What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My FC-E6500 is stoopid, how do I make it smarter?

Vandenberg

420giveaway
I was wondering when will the new WiFi/ Bluetooth swappable upgrade Wifi dimmer box and the upcoming integrated FC and FC-E series systems become readily available for sale here in the US?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-083310.png
    Screenshot_20220701-083310.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have been using the Mars FCE-4800 a while now, using the 0-10v control feature it has. That signal comes from a controller. If Mars is making a controller, great! If the controller can be accessed via a wi-fi connection to the internet, then all sorts of possibilities arise.

If they are going to make their lights unreliable, and expensive by building wifi control into the driver, I say it is a bad move. Bluetooth between control boxes is a great idea to avoid wires. Bluetooth to control the dimming would be OK, but they would lose commonality and interchangability.

Right now the Mars light is modular, and the part that needs replacing is all that has to be shipped if an issue arises. In case folks have not noticed, shipping is a huge cost and hassle these days. My ROI-e680 is one unit, with unreliable driver components built-in. I have had one bar go bad by it staying on, and the whole light had to be replaced. To avoid that, now they send out a controlled relay box that shuts down the light when the control signal is 0 volts.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
If they are integrating the fan control somehow (AC Infinity), then the fans can be reduced with the lights going off at night by the controller. AC Infinity does not have a timer and two settings.

Vandenberg

420giveaway
These are going to be interesting to work with. :cool: Smart app controlled. Sweet. :)
The new generation FC and FC-E Commercial bar light lines are scheduled to be the first to go Smart later this year from what I understand. This Bluetooth Dimmer Box has been hard to track down so far. Flash Sale supposedly on web site but won't load into cart. I'm on a wishlist so far, I wish I had it. ;)

MARS HYDRO SMART GROW SYSTEM BLUETOOTH WIFI DIMMER BOX​

Retrofit From Manual To Smart Mobile Control: Simply replace your old dimmer box with a new smart one and your running Mars Hydro lights can take on smart control capabilities and be incorporated into a smart grow system!
Smart APP Control ON/OFF And Dimming: Enjoy mobile access to your LED grow lights with WIFI or Bluetooth. Easily turn your grow lights ON/OFF, and adjust their brightness with only a few clicks.
Precise Configuration & Automatic Dimming: Precisely pre-configuring the light intensity down to the month/day/hour/minute to achieve dynamic lighting levels and simulated sunrise and sunset and induce natural photoperiod in plants.
The dimming schedules will run automatically after pre-setting to support complete growth from seed to harvest. Several planting schedules have been pre-set up for reference.
Enable Wireless Control Over Multiple Lights: Simultaneous switching and dimming of multiple grow lights without extra cords. Different lighting groups are also available for independent management when you have separate rooms.

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I was wondering when will the new WiFi/ Bluetooth swappable upgrade Wifi dimmer box and the upcoming integrated FC and FC-E series systems become readily available for sale here in the US?
The bluetooth dimmer box might be in stock about 2 months later. At this stage, we are sending some influencers to test the new dimmer box. We will hear their suggestions and make some adjustment. ;)

Vandenberg

420giveaway
Are these available yet as of February 2023?

I have some very interested friends with various captive bred lizards and with them light cycle manipulation results in various exotic critters for sale in the winter and early spring before their competition are ready to produce theirs with natural light cycles available to them only in the spring and summer.
Perhaps you Mars folks maybe able to target a fresh untapped specialty lighting market over at a place like King snake dottercom which is a large reptile and supply classified ads site.
The simulated sunrise and sunset feature in this LED lighting Gizmo would turn a few heads your way over there, they light up whole rooms too. :)

Vandenberg :)

Reactions: Gry

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Are these available yet as of February 2023?

I have some very interested friends with various captive bred lizards and with them light cycle manipulation results in various exotic critters for sale in the winter and early spring before their competition are ready to produce theirs with natural light cycles available to them only in the spring and summer.
Perhaps you Mars folks maybe able to target a fresh untapped specialty lighting market over at a place like King snake dottercom which is a large reptile and supply classified ads site.
The simulated sunrise and sunset feature in this LED lighting Gizmo would turn a few heads your way over there, they light up whole rooms too. :)

The blue tooth version FCE lights have been available in the USA warehouse. ;)

Vandenberg

420giveaway
I already own the fce-6500 unit.
I am still attempting to upgrade my 2022 unit here in 2023 with the MARS HYDRO SMART GROW SYSTEM BLUETOOTH WIFI DIMMER BOX.

Is this Retrofit dimmer box available to purchase here in the USA as of today to be specific.
Does the U.S. Warehouse stock this WiFi dimmer box?
Or is it not available?

Does artificial intelligence respond to these posts or is it real intelligence?😎

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I already own the fce-6500 unit.
I am still attempting to upgrade my 2022 unit here in 2023 with the MARS HYDRO SMART GROW SYSTEM BLUETOOTH WIFI DIMMER BOX.

Is this Retrofit dimmer box available to purchase here in the USA as of today to be specific.
Does the U.S. Warehouse stock this WiFi dimmer box?
Or is it not available?

Does artificial intelligence respond to these posts or is it real intelligence?😎

haha, honestly, i want to be an artificial intelligence. we didn't stock the dimmer box since it is hard to retrofit the dimmer box.