What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first time with THC distillate carts.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Well, if there are still people here who remember me from this account from 2010+, or those who remember me by my prior user name from 2007-2010 horror_business and have followed my posts you know that I now live in Chile, where I was born, but grew up in the states.

For those that don't know me and even for those that have, I have mainly smoked flower during my near daily tenure of smoking from 2006 to present. I learned how to make QWISO on these forums and made a lot of if around 2008, but had no dab rig or anything so I just mainly put it on top of bud and it would burn forever. Apart from QWISO, I have vaped flower through the Volcano and various mid range dry herb vapes. I've experienced edibles on many occasions and enjoy them. That's all, until recently.

The other day, I was presented with the opportunity and got a "kit" that came with a pen and a cart of my choice. I chose Blueberry.

After all was said and done, I couldn't resist the urge to "test it out", even though I normally don't start smoking until after I'm im and 100% free at night, as now it's important for me to stay alert during the day, due to the streets, rise in crime, and my not give AF attitude about wearing heavy gold.

Anyway, I click it 5 times to start it, and I take a decent hit. Instantly I could taste what I can only describe as the scent/flavor that the QWISO I used to make had, as well as scissor hash, and some edibles, followed by a nice blueberry flavor with terps allegedly from blueberry, which I believe to be true, but if not, they did a good job of mixing terps because it really tastes like the strain.

After my first hit, after noticing the flavor, within seconds I was high. Not "getting there", of feeling a build up, but high. I decided to take 2-3 more bigger hits, and turned if off and was higher than I've been... ever?

That night I made the mistake/learning lesson to not hit it as frequently I would a joint, or a bowl. I didn't have a negative experience, but I fell asleep live, in my chair.

The following day, I noticed I vaped close to half, so I realized I had to conserve. I recall taking two massive hits, and then going to the bakery. Outdoors, in the city. I didn't think two hits after the night prior's session would have much effect, but it did. I was stoned to the bone. It was enjoyable and nothing bad happened, but I live in one of the most dangerous areas of Santiago, and literally at the core of the most dangerous part. It was at that point, while still enjoying my high, I then understood why my very successful friend is the same way. As he said, most of his friends that ended up being victims of something were on something, or even just high. I felt high enough were I realized that in some situation, I would probably lose because of how stoned I was.

I then tried getting blazed off the distilate than smoking flower, to make up for the cannabinods apart from THC and CBD but both put me to sleep.

I then had ak47 and island skunk delivered, and tried the ak47 first which was very nice but heard great reviews about the island skunk, and planned on alternating, but this island skunk is amazing.

I realized my tolerance level will go up and likely bud wont feel right, but in that event I guess a few day tolerance break would fix it, but being without would likely be more unpleasant and intense than just bud.

I just don't see the point in flower anymore when I can get so high off of distillate and save money as I'm not growing at the moment.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Well, if there are still people here who remember me from this account from 2010+, or those who remember me by my prior user name from 2007-2010 horror_business and have followed my posts you know that I now live in Chile, where I was born, but grew up in the states.

For those that don't know me and even for those that have, I have mainly smoked flower during my near daily tenure of smoking from 2006 to present. I learned how to make QWISO on these forums and made a lot of if around 2008, but had no dab rig or anything so I just mainly put it on top of bud and it would burn forever. Apart from QWISO, I have vaped flower through the Volcano and various mid range dry herb vapes. I've experienced edibles on many occasions and enjoy them. That's all, until recently.

The other day, I was presented with the opportunity and got a "kit" that came with a pen and a cart of my choice. I chose Blueberry.

After all was said and done, I couldn't resist the urge to "test it out", even though I normally don't start smoking until after I'm im and 100% free at night, as now it's important for me to stay alert during the day, due to the streets, rise in crime, and my not give AF attitude about wearing heavy gold.

Anyway, I click it 5 times to start it, and I take a decent hit. Instantly I could taste what I can only describe as the scent/flavor that the QWISO I used to make had, as well as scissor hash, and some edibles, followed by a nice blueberry flavor with terps allegedly from blueberry, which I believe to be true, but if not, they did a good job of mixing terps because it really tastes like the strain.

After my first hit, after noticing the flavor, within seconds I was high. Not "getting there", of feeling a build up, but high. I decided to take 2-3 more bigger hits, and turned if off and was higher than I've been... ever?

That night I made the mistake/learning lesson to not hit it as frequently I would a joint, or a bowl. I didn't have a negative experience, but I fell asleep live, in my chair.

The following day, I noticed I vaped close to half, so I realized I had to conserve. I recall taking two massive hits, and then going to the bakery. Outdoors, in the city. I didn't think two hits after the night prior's session would have much effect, but it did. I was stoned to the bone. It was enjoyable and nothing bad happened, but I live in one of the most dangerous areas of Santiago, and literally at the core of the most dangerous part. It was at that point, while still enjoying my high, I then understood why my very successful friend is the same way. As he said, most of his friends that ended up being victims of something were on something, or even just high. I felt high enough were I realized that in some situation, I would probably lose because of how stoned I was.

I then tried getting blazed off the distilate than smoking flower, to make up for the cannabinods apart from THC and CBD but both put me to sleep.

I then had ak47 and island skunk delivered, and tried the ak47 first which was very nice but heard great reviews about the island skunk, and planned on alternating, but this island skunk is amazing.

I realized my tolerance level will go up and likely bud wont feel right, but in that event I guess a few day tolerance break would fix it, but being without would likely be more unpleasant and intense than just bud.

I just don't see the point in flower anymore when I can get so high off of distillate and save money as I'm not growing at the moment.
Very interesting friend thanks for sharing your experience with us.

aqualungs

Distillate is one of the worst extracts you can smoke imo. It is the hot dog of the cannabis industry. It is made from a crude oil of questionable origin. Most are made with the plants that could never be sold as saleable flower/junk/boof and trim. Besides that part they are lacking in cannabinoids other than THC and provide a rather hollow high mostly in the head with no body, from my experience.

Also, the terps are most likely non-cannabis terpenes. The experience lacks medicinal value and is very processed with solvents to provide your “high”. To each there own but as a concerned friend, ditch the disty and get some live rosin carts, live resin carts would even be better than the disty.

You probably may have gotten higher than you have before but you can get there in many more ways. A proper edible/RSO/SHO buzz can be a much stronger experience than smoking and lasts much longer.

My best advice is grow your own and you are in the right place. Friends don’t let friends smoke distillate. Lol, should be a t shirt 👕

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I have sampled carts here is legal Canada. Yes, they get you high but I find that the taste is very synthetic. It is like Tang versus real orange juice - yes, almost that blatant. They also seem to lean harsh - so I cough a lot. And . . . the high is short. So . . . adding it all up, I don't buy a lot of carts . . . :rasta:

sneezydog

I remember ya Tetra! Different name those days. Hows Chile? I have to explore more of South America. Love the culture.
My 2 cents would be to buy a vape from "youcan " maybe, or similar, that has the removable bowls made with 2 ceramic rods wound with a heating coil. People use them for dmt but they are perfect for dropping a chunk of rosin into with no distillate needed.
The first button press melts it from solid and when done it goes solid again!:)

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Here is a good one at my local . . . I can't wait to try this one. :cool:

ppcart.jpg

Last edited:

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Thank you everyone for your replies. I am definitely interested in getting some rosin. I realized I can refill these carts, so I assume I'll get a g of rosin, use something metal and pokey, and heat it so it drips into the cart.

In the meantime, I agree and disagree with some of the comments, for example, as someone mentioned, they experience a short lived head high. For me, it is both body and mind. I DO agree that only having THC & CBD, as well as "Cannabis Derived Terps", is lacking in other cannabinoids and terps. I am not giving up bud. I don't have any, but luckily it still gets me stoned in experiments where I smoke it first. Not as quick at all, but if I hit the distillate after or before I get "too high", not in a negative way, but I'll be so relaxed I'll just fall asleep.

I am not here to promote any brand, so I won't mention the two that I like, but they both have great reviews, and aren't the cheap ones either. I was tempted by those, but was told you get what you pay for here.

Currently nicely medicated on a runtz hybrid.

I plan on alternating between that and a gelato hybrid that I really enjoy.

For whatever it's worth these claim to be "full spectrum".

Tincandtoke

Thank you everyone for your replies. I am definitely interested in getting some rosin. I realized I can refill these carts, so I assume I'll get a g of rosin, use something metal and pokey, and heat it so it drips into the cart.

In the meantime, I agree and disagree with some of the comments, for example, as someone mentioned, they experience a short lived head high. For me, it is both body and mind. I DO agree that only having THC & CBD, as well as "Cannabis Derived Terps", is lacking in other cannabinoids and terps. I am not giving up bud. I don't have any, but luckily it still gets me stoned in experiments where I smoke it first. Not as quick at all, but if I hit the distillate after or before I get "too high", not in a negative way, but I'll be so relaxed I'll just fall asleep.

I am not here to promote any brand, so I won't mention the two that I like, but they both have great reviews, and aren't the cheap ones either. I was tempted by those, but was told you get what you pay for here.

Currently nicely medicated on a runtz hybrid.

I plan on alternating between that and a gelato hybrid that I really enjoy.

For whatever it's worth these claim to be "full spectrum".

Going through my concentrate experimentation right now
Medicating with live resin and diamonds with some terp sauce added
Intense high that lasts a while, I have low tolerance
Have tried rosin and going back to it when I finish the resin and diamonds
Much calmer high
You can only get decent resin in sugar/jam form around here, the live resin carts are just distillate with terpenes sauce
IMG_20240307_224941.jpg

These are in cold storage waiting for me to finish full spectrum oil carts