What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MONSTER abuse of forfeiture laws in FL!

G

WOMAN TRADES CAR TO DEPUTIES

Pinellas Deputies Signed the Agreement Promising No Charges. A Sheriff's Spokeswoman Says It Was a Misunderstanding.

ST. PETERSBURG - Days after two Pinellas sheriff's deputies found a pound of marijuana in her car, a 31-year-old woman says they offered her an unusual way to stay out of jail.

Give them the car...

Get the full story @ http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v04/n332/a07.html

Un-friggin'-believable...:rolleyes:

zunny

It happens everywhere. I have a buddy who was driving a 03 Mustang. Got stopped for DUI and possession of just under an oz of grass and an 8 ball of powder. After a couple of weeks, the authorities (read D.A.) offered a deal. He pleads guilty to the possession charges, loses the car, 200 hours community service, the DUI is dropped and he pays court costs.

Because he needed his license for his job, he went with it.

Moral of the Story?

If you are gonna ride around drunk with drugs on ya - you should do it in a nice car/truck. Otherwise you gonna do some time.

Pure and utter Bullshit.

zunny

I dont know about their pensions... However, if the state can get enough free cars that meet their requirements, I'm sure the extra money goes towards paying them overtime to harrass the grass.

Don't get me wrong. We need the Police big time. I just get soo damned pissed off at their attitude when it comes to busting non-violent cannabis users.... I actually get sick to my stomache and wanna puke.

Guerillastyle

Agreed bro, A percentage of tickets goes toward thier pention I know for sure, some aristicratic big shot will most likely reap the benefits of all the 'legal' stolen money.....It has become cumbersome.......

Latest posts

Latest posts