What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro-oxygenation?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Does anyone have experience or information about micro-oxygenation?

Yes that has been around for a while and is super for delivering extra oxygen to the roots. DWC has known this from the beginning. Thanks for the post friend very helpful and interesting too.

graser

Dinafem's blog has many science-based posts and whether the site will continue to exist in 2024 is questionable.
Therefore, I archive the most important posts for me and came across the one about micro-oxygenation.
There the claims are made, "35% more biomass is produced.
Flower production increases by 25%."
With such increased production rates, why haven't I heard of this before and why isn't it a standard in commercial cannabis production yet?
In my further research in the field of viticulture, I came across a possible DIY solution. The oxygen is actually supposed to diffuse through PVC tubes. It should be possible to conduct a series of tests without expensive equipment.
Has anyone ever tried this?

goingrey

Dinafem's blog has many science-based posts and whether the site will continue to exist in 2024 is questionable.
Therefore, I archive the most important posts for me and came across the one about micro-oxygenation.
There the claims are made, "35% more biomass is produced.
Flower production increases by 25%."
With such increased production rates, why haven't I heard of this before and why isn't it a standard in commercial cannabis production yet?
In my further research in the field of viticulture, I came across a possible DIY solution. The oxygen is actually supposed to diffuse through PVC tubes. It should be possible to conduct a series of tests without expensive equipment.
Has anyone ever tried this?
That's quite interesting but what are they comparing it to with the 25% and 35% though? Soggy soil or high pressure aero? Quite a wide range of available oxygen with the established methods I imagine.

Ca++

Nano-bubble generators can be found, and some grow opp's have trialed them, and bought more.
The best we find, is the nano-bubble shower head. The water company provide us with a few bar of pressure, so we don't have to run big motors. These shower heads are the only commercial use of a product we could use as home growers.
Essentially it's a venturi, and it's better to feed it oxygen than air. We can get oxygen producing kit, that ill people no longer need. It tends to cost little.

I had to give up on chasing the project. Be aware that most youtube vids of working designs, are not working. A nano-bubble is so small, we don't see it, and it doesn't even float. Though producing it likely makes other more typical bubbles as a byproduct.
One of the big issues, is delivering the enriched feed. As we disturb the water, they want to regroup and leave.

It's interesting, but I don't feel we are there yet. I did chase up 'OKnozzles' but got nowhere with supplies.

Latest posts

Latest posts