What's new

Micro grow pot size

Athos

Hey there fellow micro growers, a couple of questions for you all:

First, I wonder what final size of containers do you use? I'm using a 3 gallon / 11 liters and I think it might be too big, because it takes forever for the media to dry up.

Second, do you prefer deep pots or shallower ones? Assuming equal volume?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a rectangular plastic tub that holds approx 3gals in my micro setups. I prefer wider/shallow containers for my microgrows.

Athos

Me too, I could use a pot a couple of inches shorter, not so much for plant height, but for plant-bulbs distance

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
For microgrows shallower pots are best. Because of the height space economy and also cause it tends to keep the plants more compact and not too stretchy.

soil margin

Veteran
I like to use 5 gallon pots in my 3x3x6 tent. Your medium taking a long time to dry out doesn't sound like it's related to the size of the pots so much as to what's in your mix and the average humidity level/airflow in the grow space. It's not necessarily a bad thing either, it just means your mix is capable of holding a decent amount of moisture and doesn't need to be watered so often.

As to your second question, I think the optimal choice for growing big buds is wider containers because cannabis roots tend to spread out wide more rather than deep. Even so, I tend to use taller containers because they can be stacked closer together and save floor space.

Latest posts

Latest posts