What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mothers - What You Got thread!

mack 10

Veteran
yeah mate i got her sadly but lost her to broads mites that look about a year to fully get rid off and took nearly 30 strains with them ,never got to try her propper as mites got there first on all attempts before i finally shut down and scrapped everything . be nice to acquire some of my old cuts back but ive struggled to any tbh, hence the seed projects.

just got a pack ace super malawi haze there , going to make few crosses in very near future with a couple of nice males i found the nightmare and chemwreaker.. might find somehting nice in there , malwai is said to have some cherry phenos in there so maybe ..

Broad issue sounded nasty.
Them things are evil.
Did you try the swarski mites?

GUY-FAWKES

Broad issue sounded nasty.
Them things are evil.
Did you try the swarski mites?

They fuckedme over big time mate .
We spoke to few guys who guys have used them but said they only really effective in smaller rooms, we tried every non toxic method but they just bounced back, all i could do was knock them down for a bit, i ended up using some stuff called avid15.. Abamectin. nasty ass shit but with in a couple of weeks i was mite free.

Sadly even a lot of the plants i did manage to keep alive seem to never fully recover from the damage , thankfully i had another set up with the cuts i have flowering in there so i rooted up a few buds and bought some seeds and went from there .
Ive had to deal with all kinds of shit in the grow room over the years but never have i ever encountered anything as hard to diagnose of as destructive.. took me about 8 month to fond out what the issue was then a few month thowing everything butthe kitchen sink at them before finding that avid . as you need a x100 scope to see the ****s

Other than odd spot of PM now and then alls golden.

Last edited:

GUY-FAWKES

It's still available,,

sweet man!!!!!!:yay:

ive got loads of pollen i want to chuck at her mate .

duck tape x chem 91..
chem 91 bx??... use the chemwreaker male i have.. (daywreaker x chem91/tresdawg x chem91bx1)
chem 91 x nightmare
,.........ahhh just think of the stink:yay:

and probs a few other bits
il get you a safe addy sorted ..

scrogrow

The chem 91? It smell like burning/singed rubber after about week 3 flower?

Not being funny but I had the genuine chem91 a while back

GUY-FAWKES

The chem 91? It smell like burning/singed rubber after about week 3 flower?

Not being funny but I had the genuine chem91 a while back

yeah mate , un verified but tick all the boxes , look identical ! fuel rubber with odd hints of pine,

i ran it in pretty much every run i had for a good 6 years , always had room for her.

mack 10

Veteran
Yeah she did the rounds some years back.
Wish I had kept her around.
Personally I loved the D cut, so funky it's pretty unique, or rather it was.
, As that unique funk has found its way into near all new modern hybrids. If it's not Chem,Sour, Cookies or Diesel pretty much like the skunk, no or haze from the 90's...
Wonder what's coming next?
Back to the oldshool or something new?
The Sis can also kick some ass,
Just need to dial it in.

GUY-FAWKES

Yeah she did the rounds some years back.
Wish I had kept her around.
Personally I loved the D cut, so funky it's pretty unique, or rather it was.
, As that unique funk has found its way into near all new modern hybrids. If it's not Chem,Sour, Cookies or Diesel pretty much like the skunk, no or haze from the 90's...
Wonder what's coming next?
Back to the oldshool or something new?
The Sis can also kick some ass,
Just need to dial it in.

chimera have some rks x chem d bx that ive got on my shopping list, could be worth a look.. well priced to.. make some f2 and have a hunt, bound to be some rank skunky chemmy gems in there

ive never ran the d myself but know what you mean about that rank rotten meat/ garlicy skunky chem. not fuelly at all. just offencive lol

Blazeee

Veteran
They fuckedme over big time mate .
We spoke to few guys who guys have used them but said they only really effective in smaller rooms, we tried every non toxic method but they just bounced back, all i could do was knock them down for a bit, i ended up using some stuff called avid15.. Abamectin. nasty ass shit but with in a couple of weeks i was mite free.

Sadly even a lot of the plants i did manage to keep alive seem to never fully recover from the damage , thankfully i had another set up with the cuts i have flowering in there so i rooted up a few buds and bought some seeds and went from there .
Ive had to deal with all kinds of shit in the grow room over the years but never have i ever encountered anything as hard to diagnose of as destructive.. took me about 8 month to fond out what the issue was then a few month thowing everything butthe kitchen sink at them before finding that avid . as you need a x100 scope to see the ****s

Other than odd spot of PM now and then alls golden.

Im still fighting these bugs myself and have been for over a year now, hands down worst thing I have ever experienced growing. Tried the swirskii mites, og biowar, every nasty pesticide i can source and nothing has worked. At times ive been able to knock them back but yet to eliminate them . Thanks for sharing your experiences with them.

GUY-FAWKES

Im still fighting these bugs myself and have been for over a year now, hands down worst thing I have ever experienced growing. Tried the swirskii mites, og biowar, every nasty pesticide i can source and nothing has worked. At times ive been able to knock them back but yet to eliminate them . Thanks for sharing your experiences with them.

it was a awful and frustrating time to say the least mate .. AVID15 will wipe them out but also wipe you if you dont treat it with upmost respect . apply once a week for a month then another couple of time again a month or so after just to make sure lol .. its a mite and ovicide.. itll kick there asses
as said no other garden center pesticide or standard method would hold them back for long as the eggs are fucking bomb proof. with pesticides you only kill what live then a week later the eggs hatch ..

ive never seen signs of one for ages now... touches wood!!!....
good luck mate . hope you get rid soon

edit belt and braces ... 2 weeks avid then 2 weeks forbid... youll never see another mite.. i just used the avid but this is good buy if your struggling with them
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/3337366230...gejVYviaHONNuUiHB7uEcGjB8cYGnfQRoCCWcQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone tried rose clear,, it has a systemic pesticide in there ,, in certain situations where nothing else is possible im wondering if its such a big deal about using hatdcore pesticides and fungicides when we can always go back to tissue culture and scrub any nasties out by using apical meristem

GUY-FAWKES

Anyone tried rose clear,, it has a systemic pesticide in there ,, in certain situations where nothing else is possible im wondering if its such a big deal about using hatdcore pesticides and fungicides when we can always go back to tissue culture and scrub any nasties out by using apical meristem

i used multirose that is same kind of stuff mate but only knocked them back for a while , i dont know why using pesticides correctly is a big deal. its a lot less damaging to plants that broad mites, ive never seen anything ive sprayed on plant damage it long term.
the broad mite damage ran deep and fuck up countless clones.. shame i didnt know anything about tissue culture ect back then.. i just scrapped a decade of colleting in frustration

Blazeee

Veteran
it was a awful and frustrating time to say the least mate .. AVID15 will wipe them out but also wipe you if you dont treat it with upmost respect . apply once a week for a month then another couple of time again a month or so after just to make sure lol .. its a mite and ovicide.. itll kick there asses
as said no other garden center pesticide or standard method would hold them back for long as the eggs are fucking bomb proof. with pesticides you only kill what live then a week later the eggs hatch ..

ive never seen signs of one for ages now... touches wood!!!....
good luck mate . hope you get rid soon

edit belt and braces ... 2 weeks avid then 2 weeks forbid... youll never see another mite.. i just used the avid but this is good buy if your struggling with them
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/3337366230...gejVYviaHONNuUiHB7uEcGjB8cYGnfQRoCCWcQAvD_BwE

Thanks for the advice mate, I tried avid and forbid combo previously, around 2-3 days apart and fried my plants lol, bugs still survived though.

Ive seen improvement using spirotetramat and a sulphur soap which contains micronized sulphur, which has been able to knock them back but i havent been able to wipe them all out yet. They seem resistant to abamectin.

I havent tried rose clear, but was wondering about another product called sulphur rose. Its targeted for treating blackspot and mildew on roses outdoors, but if it contains sulphur it could be usefull for treating pests in veg?

Also I dont think its that big a deal using hardcore pesticides. Im only using them in an attempt to kill the remaining bugs in my place. I dont have to keep and flower the treated plants, I could just keep them until pest free, then bin the treated plants and start again from seed or bring in clean cuts from other sources to flower out. Sounds abit backwards but removes the risk of consuming pesticide or other nasty chems.

GUY-FAWKES

Thanks for the advice mate, I tried avid and forbid combo previously, around 2-3 days apart and fried my plants lol, bugs still survived though.

Ive seen improvement using spirotetramat and a sulphur soap which contains micronized sulphur, which has been able to knock them back but i havent been able to wipe them all out yet. They seem resistant to abamectin.

I havent tried rose clear, but was wondering about another product called sulphur rose. Its targeted for treating blackspot and mildew on roses outdoors, but if it contains sulphur it could be usefull for treating pests in veg?

Also I dont think its that big a deal using hardcore pesticides. Im only using them in an attempt to kill the remaining bugs in my place. I dont have to keep and flower the treated plants, I could just keep them until pest free, then bin the treated plants and start again from seed or bring in clean cuts from other sources to flower out. Sounds abit backwards but removes the risk of consuming pesticide or other nasty chems.

nightmare mate .. another product i was looking at but never need to use was MET52..its popular with many gardeners for such pesticide restistant problems .. a pathogenic fungi..

Met52 EC is a contact bioinsecticide that utilizes a pathogenic fungus for the effective control of root aphids, thrips, whiteflies, vine weevils, aphids, russet mites, two-spotted spider mites, broad mites, blemisia in greenhouse ornamentals, protected vegetables, and outdoor fruits and vegetables.
that mite be a worthy addition

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Morning chaps.

So, after losing my mothers to PM I decided to try and restock the stable.

So far I have

Purple SFV Og Kush
ODv3
Super Lemon Haze
Tangie
Gelato 33
Blue Cheese
Gushers
GG4xUK Pineapple
Cookies Kush
Burmese Kush
McPurple
KC Jones
Chocolate Mint OG
Strawberry Banana
Purple Haze
Red Hot Cookies
Banana Blaze
French Macaron
Masterkush
Strawberry Glue

I do miss a few of my old stable, but onward & upward I guess.

Kraken,

Is that a masterkush from seed?
The old Dutch cut from the 90s
Socal Masterkush maybe??

Cheers :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts