What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mpp vs. Safer arizona

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
So the shit is hitting the fan. Bottm line is grow rights. they can twist it all they like. I won't vote for anything less. Home cultivation or nothing.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Well (they) are still negottiating the issues out. Safer az. Found a way to reword and designate home grow into a low level cultvation license. Will cost 500 per, and allows aplace to market extra back to retail establishments. I thinks it allows 6 plants. Hopefully they recognize these 6 as thc bearing and not veg. Plants. We can brew as much beer as we can drink with no license, but be prepared to pay your pound of flesh to grow herb. Check out safer az site. I have o remind myself that in order to negotiate each side has to give and take. But it chaps my ass to have to pay the state to hire some enforcement types to keep track of personal grows.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
still kicken the can

still kicken the can

It seems things have been at a simmer, just under a boil. A new player is emerging, but not much info yet. Now being called 'Responsible Arizona'. They have an attorney working on the polish and hope to have their version in a couple weeks.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Mpp just released their latest draft for 2016 rec bill. they put home grow back in...6 plants per person. 12 per house hold.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Mpp just released their latest draft for 2016 rec bill. they put home grow back in...6 plants per person. 12 per house hold.

Good news. Limited anonymous personal growing is the one thing that anchors legalization like no other, keeps everybody at least quasi-honest.

It forces the control freaks to capitulate.

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
http://saferarizona.com is spearheading the fight for growers rights and has today's draft from MPP. The MPP previous draft *destroyed growers rights*. Anybody growing legally now in AZ would become illegal if the previous draft was passed during the vote.

A couple weeks ago Safer Arizona put out a call for action and many growers and friends pounded MPP with emails, phone calls etc and MPP got the message loud and clear- and added grow rights back to their draft. This caused two dispensaries to start their own initiative Responsible Arizona! The two dispensaries who do NOT support growers rights and want to have the supply chain controlled by only a select few big licensed profiteers are:

GIVING TREE WELNESS CENTER
ADDRESS:21617 N 9th Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85027
FACEBOOK:https://www.facebook.com/TheGivingTreeWellnessCenter?fref=ts
PHONE NUMBER:(623) 242-9080

Monarch Wellness Center
8729 E Manzanita Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(480) 991-3752
https://www.facebook.com/monarchaz?_rdr

BOYCOTT GIVING TREE WELLNESS CENTER and MONARCH WELLNESS CENTER

JAM THEIR FACEBOOK PAGES WITH MESSAGES OF PROTEST

TELL EVERYONE NOT TO SHOP THERE AND SPREAD THE WORD

IDEAS ON HOW TO PRANK THESE DISPENSARIES LEGALLY

If you care please participate, even the current MPP draft sucks, needs backbone, and needs true growers rights with clear wording..
Email State@mpp.org and tell them you support no strings attached growers rights in AZ.

Last edited:

waveguide

Veteran
.....monarch.... wellness center? who goes there? jared loughner?

project monarch is the child molesting department of mkultra and stuff.. who thinks monarch sounds cool outside of the cia, and sycophants/cocksucker types?

ghostmade

Veteran
.....monarch.... wellness center? who goes there? jared loughner?

project monarch is the child molesting department of mkultra and stuff.. who thinks monarch sounds cool outside of the cia, and sycophants/cocksucker types?
Maby k8ngs and queens?lol idk
Oh and butterflies

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I'm glad they have home provisions for growing here in Colorado. The Politian's have set the tax rate on Rec weed way too high. Rec. weed is a cash cow for the politicians.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Responsible Arizona says they will have their final draft on monday april 13, with a meeting on the 14th to do a final hammer out.
Plenty on infighting going on here. It seems to me that Safer Az. has our backs on this. We'll have to see how this plays out.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I'm glad they have home provisions for growing here in Colorado. The Politian's have set the tax rate on Rec weed way too high. Rec. weed is a cash cow for the politicians.

Here in Denver, tax on retail is something like 21%. I figure it's like anything else- when the price is too high in the first place, taxes make it worse. We're still paying pre-legalization prices + taxes when the price really should be a lot lower.

OTOH, it beats the shit out of getting busted, every time.

Saguaro

http://saferarizona.com is spearheading the fight for growers rights and has today's draft from MPP. The MPP previous draft *destroyed growers rights*. Anybody growing legally now in AZ would become illegal if the previous draft was passed during the vote.

A couple weeks ago Safer Arizona put out a call for action and many growers and friends pounded MPP with emails, phone calls etc and MPP got the message loud and clear- and added grow rights back to their draft. This caused two dispensaries to start their own initiative Responsible Arizona! The two dispensaries who do NOT support growers rights and want to have the supply chain controlled by only a select few big licensed profiteers are:

GIVING TREE WELNESS CENTER
ADDRESS:21617 N 9th Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85027
FACEBOOK:https://www.facebook.com/TheGivingTreeWellnessCenter?fref=ts
PHONE NUMBER:(623) 242-9080

Monarch Wellness Center
8729 E Manzanita Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(480) 991-3752
https://www.facebook.com/monarchaz?_rdr

BOYCOTT GIVING TREE WELLNESS CENTER and MONARCH WELLNESS CENTER

JAM THEIR FACEBOOK PAGES WITH MESSAGES OF PROTEST

TELL EVERYONE NOT TO SHOP THERE AND SPREAD THE WORD

IDEAS ON HOW TO PRANK THESE DISPENSARIES LEGALLY

If you care please participate, even the current MPP draft sucks, needs backbone, and needs true growers rights with clear wording..
Email State@mpp.org and tell them you support no strings attached growers rights in AZ.

I was told by one of her employees, that Dr. Gina Berman (The Giving Tree Wellness Center) has clearly and publicly stated that she would not support an initiative that did not include grow rights.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
kissed and made up?

kissed and made up?

I just read the phx. Newspaper. Mpp says they have resolved some issuses with 'responsible az' and now want to carry on with their initiative draft. They included personal grow of 6 plants. If you have any more info please post up

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Phx. New times has a copy of mpp's draft initiative. Personal grow of 6 plants,12 total at each househould. I didn't see a permit fee for home cultivation. I think the last version had us paying for a permit. If you find that in the regs. Let us know.
Peace out.

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Yes all our calls to Monarch and Giving Tree were effective and those two dispensaries capitulated to the growers. I think the bill is still lousy because it's going to still have the 25 mile rule so call about that if you care about growing near a dispensary.nice work!! A few people can make a big difference!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yes all our calls to Monarch and Giving Tree were effective and those two dispensaries capitulated to the growers. I think the bill is still lousy because it's going to still have the 25 mile rule so call about that if you care about growing near a dispensary.nice work!! A few people can make a big difference!

I don't much care for these picky-ass mileage rules. you can live next to a beer/package store and still make your own beer/wine ... what is the difference except to force people to buy from those greedy fucks? if the dispensary owners are NOT greedy, then they should back growing for anyone & plan on selling seeds/ rooted clones for a good % of their business...this is just guaranteeing that there will still be a healthy black market.

paper thorn

Veteran
Wolf, that sounds like CO maybe?

AZ is 12 plants per patient, no growing within 25 miles of a licensed dispensary.
Read the AMMA and you'll find it. btw, it's not a 'rule' but a clause in the law itself.

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
The section that mentions "localities" has the possibility of miles rules, but I'm not sure about that part it may be good to ask Safer Arizona to make sure. The new California law draft prohibits local ordinances.

36-2856. Localities; Control of marijuana and marijuana products

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts