What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most potent Auto flower?

bibi40

Hi ,

such a difficult question to answer :woohoo:

from some years there' s a lot of " potent " autoflower ,

i don' t know who' s the most ...

:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's subjective and individual. What some think are quite potent, others indicate, meh. Larger autos aren't as strong (potent wise) as medium sized, in my 14 years growing/breeding them. It's all about genetics, growing environment.

N

New_gorilla

Zkittles auto got a verry high thc content same as gsc auto if that's any good to you quite alot are potent autos if grown correct

'Boogieman'

It's subjective and individual. What some think are quite potent, others indicate, meh. Larger autos aren't as strong (potent wise) as medium sized, in my 14 years growing/breeding them. It's all about genetics, growing environment.

Very interesting, do you have any theories on why that would be?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most 'super autos' are crossed with earlier maturing photoperiods and not as potent.

Mountain Wizard

So I just got done with a couple zkittlez autos. Huge plants stretch wise, thought it was going to be spindly but the buds did fill in. Disappointed in the taste. Grew with good nutrients like the others, so not sure why. I'll include a pic.

That being said, I consider AT Panthera a nice size plant ( much potential for being bigger than just medium) and it is ALWAYS frosty and potent. I love when the panther comes to town! I will have a couple shots of them in a few weeks.

Here's the Zkittlez.

Attachments

• WP 20170124 03 30 16 Pro
    WP 20170124 03 30 16 Pro
    71.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20190919_204111754.jpg
    IMG_20190919_204111754.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 91

Dr.King

Veteran
From what I have gathered, Mephisto Genetics seem to have the most consistent and potent levels of THC around. They avg from 15-25% at the moment. People are even doing lab test on them with good results. Yields are 1-4+ oz's with LST. Running Ace along aside a few of them self to see how they compare :biggrin:. A few early smoke reports from the auto Ace's seem like they do. Dubi is putting out Auto Panama next. Hope this helps. Happy growing.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Give Afterthought Autos a try. All of their autos I tried have real potency. Cant say the same for DP, FastDuds, or Sweet seeds, didnt even give me a head change.

I actually just put some Afterthought casey jones x affie photo seeds in water about an hour ago. Excited to see what comes of them.

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Give Afterthought Autos a try. All of their autos I tried have real potency. Cant say the same for DP, FastDuds, or Sweet seeds, didnt even give me a head change.

I actually just put some Afterthought casey jones x affie photo seeds in water about an hour ago. Excited to see what comes of them.

I really wonder about how many strains you have REALLY tested from each brand to make such affirmations .

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi The Skunkist,

I or best friend have grown:

DP:
Think Different
Blackberry Auto
Auto Ultimate
Potent auto mix

FastJoke:

Gsc
Tangie
Lsd
Glue

Sweet seeds:

Dark Devil
Jack47
Poison something
Caramel something..sorry can remember the sweet seeds ones very well. Was a few years ago.

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Lester Beans,

Well, those are quite oldschool nowdays, excepting fastbuds ones .

In each catalog you have pearls to try .
But littlte research is needed to get the best ones .

Each brand has worked in a way and is still working .

Sweet Seeds for example have made a lot of progress on 4th (Killer Kush auto , cream mandarine XL) & 5th generations (Sweet Gelato Auto) even if some 3rd gen were already good . (Cream Mandarine Auto is one of my favorite autoflowering plant : https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=74582) and some of their XL just come from nice inbreeding . Even the low cost Sweet Skunk Auto is very nice and surprising one .

It would be interesting to ask JayPP from Sweet Seeds for some analysis about few sweet seeds strains as he is on ICmag too . But they rarely post out of their own section . ( wisdom and restraint in work may be ? :biggrin: )

Dinafem for example made the choice to create many strains ( not all) with haze their auto (bad choice for diesel & og kush) ... not my taste at all .

Mazar is a must try at Dutch Passion, and recent Glueberry OG is not bad at all .

From my personal experience Gorilla auto and Cream cookie from Fastbuds were gorgeous . And the cross of both is very potent too .
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351548&page=33
So I will try more ... And Six Shooter is well known to be one of their best.

Buddha seeds have great autos. ( and few autoregs too even if 85% of auto growers don't care. )

Shortstuff seedbank, Flashseeds or Delicious seeds have many great ones too .

I don't know Mephisto for now , but they seem to have a great reputation even if not so well distributed .

And like New_gorilla said "quite a lot are potent autos if grown correctly " (still sticking to 2019 strains & catalogs .)

:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Thanks, Lester! Being at it for now 14 years (autos), it's funny how most veer away from the obvious.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
lotz out there. arid has quality and been around a long time. definitely po-tent, the dozen or so i've tried of afterthought. made my own strainz, too from theirs. gives you a guide, helpz answer questionz. all around exceptional breeder. who else takes the time? but yeah, potent is a frame of mind. more to it than that.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lester has proven himself on growing autos, various seedsters. Whatever works for the individual....the common feat is a good tasty harvest!

C

Capra ibex

Sour Stomper from Mephisto is very strong, and completely encrusted with resin.