What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Multi-Strain Perpetual Farming

Solidopc

Fed up with different diaries for coco and soil, so am going to bunch them all in here now my others are virtually over anyway. Will just keep this going non-stop until i'm dead or busted, lol.

First up is the sweet afghani. In coco, day 58, starting to look the part as per usual with this plant. Will be flushed from now until about day 70. Looks like some nice dense buds from the coco. I'm preferring it to soil in every aspect bar time and effort, takes much more effort to feed the coco plants, they drink more often, they drink more, and it needs ph'ing everytime, plus flushing well. But the end product is without a doubt better than soil in my opinion, i actually think it tastes better. But there we go, lol.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next along is the sweet thai, in soil at day 54. Looking nice, will be getting some mollasses and water until about day 65-70 i rekon, so flowering time not too far off the mark.

picture.php

picture.php

Now we have a fav, exo pyschosis, just love the bud and the look and the smell and everything, lol. In soil at day 57, will take her about 70-73 days, and she'll smell so strong people will come up to you in the street and ask you for weed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the white widow x big bud now, at 10 days in to 12/12. Topped and starting to shoot up some nice branches. This girl is in soil.

picture.php

Lastly is the super skunk x northern lights at day 42. In coco, has seemed to slow down a little on the pistill formation and the buds are starting to swell, though it's all happening very slowing. Rekon this is going to go at least 65 days, probably 70. Expecting some burst of denseness towards the end.

picture.php

picture.php

Potted up two wild rose cuttings into 3 litre pots of coco earlier i received from a friend, also getting a cut of a clone only called taffy bud, or lemon shiva this week. Smoked it for years, been grown for 7-8 round here. A shiva afghani x jh cross. Really potent good tasting smoke. Can't wait.

Solidopc

Is anyone having trouble seeing the pictures in my post above? Cheers for the replies. Stay cool, Solid.

Nokturnal

I don't see any pics, try making your album public instead of private.
goodluck with everything, i'll be watching :joint:

Solidopc

There we go, are they visible now? Please let me know so i can sort it out. Need to get this diary going. Cheers all. Peace out.

Solidopc

Thanks mate, you're a gent. I do try and look after my girls. It's taken over a year to get this space as spot on as it is now. Had to buy a few different size fans and filters before i finally found the best sized one for me. Also, been really perfecting my technique over the last year or more. I log every single grow in a book. Every feed for every plant is logged, so i know what EC the feed was, the PH, how much nutrients were added to the water to achieve that EC. The day of veg or flower fed, the ammount of feed given, temp and humidity.

It really does help, as when you clone things and grown them over and over again you get used to what the plant likes. By doing this, it makes it much easier to tell what a plant will want and when, and how much feed is too much or too little. What sort of temps or humidity it performs best in.

My mission is to unlock the full potential of every plant i grow. All enviromental conditions or any kind of stress lessen this potential. I try and keep them as healthy as possible until the end when i don't mind them yellowing up a bit. I'd love to be able to test the thc of my own bud, i am sure it would be at least 18%. It blows non heavy smokers away, and people who don't smoke hardly at all are comotose after smoking mine and my mates homegrown, lol.

Nokturnal

Omg nice operation you got going man. I can see the pics now, they all look really great, I'd love to taste that superskunk x northern lights, I also heard that white widow x big bud is a killer cross, I've seen a few grows that really impressed me, I wanna get my hands on those seeds =D Also what is the exo pyschosis? Could ya tell me a little about it, never heard of it. Keep up the good work =)

Solidopc

Thanks all, really appreciate the commets.

The exodus pyschosis is a clone only strain breed by the same people who breed exodus ukcheese. It's a ukcheese cross, nbobody knows for sure exactly what the cross was with, it's either super skunk or nl#5/haze. I can't decide which one i think it is. It's been around about 15+ years now, the ukcheese cut 20 odd. I also have the exodus pyschoberry, which as it sounds, is the exo pyschosis x old school blueberry. This has also been kept around for 15 years or so.

I will have the exodus ukcheese cut to go with them soon, just waiting on a friend to send some along. Will have all 3 exodus cuts i know of then.

Solidopc

Thanks fellas, Great news, got some cuts in the post today.

Really chuffed. Got 5 of Crazy Composers FFA cut, 4 Jackie psd, 2 exo ukcheese, 2 exo ukcheese x nl and 1 purple kush. Stuck them all into root right away. Will keep you updated. Hope to get at least one of each to root. Am most interested in FFA, Jackie psd and exo ukcheese though if i had to pick.

Solidopc

It's a cross of jackie p i think. Is it better know as the dunk or something? G13 x 98 jh, and this one is crossed to sour diesel aswell. Apprently i'm only the second person to have this one. LLP rates it, and i'm really looking forward to it.

Anyway, got my cut of taffy bud today, bit later than expected, but these things usually are. Was in a 1.5litre pot of soil, and looking a bit yellow to be honest, so i repotted it right away into a 12 litre pot of plagron royalty mix. Want to do it in coco really as it's only an average yielder apprently, but as it came in soil my first will have to be in soil, and cuts later in coco.

Took some shots of some of the buds my mate brought back with him. Wish i could get my super macro to work right, but i don't have a good light as it won't let the flash work on super macro. So it's not really looking as leasing as it does on the eye, and it's the smell, flavour, high and flowering time that are really the big winners in this one anyway, and you can't get that through the screen unfortunatly.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

In other news, my cuts of FFA, jackie psd, exo cheese, cheese x nl and purple kush are looking good as of now. Hope they stay this way.

Flushing the sweet afghnai now. Will start a couple of waterings of final phase next, before plain water. Sweet thai is also maturing faster than expected, and a pyschosis is within a couple of weeks i think, so i'm going to be flush with bud soon again. Been too long since i shut my last perpetual down, and just starting to get back into the swing of things. The first plant is allways the longest and i've passed that, so it's pretty much plain sailing from here on in. (touch wood).

Solidopc

And here's some pictures i just took of the flowering plants just after posting the pics of the taffy shiva above.

First shots, sweet afghani. On the flush, in coco, day 54 today. Looking the part as usual. Love this plant, musky sweet aroma, dense rock hard nugs, killa stone.

picture.php

picture.php

Next up is the super skunk x northern lights cross. Quite fond of this plant for some reason. It smells dank as hell. Getting better everyday. Sweet aroma, more like a nice sweet NL at the mo than major skunk funk as it was before. I'll settle for somewhere inbetween, lol. She's in coco at day 48 today.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Laslty my white widow x big bud at day 16 of 12/12. Topped and starting to bud. Looks nice and liked being topped, allways like a plant that enjoys being topped or fimmed or super croppes, or mangled about in anyway, hehe. This girl's in soil.

picture.php

Solidopc

Thanks guys. I use a 400watt hps for flowering. For my soil plants i use plagron royalty mix, biobizz grow/algamic and biocanna flores.

For coco i use canna coco and canna coco a+b. Plus AN final phase a couple of times during the flush.

As additives, i use on both soil and coco, canadian xpress regen-a-root and headmasta, growtek monster bloom and mollasses.

Been through a few nutes, and these are my favourites and i won't change them unless for a very good reason, they work very well.

Solidopc

Quick update. Chopped and trimmed my sweet afghani this morning. Grabbed some shots before chop. Getting some tip burn and leaf damage from the daily flushing. I hate it when my plants don't look tip-top, but aslong as it tastes good, who cares i guess. Day 70 she's come down, in coco she was grown.

Was gonna grab some shots of my ss/nl, but decided to leave it until chop day and show you all then. It's a beautiful plant. Only plant ive ever grown that actually looks like the picture on the breeders website. Smells fantastic too. Lovely sweet smell on these light green bulbous bubbly calyxes. Really special plant.

Anyway, back to the sweet affie. It's also smelling nice. A slightly sweet musky ghani aroma. Dense thick buds, and good yield.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Solidopc

Been puffing some of this i chopped a couple of days ago from the very lowest branches and dried. Pretty potent stuff. Very relaxing. Not the most amazing aroma and flavour, but i'm not a huge huge musky ghani lover. I've had a pheno from these seeds that smelt and tasted like lemon hash. Really liked that one, this is not quite as killa in the taste/aroma stakes, which is my main focus.

Still, have the ss/nl which smells like gods favourite aftershave. Really amazing smelling plant and looks supreme. Gave it another flush tonight as it was a bit high on the runoff ec last time. Got it down to 0.49 going in and 0.81 runoff. Much better than last night, when i had a much bigger leap. Should only take a couple more flushes to get it below 0.3 EC above entry EC.