What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Migrow 8 Arrived Well Packed

amanda88

ARAY4main-50_x668@2x.jpg

Above 1x Migrow 4(250w) x 2 = Migrow 8 good for 4x4ft Grow Room, not a girls light by any stretch of the imagination, and had to resort to wading thru pages on their sight on 'how to hang', once assembled its very light to hang and now mines on counterweights for ease of access.
its one reason why I bought this light over the others was the fact there were pages of specs on the their site along with many happy reviews on YT.
Good to see this Irish guy listens to the fans, and takes the recs seriously...thank you Sean
many recent improvements and updates may well leave me behind the tech wall but thats ok, its taken me years to get this far ..lol
As for repacking no way its been packed by a robot
latest is their Array 2 for 2x2ft spaces. cheers
Specifications
Flowering Coverage Photoperiod Up to 120cm x 60cm (4ft x 2ft)
Flowering Coverage Autoflower Up to 150cm x 75cm (5ft x 2.5ft)
Vegging Coverage Up to 180cm x 90cm (6ft x 3ft)
Minimum Hanging Height +RED 25cm (10″)
Full-Spectrum Samsung White 3000K and 5000K CT LM281B and 660nm Reds
Driver Dimming 20 to 100% PWM
Dimmer Adjustment: Seedlings (up to 3 weeks old): 40%
Early Vegetative phase (3 to 5 weeks old): Increase from 80% to 100%
Late Veg and Flower: 100%
Number of LED Bars 4
Light Dimensions 46cm x 98cm (18″ x 39″)
Power Consumed 250 (+RED) watts
Voltage / Current 110V / 2.2 Amp; 220V / 1.2 Amp
Total PPF 675 µmols/sec
Efficiency PPF/Watt 2.7 µmols/joule
LED Protection Acrylic conformal coating (waterproof)
Lifetime 50,000 hours (8.5 years @ 16hour/day)
Warranty 3 years
Protection class IP66
Certification CE, RoHS2, UKCA EMC, EN 55015
Hanging Weight 2.6Kg (5.7lbs)
Hanging System Cable hung on cable grip and ratchet hanger

https://www.youtube.com/@MIGROLIGHT https://migrolight.com/products/migro-aray-4-140w-265w

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You have a good light with this one. Migrolight seems to know lights and from what I have seen that light is kick ass. When you get it running if you have time, please post a photo or two so we can see how well it works. A few others are in the market for lights and this may be helpful. Thanks for sharing.

HalfArsedFarmer

My first led was from migro👍
It was the COB single lens.. worked really well. Sold it to a buddy and got a Lumatek.
Actually buying one of these this week to bring the watts up to 550...

They has a savage YouTube channel for anyone interested in honest reviews of light on the market.

amanda88

About the same time I got the LED, I bought a light meter, in Lumen
yeah I know, but Im not spending $999.00 on a par meter when simple math will convert Lu to PAR

Made in China this meter is pure junk, even Amazon won't stock it, Oh they now do,
my intent was to adjust the screws inside to align with the PAR results from Migrow as a cheapo PAR reader,
I opened it up to see all solid state, just one chip that will need an Eprom reader to fix ..what a bummer!

since the installation I've been using a height of the top most leaf of 6 inches/ 150mm,
but again thanks to YT guys, the best efficacy and PAR use is at 10 inches, so adapted and will monitor

Q: did you tube influence your decision to buy the light

A; You betcha, not all the decisions were positive by any means, but it was how the Irish guy reacted to the negative reviews, that I liked

bye12

I got an Array 4 and it is working great so far, and had great experience with the customer support.
I don't have so much height in my tent so I modified the hanging system by connecting the lights with an Aluminium bar on each side and then I just hang the light with a rope ratchet connected in each corner. Saves me about 15cm in height.

Ca++

About the same time I got the LED, I bought a light meter, in Lumen
yeah I know, but Im not spending $999.00 on a par meter when simple math will convert Lu to PAR

Made in China this meter is pure junk, even Amazon won't stock it, Oh they now do,
my intent was to adjust the screws inside to align with the PAR results from Migrow as a cheapo PAR reader,
I opened it up to see all solid state, just one chip that will need an Eprom reader to fix ..what a bummer!

since the installation I've been using a height of the top most leaf of 6 inches/ 150mm,
but again thanks to YT guys, the best efficacy and PAR use is at 10 inches, so adapted and will monitor

Q: did you tube influence your decision to buy the light

A; You betcha, not all the decisions were positive by any means, but it was how the Irish guy reacted to the negative reviews, that I liked
I have a few meters, but that is my meter of choice. You just times the reading by three, and move decimal point to where is seems reasonable.
If it says 20000000000000000 then times three, it's 600000000....... Or 600ppf
If it says 25............... then you have 750

As lumens are a bigger number than ppfd, you need to mod the meter between the sensor and brains. Just a couple of pull down resistors I'm guessing. Like a voltage divider circuit.

It's nice to see people backing Shane. He does honest reviews, that have no commercial interest. If something is better than his, in any way, he says so. I have never seen anyone else do that in any field. People like HLG have said no to comparisons, which shows he was honourable enough to ask. Shit, if I were to have a bromance, I would want it to be with Shane.

The array 8 puts 650ppfd in the corners of a 1.2 and 950ppfd in the middle. I'm surprised to someone call it a grow light, not suited to bloom. It's putting down enough light to make the opp co2 limited.

amanda88

My first led was from migro👍
It was the COB single lens.. worked really well. Sold it to a buddy and got a Lumatek.
Actually buying one of these this week to bring the watts up to 550...

They has a savage YouTube channel for anyone interested in honest reviews of light on the market.
post you review here, or a link once yours is up and running''

cheers

amanda88

you know everything I have including the BF, I try to improve but this light has me
maybe just maybe I can add some support to those horizontal hangers?
like Bye12 you got a photo?

cheers
I got an Array 4 and it is working great so far, and had great experience with the customer support.
I don't have so much height in my tent so I modified the hanging system by connecting the lights with an Aluminium bar on each side and then I just hang the light with a rope ratchet connected in each corner. Saves me about 15cm in height.

bye12

you know everything I have including the BF, I try to improve but this light has me
maybe just maybe I can add some support to those horizontal hangers?
like Bye12 you got a photo?

cheers
I do have some photos.
I just bought a piece of metal from the hardware store and drilled some holes that corresponds top the ones on the light bars. then attached the metal bars on the side of the light bars with the screws that holds the cover plates on the sides.

I also have a small water leveller to make sure the light is as horizontal as possible.

IMG_20230502_193529935_HDR.jpg IMG_20230502_193537829_HDR.jpg IMG_20230502_193549996_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

amanda88

...and you have removed the central supports? I have only one light in need of this support, and I still wonder why, which I'll check out as the other 2 in the main room need not, but are on old school counter weights
1.5Kg per end, I have a small builders lever I got for mountings my tv on a wall years back that proves very useful too
I hope Shane(Migrow) is a member of this site if he ain't he should be:

Latest posts

Latest posts