What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mold on dried flower

axle2u

hello guys,

can anyone identify this white mold I have in my glass jars
and tell me more about it....??

yes I know by now my flower wasn't quite dry enough going into glass jars for a cure period, (this is my 1st grow and crop off)
my intention was to dry, then cure...30 day cure in glass jars
about week 2 into cure, I noticed this mold appearing, and as an emergency measure immediately dried the buds further,
aired them out for a couple hours, then started to systematically remove by cutting mold off buds, trying to save some of it

the mold wasn't in every jar, but more the half of the jars were effected, currently trying to save what I can, and make extract from the rest....
hopefully killing and removing it...but I don't really know what to make of it all, I need your experience and wisdom on the subject.....

a big thanks mates

-axle

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Cut the mold parts off and throw it away. Mold is nasty to your bronchial system.

Do not make extract. You will just concentrate the mold too.

There is a thread on here somewhere that says you can put the concentrate in a syringe with a special filter tip, but good luck with that.

This can be dangerous.

G

Gauss

Definitely a mould, not sure what type as there are a few different kinds. White moulds are mostly benign but like CannaRed said it's bad mojo and you want to remove all of it promptly without making concentrates with any effected portions of the flower. You could probably get away with picking it all out is what I mean, but personally I would err on the side of caution and throw out the entire infected buds. Also, don't share any of it with people in poor health as a precaution, otherwise you'll be fine.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
There you go good buddy :( It sucks buffalo balls but, it is what it is. The solution is to revisit what you did wrong and not repeat it in the future. :tiphat:

axle2u

Definitely a mould, not sure what type as there are a few different kinds. White moulds are mostly benign but like CannaRed said it's bad mojo and you want to remove all of it promptly without making concentrates with any effected portions of the flower. You could probably get away with picking it all out is what I mean, but personally I would err on the side of caution and throw out the entire infected buds. Also, don't share any of it with people in poor health as a precaution, otherwise you'll be fine.

very good advise, thanks

axle

axle2u

ok ...my woman says, make a topical extract,
that should be fine eh...? or not

just don't smoke it, persay ??

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I would assume some aflotoxins could be absorbed by the skin?

Not sure.

I I know... it sucks to have to throw away the stuff you worked so hard for.

Would you rub moldy lotion on your skin?

Would you eat moldy bread?

Would you smoke moldy cigarettes?

Would you take a moldy vitamin?

Do what you would do with those items,. Throw it away

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep thats what happens when you seal it up too soon. Its too bad but its gotta go in the garbage. Lesson learned! Dry for 5-7 days at a rh of 50-62% and youre good. Keep temps below 75. Jar or bag it up. Open the bag for the first few days for an hour. Good to go.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
??? Sorry! Info like that is probably what got him in his mess in the 1st place. The slower you dry your buds, the better it is. From what I have gathered a week to 10 days and even more (at times) are required. The snap test is probably the best indicator or an RH meter (for wood) The prongs will reach the inside of the bud and let you know what the center looks like. I am not telling folks to go out and buy one. I am a wood worker and just happen to own one. Never had a need to use one yet, but, base on this discussion I will be harvesting soon, and I will give it a whirl and report back :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
??? Sorry! Info like that is probably what got him in his mess in the 1st place. The slower you dry your buds, the better it is. From what I have gathered a week to 10 days and even more (at times) are required. The snap test is probably the best indicator or an RH meter (for wood) The prongs will reach the inside of the bud and let you know what the center looks like. I am not telling folks to go out and buy one. I am a wood worker and just happen to own one. Never had a need to use one yet, but, base on this discussion I will be harvesting soon, and I will give it a whirl and report back :)

I have one somewhere. Or at least I did have one. But this one was for hardwood floors, and the probes are very short. It may work for tiny buds but I couldn't use this one for regular sized flowers or bigger because it would reach the middle.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I have one somewhere. Or at least I did have one. But this one was for hardwood floors, and the probes are very short. It may work for tiny buds but I couldn't use this one for regular sized flowers or bigger because it would reach the middle.
My probes are 3/4" long

axle2u

American dad,...roger the alien, and his probe finger
ahaha.....come on, you have to see some humor in that one...

anyone know roger...?
lol

axle

Latest posts

Latest posts