What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

might be some good college hoops today !

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Shaq was a force, horrible free throws.
lol, yeah. he was fun as hell to watch play. the free throws were heart-rending to watch. kind of like watching Charles Barkley swing a golf club. you just want to say "dude, stop, just quit ! quick, before you get even worse..."

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I feel let down almost every year with Kentucky. I still like them but the talent does not merge together to become a great team. They are due for a new coach.
they get many of the best players in the nation, but they don't stay long enough for them to learn to play as a team. "one and done" :dunno: if their recruits stayed all four years, they'd win a national title every couple of years or so.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well, i blew it last night. :confused: Iowa started slow against UConn and i changed the channel instead of gutting it out till the end. now we get to see the best team (South Carolina, undefeated) play the team with the best player (Iowa, Caitlin Clark) for the title...

CharlesU Farley

they get many of the best players in the nation, but they don't stay long enough for them to learn to play as a team. "one and done" :dunno: if their recruits stayed all four years, they'd win a national title every couple of years or so.
That's what I used to respect about Duke and Coach K. Even though their players usually don't do worth a damn in the NBA, almost all of 'em graduated and played 4 years of college basketball... at least they used too.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That's what I used to respect about Duke and Coach K. Even though their players usually don't do worth a damn in the NBA, almost all of 'em graduated and played 4 years of college basketball... at least they used too.
:bow: yeah, "one and done" sucks. "amateur" athletes are pretty much extinct these days. folks slipping them envelopes chock full of "appreciation" these days. it has ALWAYS gone on, now it is "how things are done" and out of control. the schools/NCAA ripping the kids off wasn't working either though...:shucks::ying:

Legalcdn

Best women's team won. Surprised the "woke" generation has not beat the drums to change "Gamecocks".

Legalcdn

Game was good for the 1st half, then Uconn changed gears.

They let zach get his 2pt conversions but took away 3 pointers.

CharlesU Farley

Well, for this SouthEast US ol' geezer, it was a bad ending, to a bad playoff series, to a bad basketball season.

Can't believe UConn has more NCAA championship wins than Duke! :cautious:

At least the Tar Heels are still ahead of 'em, and of course, Kentucky obviously is. o_O

There's always next year!

Latest posts

Latest posts