What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

More Big Money plans to invade the Emerald Triangle

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
As much as I respect you for your accurate posts... I must question who is clueless....

:yoinks:

Me?

I mean I'm from the east coast, moved out to cali 4 years ago. I know buyers/growers/sellers in 5 different states in the north east, and players do some serious movements, and in general, the days of 4500 for outdoors is looooong gone.

Now if you know someone that is willing to pay that, over and over again, for outdoor on the east, I suggest you take advantage of it quick because that is just not the norm at ALL.

Considering most real good cali INDOOR up north are going for like 3k in bulk, 22ish for outdoor, if it was true that you could get 4500 for outdoor on the east coast every one and their mother would be making the trip across. It just isn't like that anymore.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Fly to Boston.

Try NYC.

Are you serious?

I'm from one of those two cities and have multiple connects in both that do considerable business there.

Hit up anyone else on this forum and ask if they could get 4500 for outdoors.

Again, does it happen? Sure, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was dumb enough to pay that much. But the market in both those stated cities do not pay even close to 4500 for outdoor bud.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Then there are a lot of people making a lot more money than you think.

Oh it happens.... I suppose there's a lot of dumb people.

pixie

The only people making a killing are those selling small amounts, on the street or dispensaries. I heard recently of a club buying at $650/pound. Yet they are going to sell it at $40/eighth. There gets to be a point where the clubs cut their own throats as it's cheaper on the street for quality bud. I think we're going to see a rise in "black market" mj as patients just can't afford these club prices.
Now I know most clubs & patients are paying more, but with a bumper crop year even high quality is going for around 2k. It's a buyer's market & will be for a long time.

supermanlives

Veteran
4000 all day 5 years ago when i lived back east. dont know about now tho. and i lived in the burbs so prices are higher. from what i have heard from old friends prices are about the same now

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i love it when pricing talk creeps up....an old college buddy tells me cali outdoors for 35-4 back east...for indoors 45. prices have fallen all around the place because the cali outdoor flood is extending everywhere....once it dries up around april prices might creep back up a little during the summer.....but im sure people have shit in storage just waiting...

BigNev

dumb question, but since i read all the post . What's the difference between indoor and outdoor? Really good dro is 4k here.

Hello,

Very informative post. I am not sure where the cannabis industry is headed, but I believe in the next decade there will be huge changes, I hope they are for the better. However, usually when there is money to be made, the little guys get stomped out, and I don't think cannabis will be any different. I hope one day in the future we can all grow without looking over our shoulders, and we can all just enjoy our hobby.

Take care,

The Captain

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
in boston i could get 4000 for outdoor easilly. just tired of crosscountry driving

Is it sad that I actually (somewhat) enjoy driving 2000 miles.

I would never go to a resort like this... I embarrass myself royally when I play golf stoned. I ran out of balls the first time I tried. :faint:

wemary

Protest, Protest, Protest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not let them win seriously. Do not sit by and let things take place, do something about it if you dont like it.

REZDOG

Veteran
From Humboldt Living:

In order to compete in the post-legalization world of corporate entities and government taxation many have suggested (including Humboldt Living) an official Humboldt marijuana brand name. The following is the basics for creating a 1000 growers cooperative based in Humboldt County.

The high-grade marijuana will be produced in the outdoor terroir of Humboldt County under strict organic guidelines and will be called Humboldt Gold. It will be 2% of the overall statewide demand and target the high-end niche market (essentially the same price that is currently paid). Humboldt Gold will be sold in recycleable glass jars in 1/4 ounce, 1/2 ounce and full ounce containers. The price per pound for dispenaries will be $3300. This accounts for the $800 legalization tax, $500 of charitable donations and $400 in official Humboldt Gold Cooperative testing, certification, packaging, marketing and sales. It also includes a $200 per pound minimum wage for all trimmers. This leaves the landowner / grower with a net profit of $1500 per pound with a strict maximum of 42 pounds per year. Each grower can therefore net $63,000 per year.

All marijuana produced under the Humboldt Gold seal of approval will require the following:

* Marijuana must be produced within the Humboldt County borders.

* At least a 20% THC content verified by the HG testing labs on a per pound basis.

http://www.humboldtliving.com/articles.php?article_id=87

The above,in red,completely EXCLUDES outdoor-grown herb.
"20% THC"?
From Humboldt outdoor?
Hell,from ANY outdoor?
Whoever wrote that was smoking FMCD bubble in a bag pulled WAY too tightly over their heads.
Holy crap.

That said,the only way to fight "big business" that's "throwing cars around" is to go out there and "buy a few cars",yourself. ;)

~RD~

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
"20% THC"?
From Humboldt outdoor?
Hell,from ANY outdoor?
Whoever wrote that was smoking FMCD bubble in a bag pulled WAY too tightly over their heads.
Holy crap.

That said,the only way to fight "big business" that's "throwing cars around" is to go out there and "buy a few cars",yourself. ;)

~RD~

what the hell is wrong with everyone in this thread thinking outdoor sucks. yeah in general it is much leafier, not as cared for or as pretty. But seriously, and not being on some organic eco-friendly hippie shit, but some of the best buds ive been able to enjoy were done outdoors. And a well cared for (as they should be coming from a LEGAL state, like looked after every day) and well trimmed outdoor bud can be just as "pretty" as any basement/closet shit.

:plant grow::smokeit:

peace and love!:wave:

RJ99

From Humboldt Living:

The price per pound for dispenaries will be $3300. This accounts for the $800 legalization tax, $500 of charitable donations and $400 in official Humboldt Gold Cooperative testing, certification, packaging, marketing and sales. It also includes a $200 per pound minimum wage for all trimmers. This leaves the landowner / grower with a net profit of $1500 per pound with a strict maximum of 42 pounds per year. Each grower can therefore net $63,000 per year.

That article from Humbolt Living is wrong. The profit margins aren't even estimated. I'm a stoner and also a tax accountant. I'm one of those guys that wears a tailored suit to work everyday, lol. Under this proposal, each grower is left with a maximum $63,000 gross income, not net. And the gross doesn't mean anything. After accounting for the costs this article is ignoring I doubt the collective member can live off of what's left, as I hear the cost of living is especially high in California. Assuming prices remain constant in a legalized environment (lol @ high stable prices for a commodity in a supply glut environment) income statement should look more like this:

$1500 per pound (what the cultivator will realize)
less:
Cost of goods sold (can be a lot of money because it includes all growing supplies, (organic) fertilizers, depreciation on the greenhouses or other equipment, labor and all expenses related to manufacturing the product).
less:
Income taxes and self employment taxes (I'm NOT double counting the marijuana sin tax of $800/lb because it's already accounted for)
less:
Various expenses I'm not thinking of off the top of my head.

Why would the writer want to limit each growers production? Without any way to control the aggregate supply the collective would be suicidal to impose a limit on their members. These 20% thc strains will be traded as any other commodity. They'll be grown in open fields and produced for less than $10 per pound by the ton. None of this really matters though, because it's just the pipe dream of some soon to be bankrupt growers. These Humboldt growers need to face reality. Prohibition is the only reason there is a high price for this commodity and they will never compete with real farmers in a legal environment. If legalization, regulation, and taxation of the marijuana business occurs they will have to apply their talents to a different career.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
"20% THC"?
From Humboldt outdoor?
Hell,from ANY outdoor?
Holy crap.

~RD~

haha rez you gotta see what them humbolt growers are doing with YOUR strains. i just got some OG x Chem that was grown outdoors in south humbolt by a well known grower here...absolute DANK that leaves me close to paranoid high after a few hits. its frosty as hell and i do not doubt its THC content is up there...its not the 25 percent ultra glassy indoor hydro we see sometimes, but its damn close. has nice developed golden trichs and very sticky..il try to post pics later but some have already been posted on the site....and the SSSDH was frosty as hell too.

guineapig

Veteran
The best idea is the recyclable glass jars....

And make sure to stay away from those glass jars with the synthetic rubber on the inside of the lids.....seriously, those rubber-lid jars should be taken off the market because they cause nothing but problems.....

I didn't mean to hijack this thread....:abduct:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying: