)
but then again she´s a nurse after all!
It´s a blessing as well as a curse when you´re growing up :biggrin:

The doc says she should definetely do the second surgery this week and I really hope that it´ll be better than the first one. Man, I really don´t need this kind of anxiety. I have enough issues of my own to worry about 🥴

Last edited:

Cuddles

I called today to find out how the second surgery went and this time it was much better. She went in for the first post op check up today and the doc said everything is fine this time -no infection.
Her eyes hurt of course but it´ll go away eventually. She just has to keep putting those eye drops in for a couple of weeks.
We´ll see ...
:)

She told me some sad news though- one of our relatives died of dementia last week :(

exoticrobotic

Glad to hear your mum's 2nd eye surgery went well.

My mum had surgery to reduce the pressure in her eyes with a laser beam. While i was with her at the hospital i was reading the info leaflets on various eye conditions.

I cant remember the exact one but it said a common temporary after effect of the corrective surgery was seeing legions of marching soldiers.

Bizarre eh?

Cuddles

Glad to hear your mum's 2nd eye surgery went well.

My mum had surgery to reduce the pressure in her eyes with a laser beam. While i was with her at the hospital i was reading the info leaflets on various eye conditions.

I cant remember the exact one but it said a common temporary after effect of the corrective surgery was seeing legions of marching soldiers.

Bizarre eh?
legions of marching soldiers

Bizzare indeed! Gotta ask my mum if she´s been seeing strange things! So far the only thing she said was that she saw more dirt and dust around the house than before, which I find hard to believe as she´s forever cleaning everything, lol

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I called today to find out how the second surgery went and this time it was much better. She went in for the first post op check up today and the doc said everything is fine this time -no infection.
Her eyes hurt of course but it´ll go away eventually. She just has to keep putting those eye drops in for a couple of weeks.
We´ll see ...
:)

She told me some sad news though- one of our relatives died of dementia last week :(
Cool beans (y) :)
Now wishing your mum a speedy recovery :)

Cuddles

I talked to my mum today and asked her how her eyes and eyesight are now. She told me of some rather bizzare side effects: she says that the colours all look very strange. One example she mentioned is that the white walls now have yellow stripes and that red looks pink. Very odd isn´t it?
Her eyes are also extremely sensitive to light.

Latest posts

Latest posts