What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mold Resistant 58N

T

The_Core

I am located at 58N in Europe.

Cant put plants in ground until June 1st and have to harvest around September 15, +1 or -1 week depending on the weather that year.

Looking for a potent variety that has decent mold resistance, due to the rain that starts in september.

Who has experience will potent autoflowers that have medium to high mold resistance?

What are your suggestions?

Not interested in stealthy or concealment just the potency and mold resistance. Thanks!

juuri

Hey Core!
I'm in the same boat with you, I'd love to see some input for the potent AF strains to grow in northern climate (60N myself)...
I'm especially interested in potent indica AF...
Juuri

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Although Hybrid from Hell strains are not autoflowers, they mature quickly! Love em! Very resistant to what you describe.

Have crossed 2 of their strains with my autoflower hybrids.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do not live in a mold latitude,(arid, relatively low humidity) I think most autoflower strains respond against mold.

Certainly you can have control of it by planting in large containers....and put rollers on them, if you have to, in order to protect from heavy or dreary non-stop rains...by moving into area away from drenches.. And....as much of a pain it can be sometimes....a hairdryer is an invaluable tool!! ;o)

Last edited:

juuri

Although Hybrid from Hell strains are not autoflowers, they mature quickly! Love em! Very resistant to what you describe.

Have crossed 2 of their strains with my autoflower hybrids.

I'm thinking of crossing something from HFH with a potent AF with good mold resistans...
I have heard only good thing about HFH.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Yes, HFH-outdoorstrains is the answer, maybe combined with a few female autos....
I´m 56 NL., see my grows (see my signatures) from end to start, and see what finished for smoking those many years

Best luck you outdoorbrothers

P

T

The_Core

2014 Guerilla Grow. I have all the seeds. Just waiting to get them started. Its going to be a good year.

1. Diesel Ryder
2. leb27 x leda
3. Royal Dane
4. Guerilla Gold #1
5. Royal Nepal
6. Typhoon 2011
7. HFH Monk
8. HFH Wild Super07
9. HFH SE12
10. HFH Wild 3

juuri

2014 Guerilla Grow. I have all the seeds. Just waiting to get them started. Its going to be a good year.

1. Diesel Ryder
2. leb27 x leda
3. Royal Dane
4. Guerilla Gold #1
5. Royal Nepal
6. Typhoon 2011
7. HFH Monk
8. HFH Wild Super07
9. HFH SE12
10. HFH Wild 3

Oh, nice...
Where did you managed to get GG#1 ?
How much time did it take to get your seeds from HFH ?

Best of luck man! I'll follow your grow thread for sure!

T

The_Core

GG #1 I got from a private source. PM me.

HFH is top notch. Got my seeds within a couple days. Sent freebie strains and packaged nicely. I was very impressed. I cant wait to grow the HFH gear this year.

juuri

I'll PM you soon.. ;) (need 1 more post after this post to PM :p )
Good to know that HFH is top notch...

vostok

Veteran
58n ...? Time to consider breeding and making your own seeds, they should naturally become mold resistant to your location ..?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's kind of a misnomer..."mold resistant" strains. Much depends on the breeder techniques.

On the one hand, a susceptibility to certain pests occurs in all species of plants, on the other hand, the natural resistance of a plant can be supported or also weakened by the breeding or cultivation method. The defense system of a plant can, for example, be weakened through consecutive breeding if the breeder is not working intensely towards preserving this trait. Unfortunately, in the cannabis seed industry the vitality and pest resistance of a strain rarely belongs to the major objectives of the breeder, so many modern varieties and hybrids show increased susceptibility to pests like Botrytis.

Only when selective breeding of certain characteristics begins, or when Cannabis sativa/indica is introduced to foreign climate zones/conditions, the greatest problems with pest infestation and weakening of a plant's defenses occur. All three characteristics that many find desirable in modern cannabis strains contribute to this problem. Increased resin production, high yielding buds, and inbreeding required for true breeding homogenous strains, are major contributing factors which enhance the susceptibility of bud mold.

Information source (besides my own experience/theory) from Mandela Seeds.:tiphat: