What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Jay's Outdoor Jackassery

Mr Jay

Veteran
Title explains it all. I'll be dropping photos in here of outdoor grows I have done, and any I will do in the future. I've lived in lots of different environments since the last time I was actively posting here and got to experience and learn a lot.

Redmond 2020:
I lost my job and place of living up on an island in Washington when the pandemic hit, at the same time my dad started asking me to come live with them and help around the property. Can't say no when family calls. Dad's an old deadhead and has always wanted some big plants in his yard. We had nothing but time so I said let's do it, but our budget is $200. I mixed soil using horse manure from the neighbors property along with whatever bagged compost I could get on discount. Amendments were run of the mill organic amendments, again nothing special. For genetics I used whatever seeds i had in my stash along with a bag seed and a dispensary clone.

The two plants in front are Highrise MOB S2, back left is a dispensary wedding cake bag seed, and back right is a dispensary clone of sensi star. The in ground mob is amended with manure, compost, standard of the shelf organic mix, dolomite lime, and topped with worm castings. The rest of the plants are in amended roots organics soil. for size reference, the sensi star is in a 45 gallon.
IMG_0786.jpeg

IMG_0722.jpeg
IMG_0721.jpeg
IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0815.jpeg
IMG_0848.jpeg

I ended up having my best year ever thanks to abundant high plains desert sun, tiny budget be damned. It was my first year with zero pest damage and zero mold. As in none, nada, zip, zilch, no mold at all. Living in the desert sucks, but growing there is amazing. I'll always wonder what i could have done with a 2K budget :smokeit:

I loaded the folks up with as much bud as they wanted, and gave the rest away to friends and patients in need. Bud has no monetary value in Oregon anymore, but it can still change the lives of those who can't afford it and need it. That and we grew way too much for personal use, be weird to sit on it. The MOB alone was several or more lbs, never weighed any of it.

stiff

Veteran
Thanks @Mr Jay , those pics look amazing. I can see how it's boring there without the plants..but I guess it killed your time having the garden going.
Good luck for your future..I hope things have settled for you by now!

Mr Jay

Veteran
IMG_1290.jpeg

Next stop was my front porch in Portland. All of the rentals in the mountains dried up and I was forced to move back to the city for a couple of years. All plants are grown in living super soil and supplemented with alaskan fish emulsion. I'll drop more photos in here as my attention span allows.

Latest posts

Latest posts