What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My mum´s going in for her first surgery tomorrow

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What I found with new lenses is the blue was very vivid, since I wasn’t looking through yellowed old lenses. I also see spider webs at night when looking at lights. UV light will mess your eye lenses up. Wear shades.

I hate it that they screwed up your Mothers operation.

RobFromTX

I talked to my mum today and asked her how her eyes and eyesight are now. She told me of some rather bizzare side effects: she says that the colours all look very strange. One example she mentioned is that the white walls now have yellow stripes and that red looks pink. Very odd isn´t it?
Her eyes are also extremely sensitive to light.
Hoping for the best man. The light sensitivity is temporary. I remember my grandmother having eye surgery and dealing with that.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I talked to my mum today and asked her how her eyes and eyesight are now. She told me of some rather bizzare side effects: she says that the colours all look very strange. One example she mentioned is that the white walls now have yellow stripes and that red looks pink. Very odd isn´t it?
Her eyes are also extremely sensitive to light.
sunglasses will relieve the eye strain (sensitivity) :)

Cuddles

another quick update

She says her eye still hurst - sometimes more , sometimes less. On Friday it was not good at all. But my old man is still making her go out to meet people ans shit coz he can´t have dnner with friends himself. One week after the second surgery.
She says she still can´t see the colours properly and watching TV etc is really weird.
I´m gonna tell her to look at some of their art books and pay more attention to the paintings they got hanging on the walls next time we talk :p It´ll be a whole new experience. Just imagine looking at an art work you you know well but seeing different colours, colours which werennot even painted!

Cuddles

See if she bought a cape... she can still be a superhero without a cape but if she starts flying it's all about safety!
I asked if she can like see through walls or other stuff but she still ain´t got any superpowers, lol. And she´s not suppose to drive or fly about until her eyes are okay again :biggrin:

Cuddles

Okay, I called today and she says there´s not a great deal of change. Her eyes still hurt, the over-sensitivity to light is still there and the colours are also still kinda weird - she says she ´s not sure whether the colours are meant to be the way she sees them or not.

Latest posts

Latest posts