What's new

Moving to Colorado (adventure)

j-fly

Thanks for all the info. I'm driving up to Colorado coming in through moab on the 20th of may. I'm setup with a realtor to look at a few houses in the alma area. I well be staying mostly around the longmont area, have a family member there. I would like to meet with a good MMJ laywer, anybody happy with there's? referrals please. I also well be getting a new Colorado driver's lic. I well have med records in hand and need to meet an MMJ friendly doctors. referrals please. Also nobody mentioned Breck? I'm looking at a pool hall for sale on main in Breck is that gonna work or not, ideas.

summary
MMJ Lawyer??????

MMJ friendly doc????

Breck ????

Would love to meet with a dispensary owner/manager if possible.

If anyone would like to catch a beer, I'm trying to get a handle on the culture and the different places to throw down a new start with my wife and son!

Rob Corry would be one of the only lawyers i would reccomend. Lawyers are actually making the laws a lot worse right now. The lawyers are making up all this bullshit paperwork, and making up rules as they go, only sticking up for the big money dispensaries.

I live in Breck and the economy sucks right now. Buying that pool hall right before summer would be a huge risk. Lots of businesses are going under right now. The dominos pizza in Breck just closed, and it was there for 20 years. The resorts are facing the worst recession since 911, and there are no signs of getting better. If i were you and moving to alma, i would stay underground. I dont even think they have cops in alma, and you wont have to worry about lawyers, patients , and plant counts. The last thing CO needs right now is another dispensary. It be like moving to the beach and opening a surf shop. There are already three dispensaries in Alma, and only 20 people live there. Master growers with good genetics are needed though.

Doctors are easy to find, just pick up a westword or look on craigslist. Dr Ferrara is one of the main doctors in summit county.
If you want to meet a dispensary owner or manger, just go to a dispensary and ask to talk to one. I know a couple myself, and some caregivers. Its a flooded market right now.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Could one drive into Colorado, rent an apartment, get a drivers license, get approved by a mmj doctor, and be legally vaping meds in the same day?
I would go for a state ID first... usually a LOT quicker (and no test, other than their #@*(&$^% paperwork.)

Look up DenverRelief... they found me a clinic that has doctors all week, I think. Got me in and out, same day I called. :dance013:

Stay Safe! :tree:

Chem&M

Breck's nice. I live in the Denver metro area and have always enjoyed it there. I love the low cost of high living in some nice places around Capital Hill and near CU Denver/CCD. Boulder's only about 30 mins from there too, however, I lived there for about 5 years and you couldn't pay me to live there again. Black hole that place is.

Good luck on the move!! Feel free to PM me if you still need help.

BigSwifty

People still get a kick when I say Denver's a small city. Some even get upset. Usually come to find out they're from a small town somewhere, and this is big city to them. Me - I'm used to going out any night of the week and partying until dawn. Doesn't happen in Denver, at least not publicly

So true man! I lived in Chicago for awhile before moving here back in 2003. It was a blast!
Denver really does suck in that regard. Shit, if I'm busy and don't get around to eating dinner until 10-11PM at night and wanna go out, my options are VERY limited. It's hard to find a place that's even open! Yeah, and forget about partying on a M-W anywhere all night!

BigSwifty

I currently live in Arizona. Housing market is screwed, the construction industry is shutdown and our sheriff is a Nazi. Nothing is produced here this state consumes. There is an initiative coming up this November to legalize MMJ. The Governor has said she would not sign off on it. Arizona is so broke they have already voted to tax MMJ. If it does not pass this November I well be headed for the mountains. Where is the best place to move in the state that is equal parts (family friendly and cost effective and MMJ friendly)? Must also have a hospital in reasonable distance for a place to work.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions. The planning has begun!

Don't blame you at all! My job actually tried to transfer me down there awhile back and I quit because I refused to go to AZ!

Latest posts

Latest posts