What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mothers - What You Got thread!

Blazeee

Veteran
It would be helpful for people to list the cuts they come on and even who sent it to them

These infected cuts that I got hit with came from people in the UK not abroad.

Im not gonna try grass anyone up or name + shame them in public, but the individual knows who he is.

The cuts I was sent were mainly ones that float around the IG crowd

Infected cuts to show damage first were Z cube and purple punch.

Other cuts i recieved along side them were Cherry G, Legend OG, Chocalato, Alien cookies, Monkey blood and another jaffa cut.

Prior to receiving these clones, i had luckily dodged a bullet 6 months to a year earlier from a mate who was gonna send me trims, he never came through, however later informed me he had been hit with russet mites from a MOAB cut, back in 2018? I know this guy also unknowingly sent cuts to another mutual friend and fucked his shit up too.

But these 2 guys, are 2 separate sources who as far as i know, have never interacted with each other. Little do they know, they are both in the same city, one has actively had russets and the other i believe sent them to me, possibly unknowingly so.

All cuts they came in contact with are the ones circulated around Instagram.

Be warned guys. I believe more people in the UK have them than we may think...

This is a post from back in 2017 on the topic

https://www.gogrowhydroponics.co.uk/blog/the-rise-and-rise-of-the-dreaded-broad-mite-cyclamen-mite/

Heres a quote from the website, i dont know how accurate it is, but makes you wonder how many mans have these bugs and are sending them out...

A test survey was conducted by Go Grow Hydroponics shop over two years ago and thirty microscopes were given out to 30 indoor gardeners with a scope range of 60-100x and they were shown exactly what to look out for and where. The verification testing period lasted over several months. From the thirty microscopes tested from different gardeners across London, the results were that 28 out of 30 had either broad mites or cyclamen mites and in some cases BOTH! So that’s only two lucky gardeners from thirty. In fact Go Grow went a little further and asked the question why these two gardeners had not been contaminated. After further research and with the help of the two lucky gardeners in question, it was established that they had not cross-contaminated (Cross-contamination: the swapping of plant cuttings, seeds etc or visiting an indoor or outdoor garden and returning to your own garden without changing clothes) themselves, their garden or their plants. Whereas all the other gardeners had either cross contaminated themselves, their garden or brought them in with cuttings. Another thing to bear in mind is that our loving pets can also carry these mites into your grow rooms, so DO NOT LET YOUR PETS IN!

Blazeee

Veteran
I think its ironic now with covid 19, lockdown, social distancing not sharing a virus.

And then peeps welcome in a cut from JOE DOE with all sorts of God knows what diseases/pests.

My name might be cloneman but I grow from seed(loads of different varieties) and when I get something special its great. Good example last time Platinum x Platinum kush mints, Jaffa delight and melonade x lemon verzace........and no you can't have cuts haha

Its all willy waving any way

Your post couldnt be more true mate. Too many people get caught up in their ego, I have to grow this or that or whatever.

As you say growing from seed is where it is at. Better yet, making your own seeds and preserving the legacy and sharing the love with friends.

All clones will eventually be lost over time, due to one reason or another... , seeds on the other hand ;) They are like a little time capsule :biggrin:

I cant wait until I am bug free. I will never trade another clone again, I might get my cuts back from a close mate whos clean but thats it, after that im done, its just not worth it. Ive read about these pests in the back ground for years, thinking to myself ... ' thank god i dont live in cali or the US', I thought the worst i would ever have to deal with would be spidermites or thrips and they are a walk in the park lol. Seriously guys, take my advice these microscopic bastards are on our shores and its just a matter of time until they come and visit you too, its just not worth it.

Anyway apologies for rambling on, wish you all the best :tiphat:

Cloneman

Veteran
These infected cuts that I got hit with came from people in the UK not abroad.

Im not gonna try grass anyone up or name + shame them in public, but the individual knows who he is.

The cuts I was sent were mainly ones that float around the IG crowd

Infected cuts to show damage first were Z cube and purple punch.

Other cuts i recieved along side them were Cherry G, Legend OG, Chocalato, Alien cookies, Monkey blood and another jaffa cut.

Prior to receiving these clones, i had luckily dodged a bullet 6 months to a year earlier from a mate who was gonna send me trims, he never came through, however later informed me he had been hit with russet mites from a MOAB cut, back in 2018? I know this guy also unknowingly sent cuts to another mutual friend and fucked his shit up too.

But these 2 guys, are 2 separate sources who as far as i know, have never interacted with each other. Little do they know, they are both in the same city, one has actively had russets and the other i believe sent them to me, possibly unknowingly so.

All cuts they came in contact with are the ones circulated around Instagram.

Be warned guys. I believe more people in the UK have them than we may think...

This is a post from back in 2017 on the topic

https://www.gogrowhydroponics.co.uk/blog/the-rise-and-rise-of-the-dreaded-broad-mite-cyclamen-mite/

Heres a quote from the website, i dont know how accurate it is, but makes you wonder how many mans have these bugs and are sending them out...

They've got a new Contact tracing app for covid, perhaps there should be one for cuts > name and shame....ha
As you say growing from seed is where it is at. Better yet, making your own seeds and preserving the legacy and sharing the love with friends.

All clones will eventually be lost over time, due to one reason or another... , seeds on the other hand ;) They are like a little time capsule :biggrin:

Anyway apologies for rambling on, wish you all the best :tippet:
well said mate, got a fridge full of gems. i want to start making seeds soon, haven't done it for years find 2 or 3 good males thats what you need. Plus f2's.

Oh yeah ramble on

T

The Kraken

The real fact is I never had any bugs till I started trading cuttings...

Thrips
Spidermites
Powdery Mildew

Over the last 3 years I've had them all sent to me. That is the reason I killed off all my plants. Only just fired up the lights again after over a year of a dormant room. Anything incoming will be cloned and treated before it goes anywhere near my growroom now.

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
That’s a real shame to put a man in a difficult situation. If they unwittingly did so it’s forgiven but intensionally is a different matter.It happens in this game.
Never fear nor loose hope!

I’ve been hunting for the chocolato and cherry g cuts for a few months now. Hope someone still has bug free moms.

Cloneman

Veteran
I’ve been hunting for the chocolato and cherry g cuts for a few months now. Hope someone still has bug free moms.

They're the ones Mean Beanz uses aren't they. I grew the Jaffalato v3 (Jaffa Caked Cookies x Cherry G) fem, didn't like it quite as much as the original jaffalato (Jaffa Glue Pie x Gelato). Still got some and still really sticky after a year and a half.
The chocolato he bread and crossed it to his Jaffa bone > Jaffa Delight. I got a pack of these on sale, what a bargain got 7 fems and have kept 3. Lovely smoke tastes like dark chocolate not sweet, strong uplifting. Funnily enough here's my post from before

My name might be cloneman but I grow from seed(loads of different varieties) and when I get something special its great. Good example last time Platinum x Platinum kush mints, Jaffa delight and melonade x lemon verzace.

Oh yeah he (mean beanz) does a Cherry tango (cherry g x LPZ), they should be good (on sale)

Oh yeah again I'm nothing to do with MB ha

zoo

People who send out infected cuts should be named and shamed. Especially in 2020.. broad mites have been around the canna community for the last 6 years no excuse to not check any cuts coming or going

hazyfontazy

Veteran
The real fact is I never had any bugs till I started trading cuttings...

Thrips
Spidermites
Powdery Mildew

Over the last 3 years I've had them all sent to me. That is the reason I killed off all my plants. Only just fired up the lights again after over a year of a dormant room. Anything incoming will be cloned and treated before it goes anywhere near my growroom now.[/QUOTE

I got sent a load of elites many years ago,, came with mites and powdery mildew,, took me years to get rid of the shit,mites were easy but pm was a bastard. , many people asked for clones and I told em straight away that they were infected but most people said its OK they just wanted the strains,, shortly after literally half the country was battling pm

I now grow off seeds but really want a couple of strains and the only way is clones

Are they worth the risk?

jahshaka

This is a harsh reality most people dont have IPM in place. Even worse the wankers send them knowingly. The only cut I ever wanted for my lifetime to keep is the sheffield blues and the original real deal stank Daddy cheese. Exodus, brightside or whatever the hell its called nowadays just want the real deal. Unforgetable from my younger days.

For those two Id literally keep them isolated in a house to themselves with extreme IPM till there mint. For me that's the ones Id risk it for. Don't care for the rest. Call it chasing nostalgia, but that's just me.

Last edited:
T

The Kraken

I got sent a load of elites many years ago,, came with mites and powdery mildew,, took me years to get rid of the shit,mites were easy but pm was a bastard. , many people asked for clones and I told em straight away that they were infected but most people said its OK they just wanted the strains,, shortly after literally half the country was battling pm

I now grow off seeds but really want a couple of strains and the only way is clones

Are they worth the risk?[/QUOTE]

My new plants look good. I now bleach & use fungus fighter on my tent, poles, lights, trays, pots everything.

My IPM consists of dip treating any clone sized plants, then it's 2 weeks in the prop, if I'm rooting snips. If I get a rooted clone, I again dip treat and grow it out. I will take cuts from them & get rid of the original clone. Nothing directly from someone else will ever see my flower room again. Will go via a safe tent and new clones.

GUY-FAWKES

after a bit time off ive started back up and got the following and made a lot of seeds myself as im sick of getting bugs and or being let down with cuts so.. ive these few for what seems for ever
cheisel
yeti og
face off bx og

then a few of my own crosses...

megafruit (chem 91 x (psycoberry/guava/i95)
cheisel x duck tape (skunky junky)
gg4 x (gauva/i95 f3)
wd40x(gauva/i95 f3)
purple stardawg x (gauva/i95 f3)
(chem 91 x (psycoberry x guava/i95) x(chiesel xduck tape)
white widow x (chiesel x duck tape)
powerplant ... heavy durban pheno from early nirvana stock.. 14 weeker.
power plant x (chiesel x duck tape)
las vegas royal kush x duck tape

mycotec seeds ..the night mare, 2 pheno
topdawg.. chemwreaker. 3 phenos
colossal seeds colossal purps .. 2 phenos

got various pollens stashed and few hazes on order.. enough to keep me entertained for now i think.

Last edited:

scrogrow

after a bit time off ive started back up and got the following and made a lot of seeds myself as im sick of getting bugs and or being let down with cuts so.. ive these few for what seems for ever
cheisel
wd40
chem91
yeti og
face off bx og

gg4 x (gauva/i95 f3)
wd40x(gauva/i95 f3)

got various pollens stashed and few hazes on order.. enough to keep me entertained for now i think. along with various pollens stashed for future projects.

Nice work fawks

Bmac1

Veteran
cheers mate , i got bunch of stuff planned over next year to keep me busy, ive turned out a few really nice pieces so far if i dont say so myself lol

I remember speaking with you a few years back about a "raspberry rocket fuel" type of Ghost Train Haze cut. Did anything ever come of that one?

mowood3479

Veteran
cheisel
wd40
chem91
yeti og
face off bx og

gg4 x (gauva/i95 f3)
wd40x(gauva/i95 f3)

got various pollens stashed and few hazes on order.. enough to keep me entertained for now i think.

Fuck me, I want those I-95 /guava crosses..
Drooling.

GUY-FAWKES

I remember speaking with you a few years back about a "raspberry rocket fuel" type of Ghost Train Haze cut. Did anything ever come of that one?

yeah mate i got her sadly but lost her to broads mites that look about a year to fully get rid off and took nearly 30 strains with them ,never got to try her propper as mites got there first on all attempts before i finally shut down and scrapped everything . be nice to acquire some of my old cuts back but ive struggled to any tbh, hence the seed projects.

just got a pack ace super malawi haze there , going to make few crosses in very near future with a couple of nice males i found the nightmare and chemwreaker.. might find somehting nice in there , malwai is said to have some cherry phenos in there so maybe ..

GUY-FAWKES

Fuck me, I want those I-95 /guava crosses..
Drooling.
ive got any amount of the purple stardawg crosses and the mega fruit mate if the rest testers come be decant il send you a few if you like. il probs be making f2s from the best 2 of each for a proper pheno hunt.