What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr.Wags Goes Buckets But What About Bob?

K

kokua

ready gro makes for a good transition media...a beer cup with ready gro can support up to a 12" vegged plant no problem. Then just wash off the excess ready gro before you transplant to the hydroton...and viola :)

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
mrwags said:
Before I go away for my adventure I felt it would be best to reflect upon a man and a dream.

Before I joined IC I was a member of like many here now OG way back in 02. With the new birds in the air and the old kinks in my back I felt it was time to come indoors and try my hand at Hydro. Like all newbies the OG shark tank ate my newbie ass alive so I followed Hog (I do miss Hog) here and found my home. Up until that time I had invested countless hours and many dollars in my quest for homegrown but had only managed some nasty looking so called plants in BOB and then Texas Kid was kind enough to take me under his wing and as they say the rest was history.

"Take care of the envioroment and the rest is easy" he would always say "you got the passion" to bad at that time I had no idea what lay instore.

Now here we are almost to 07 with a bunch of new faces in the same old places and life as they say is all good thanks to IC and it's memeber's I have realized a dream.

You see this dream of mine started years back when I read a Weed story about Soma,the one that told about his days at IBM How one day he said screw it and chased a dream for the buds. The more I read the article the more I wanted to be able to feel what is was like to look upon a garden of frosty buds and maybe someday be good enough to share them with the world,maybe just someday but I had a dream:

And of course Sunnyside my man. The one who has put up with me all this time and is still my friend:) I can only hope we can GROW old together and keep sharing the love.

The Constant Student,

Mr.Wags

great post wags, brings back memories, I too miss hog, he was a friend to us all. a great gardener with a wealth of information, constantly giving. but how the tables have turned, I see alot of the same qualities in you, always out there to answer a question or giving a helping hand. take care wags, you've got one hell of a green thumb, bartender187

"Take care of the envioroment and the rest is easy" -- couldnt agree more... ever wonder why its so much easier to grow outisde?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Years later I read for the first time and damn Wags you the man with them buckets Teresa you inspired a masterpiece...

FromdaBrush0G

Mr Wags, what would your conclusion be over the OBBTs vs hydro? Im not sure if it has

been stated yet whether which one is dominant or easier to manage, im not big on reading

every convo on the areas of the obbts, as there is endless amounts ive seen it seems, i do

however love the idea of them and have started a diary myself if you wanted to check it

out.

bendoslendo

I went through the whole thread looking for nute regime. I saw what components you used at the beginning but I was wondering what levels you use. I'm starting up a similar grow soon. I'd appreciate the help :)

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I went through the whole thread looking for nute regime. I saw what components you used at the beginning but I was wondering what levels you use. I'm starting up a similar grow soon. I'd appreciate the help :)

Well my friend welcome to ICM. This regime imo is easy to use allows for fubars here and there cost a bit more but when done even close to correctly will allow you bud every 6-8 weeks or so.

The labels reading are a bit high imo and if mixed accordingly will sell a lot of nutes for the company but won't help out a whole lot when growing bud.

1/3 1/2 3/4 is usually what I follow in the main flower and bloom nutes. I'm usually a little closer on the additives and 100 % on the Hydroplex.

Hydroguard imo is junk and will cause issues, get a chiller instead and save yourself the pain and suffering.

I do highly recommend Hydrozyme in veg. The roots it helps create will allow you a lot of wiggle room in the long run do to the fact your gonna have one hell of a root structure to work with and we all know it's in the roots lol.

Biotanicare has a recommended chart on it's site and is posted by me somewhere in here. It's damn close in terms of giving you a baseline to work from.

NO GROW ROOM IS THE SAME. That is why I say baseline. Watch them and they will tell you what they want. Don't let anyone sway you away from what you see with your own eyes.

Control the environment get good roots and the rest is easy.

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

S

SexInTheCity

Damn this thread is so old, I remember everyone being totaly amazed when this first surfaced. Glad to be back on IC :)

bendoslendo

Yeah, I was looking at the Bonticare recommended feeding plan. They call for PBP Bloom Soil in the last few weeks of flower. I didn't pick up any of that. It looks like its because it has less N and more PK than PBP Bloom. Maybe I could cut PBP Bloom in half and add Kool Bloom towards the end. I have plenty of that for my DWC systems.

Right now I have PBP Grow, PBP Bloom, Liquid Karma and CalMag plus. That should be enough no?

It looks like Lucas recommends 15ml PBP Bloom 5ml CalMag+ / gallon. I was thinking about doing that plus 5-10ml/gallon of Liquid Karma per gallon.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right now I have PBP Grow, PBP Bloom, Liquid Karma and CalMag plus. That should be enough no?

I also use the Hydroplex for Bloom Boost after about 3 weeks or so and have since been adding Hydrozyme for root development. The Hydrozyme gave me the FASTEST root growth ever but like Babba told me NEVER use it in flower because it will leave a bad taste in the weed.

Hope It Helps
Mr.Wags

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes sir and I can attest to it. My lights are air cooled so I'm able to keep them close hence early flower production. I snipped off a lower flower at 4 weeks and it was damn nasty. I flushed my girls for 3 days changing the water every day and got it all out of her and then went back to regular cycle.

So Yes IT DOES EFFECT TASTE IN FLOWER BIG TIME.

Thanks Babba
Mr.Wags

V

vonforne

Wow this thread is still going! I thought I seen it in the new posts a couple of weeks ago. It was one of the first threads I followed here at IC and the reason I grew out the Grapefruit.

You are a Legend Wags! One of those inspirational threads.

V

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow this thread is still going! I thought I seen it in the new posts a couple of weeks ago. It was one of the first threads I followed here at IC and the reason I grew out the Grapefruit.

You are a Legend Wags! One of those inspirational threads.

V

Legends ass :) maybe if were talking racing on 2 wheels but growing is a craft like golf that a man will never master.

But ty for the kind word's.

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

Latest posts

Latest posts