What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

More bud exposure to air = more terpene degradation?

little-soldier

I think that if you want to go that way you probably would have to spray non cannabis derived terpens o it but.....seems like cheating to me! eheh

do you mean smoking it after only 5 days of dryng at 60s? or dry it in just 5 days? at what rh?
have you tried different genetics?
There is no way you can cheat with that because it tastes nothing like real cannabis. The so called terpenes that they swear by for specific strains like OG Kush tastes so artificial and is so far from reality.
I dry it in 4-5 days. The RH is very low in winter around here so i’d say 30% and below.

YellowCanaryConsulting, I couldn’t disagree more. I don’t believe anything anymore, I know IT because I experienced IT. Mainstream Science is such a joke, The atomic model IS just a theory, but I must be a conspiracy theorist anyways.
Take a bud that’s dried in a room at high humidity, feel it, mull it around. Then take that bud into a room @ low humidity and do the same an hour later.

Let me know if something went from feeling dry to feeling wet/moist or if it stayed the same.

The point of the remark is it that if something feels dry doesn’t mean that it is. And moisture being the hot topic of keeping or killing smell.
Reread your statements, you are clearly contradicting yourself but anyways..

@YellowCanaryConsulting I smoked samples of my last harvest as it finished drying. I have never smoked such amazingly flavored cannabis. Horrible drying conditions had me jarring it up after 2 days and then burping jars for two weeks.

The flavors were constantly changing as the polymerization progressed, and boy was it an experience. Berries and cream, amazing flavors I have no description for, burnt rubber, steak, steak dipped in caramel, pine and more... literally a different experience 3 to 4 times a day.

The difference this time? Bunny shit...
Bunny shit and knf water soluble calcium. ;)
Glad I’m not the only one noticing this.
I just went the bunny rabbit way too. Can’t wait to compare the smoke. And it’s true that the taste changes every day if not every hour.
One thing that rarely gets mentioned is that the ambient temperature can have an effect on how moist the bud “feels”.

The exact same cannabis when felt/squeezed at 10 degrees c will feel differently compared to when sampled at 30c. I’d assume anyone who’s ever put a sealed package of bud in their pant pocket or warn vehicle for awhile has noticed this.:):canabis:
At 30c your weed is cooking but Based on my lifetimes experience, humidity is humidity and everything stays the same regardless of the temperatures.Except freezing point and burning point OBVIOUSLY.

lemonade

Veteran
At 30c your weed is cooking but Based on my lifetimes experience, humidity is humidity and everything stays the same regardless of the temperatures.Except freezing point and burning point OBVIOUSLY.
Im not referring to growing/drying/curing temperatures. I thought that was quite obvious. As human being our body temperature is 37c. So yes, cannabis in your pant pocket will likely reach 30c.

Im simply saying the ambient temperature of our environment will affect how it feels. Just try it if you don't believe me.

Temperature and humidity have a relationship see humidex.

Last edited: