What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mother charged with murder after child dies from ingesting delta-8 THC gummies

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry buddy but your friends and you who grow cannabis ethically are the minority in illegal cannabis sales. Most do it for profit and don't care about any health risks like mold or pesticides.
But I agree real cannabis has not caused anyone serious harm.

This poor child died 48 hours after the eating the gummy well after the time it takes for the majority of the THC to be metabolized. And again the child did not have anywhere near enough THC in his system to cause death. Just like a few other supposed deaths from cannabis in the southern states that were later debunked by doctors peer reviews.
Maybe the people that you hang with should change or you just don't know any BM growers lol. . Everyone I know are good people that would never harm a soul. The cannabis we grow is made with blood, sweat, and heart. We don't grow anything that we don't use ourselves. Quality is everything. The legal commercial side of cannabis is about profits, not the plant or the people. There would be no legal commercial if not for the profits they are after. Most BM is not about profits and never was.

Are there bad BM growers sure just like there are bad commercial legal growers.

1st thing she should do is get those autopsy results. I don't see how they could blame the death on delta-8 gummies.. That info could set her free.

In 1973, delta-8-THC and delta-9-THC were administrated to six research participants. Despite the small sample size, researchers concluded that delta-8-THC was about two-thirds as potent as delta-9-THC

Last edited:

Rider420

NZ legalised some synthetics that had been tested. They thought it would be safer to have tested drugs in public consumption than untested.
Adulterated and illicit drug use fell over the period these synthetics were legal - unfortunately political will is fickle, and they were soon made illegal again. This began a race against the wording of the law with new drugs created that were not specifically classified as illegal, but were much more dangerous. A drug would get banned, a new one would be created.
The synthetic deaths in NZ are largely due to the end of legalisation.
Synthetics were originally rivals/replacements to hard drugs like meth, not cannabis.

It was a money grab with the government passing on its responsibility to test new products.
"When brands of synthetic cannabinoids such as Spice and Kronic began to enter New Zealand, the existing legislation—in the form of 1975’s Misuse of Drugs Act—was too clumsy a beast to keep up with the fluid nature of the new market."
"producers that could prove the safety of their product could be granted a license to sell them legally. That testing would have to be to the same standard as regular pharmaceutical products, the cost of which—estimated at about a million dollars per product—would be borne entirely by the applicant. Products would be limited to sale in designated stores and only to over-18s.
In other words cough up a million and you can sell your drug of choice. The joke is no one has ever died from cannabis but some of the drugs NZ allowed did end up causing death. Great choice eh.

BTW here is just one of the pharmaceutical products that passed NZ tests for safety OxyContin. Enough said eh.

Last edited:

Digit

life support

such as ...?
asking because i've heard of interventions orwellian-misnomerised as "life support", when it causes multiple traumas on multiple levels of the being. all the tubes jammed down throat, various puncturings of flesh, pharmaceuticalisations without contridicated interactions awareness, and many another terrifying nocebo.

okay, for a 4 year old, sure... was this a cake sized gummy? what other metabolites and polutants were in it, and how did they determine it was the delta-8-thc? by clinical self harm with occam's razor?

---

smells like same old drug war preposterousness... but still if we want to get to truth, we need to look past both the propaganda, and our many decades conditioned reflex to the propaganda.

"drug war", a war on people, democracy, and science. not a war on drugs. no democracy or science under censorship or propaganda.

---

big pharma's business model's still stock-market more than healthcare. mandated to protect shareholder's wealth extraction (aka "profit"), apparently, more than protect people's health. a patient cured is a customer lost. a patient procuring cannabis for themselves, a customer lost. cant trust that conflict of interest. cant trust the media bought and dependent on that profiteering corparchy preying on our health.

Rider420

Its so easy to spot prohibition propaganda.
Drugs are more powerful now then before.
Cannabis is 1 million times more potent then last week.
Crack cocaine is 1 millions times more potent then powered cocaine.
Fentanyl is 1 million times more potent then heroin that is 1 million times more potent then morphine which is 1 million time more potent then opium.
Crystal meth is 1 million times more potent then speed.
MDMA is 1 million times more potent then LSD or shrooms.
Fuck off narcs its time for freedom from facist fucks and guess what as of Jan 31 2023 almost all drugs in BC Canada are decriminalized " up to 2.5 grams"! PARTY TIME just four and a half years since cannabis was legalized.
BTW here are the facts 10 million people die from alcohol and tobacco each year about half a million people die due to illicit drugs mostly due to a toxic drugs supply caused by prohibition. Do the math!

grayeyes

Have heart guys. This is obviously an idiot district attorney hoping for a plea. Any decent defense attorney is going to push the DA for causation. No one has EVER died of cannabis "Poisoning". So now the prosecutor has to prove it with no legal causation possible. It ain't gonna happen.

Rider420

Have heart guys. This is obviously an idiot district attorney hoping for a plea. Any decent defense attorney is going to push the DA for causation. No one has EVER died of cannabis "Poisoning". So now the prosecutor has to prove it with no legal causation possible. It ain't gonna happen.
While no one has died from cannabis but people have died from synthetic cannabinoids and delta 8 is a synthetic cannabinoid made from CBD extract.

Delta-8-THC began when an oversupply of CBD extracted from hemp caused the price of CBD to plummet. Producers began looking for ways to turn the glut of CBD into something profitable. Using simple chemistry reported in the 1960s, the industry got creative and started experimenting with ways to convert CBD into delta-8-THC.

The conversion of CBD to delta-8-THC involves refluxing CBD in an organic solvent, such as toluene or heptane, with p-toluenesulfonic acid or another acid that serves as a catalyst. The reaction is typically run for 60–90 min. “You basically close the ring on the CBD molecule,” Coffin says.
These are pretty aggressive synthetic conditions that use strong acids,” Hudalla says. “They might be using strong bases to neutralize. They can use metal catalysts. I hear different people doing it different ways.” In a pharmaceutical environment, PhD chemists ensure that products don’t include harmful unconsumed reactants, he says. But nobody is measuring the pH of delta-8 products or testing for strong acids and residual metals that are left behind, he says.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
In an illegal state kids are a huge security risk. Even if you can get them to stay out of your edibles, they still can snitch inadvertantly. Schools are winding them up like little drug spies, sending them home to gather evidence and report back. Best that they know nuthin.
They have been using kids as narcs since that total POS reagan.

Digit

" up to 2.5 grams"
And as i said when there were celebrations going around for malta's legalisation:

If you're being told how much of a thing you can have, you're not free, yet.

And good point raised well regarding the contaminants.

I could get some of my cbd isolate, put it in a bottle of apple cider vinegar, and shake shake shake shake like I'm trying to make butter from milk, and then I'd have some delta-8-thc in there... along with a frightening mix of unknowns. I oft imagine the cannabinoid gold-rush cowboys are not much more carefully exacting and proficient than that.

Rider420

And as i said when there were celebrations going around for malta's legalisation:

If you're being told how much of a thing you can have, you're not free, yet.
If you don't limit your self when it come to opioids, meth, or cocaine then the only thing you will be free from is your life.
LOL there are no absolutes but lots of unrealistic expiations, freedom is relative as in I've got more freedom then I used to have rather then I have less then I used to.
Much rather have 30 grams of cannabis legally then 1 kilo that could get me arrested when in public here in Canada. Same with other drugs buddy.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Sorry buddy but your friends and you who grow cannabis ethically are the minority in illegal cannabis sales. Most do it for profit and don't care about any health risks like mold or pesticides.
But I agree real cannabis has not caused anyone serious harm.

This poor child died 48 hours after the eating the gummy well after the time it takes for the majority of the THC to be metabolized. And again the child did not have anywhere near enough THC in his system to cause death. Just like a few other supposed deaths from cannabis in the southern states that were later debunked by doctors peer reviews.
Yeah, I'm having serious doubts that anybody died from eating one gummy, let alone a Delta-8 gummy. Something ain't right about this story. The MOM says the child ate ONE gummy, but "“Detectives believe the child ingested a large amount of THC gummies."

Here's the original story on CNN's website.

Brother Nature

It was a money grab with the government passing on its responsibility to test new products.
"When brands of synthetic cannabinoids such as Spice and Kronic began to enter New Zealand, the existing legislation—in the form of 1975’s Misuse of Drugs Act—was too clumsy a beast to keep up with the fluid nature of the new market."
"producers that could prove the safety of their product could be granted a license to sell them legally. That testing would have to be to the same standard as regular pharmaceutical products, the cost of which—estimated at about a million dollars per product—would be borne entirely by the applicant. Products would be limited to sale in designated stores and only to over-18s.
In other words cough up a million and you can sell your drug of choice. The joke is no one has ever died from cannabis but some of the drugs NZ allowed did end up causing death. Great choice eh.

"BTW here is just one of the pharmaceutical products that passed NZ tests for safety OxyContin. Enough said eh."
We also now have one of the most lucritive Meth and Coke markets in the world and a signifigant amount of sophisticated criminal elements moving in. Meth is easier to get on the black market here than cannabis.

Most of the legal distributors refused to carry those Spice and synthetic cannabis products because they weren't good sellers for the most part and they were dirty. It was when it was made illegal that the useage picked up, people were able to sell ounces for $700 and it was replacing local tinny shops (gang stores selling $20 bags of weed usually). That's largely died down now though because weed has become more available.

However, we now have legal, locally produced and distributed medical cannabis so are making some positive movements.

Not sure what you mean with the statment I quoted above, Oxy has never been available legally here unless you've had significant surgery or are terminally ill and in hospice care. Even on the black market, it's one of the most rare drugs to find.

RobFromTX

If you don't limit your self when it come to opioids, meth, or cocaine then the only thing you will be free from is your life.
LOL there are no absolutes but lots of unrealistic expiations, freedom is relative as in I've got more freedom then I used to have rather then I have less then I used to.
Much rather have 30 grams of cannabis legally then 1 kilo that could get me arrested when in public here in Canada. Same with other drugs buddy.
What is the worst thing that could happen to you if you get popped with a pound in canada? Seems silly to me if its already legal

Rider420

What is the worst thing that could happen to you if you get popped with a pound in canada? Seems silly to me if its already legal
  • Possession of more than 30 gm dried cannabis (or the equivalent product) can result in a ticket for very small amounts over the legal limit or up to a maximum of 5 years in jail.

What's the worse thing that can happen to someone caught in Texas with a gram of weed? Seems silly to me if its legal in other states. LOL

"Possession. Possession of 2 ounces or less of marijuana is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to 180 days imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $2,000. Possession of between 2 and 4 ounces of marijuana is a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment of up to 1 year and a fine not to exceed $4,000."

Last edited:

RobFromTX

What's the worse thing that can happen to someone caught in Texas with a gram of weed? Seems silly to me if its legal in other states. LOL
I concede to your logic. If things were different here they wouldn't be the same. btw ive had a dime and quarter confiscated without charges. Theyre not all narcs down here chief. Just most of them :smoke:

Rider420

We also now have one of the most lucritive Meth and Coke markets in the world and a signifigant amount of sophisticated criminal elements moving in. Meth is easier to get on the black market here than cannabis.
Wow do you really believe the propaganda that drug use is caused by foreign or criminal elements? Drugs are the last free market and its customer demand that dictates sales.

Rider420

I concede to your logic. If things were different here they wouldn't be the same. btw ive had a dime and quarter confiscated without charges. Theyre not all narcs down here chief. Just most of them :smoke:
Your white otherwise you would have gone to jail or worse.