What's new

Michoacán Preservation Run

RenaissanceBrah

Hello all,

This summer I will do a small scale preservation run of the Michoacán seeds I have, and decided to start this thread to keep track and ask for insight along the way.

I have only 5 seeds of the B-5 #10 unworked Michoacán seeds from Snow, I also had 5 seeds of the D-5 #10, however in sending them to myself in Mexico, they got lost in the mail :(

I will be growing indoors, under 480W of 4000K LED, in organic supersoil. 3x5 foot growing space. My plan is mainly to make seeds, but also leave some flower to smoke.

I had a few questions I wanted to ask you guys, for guidance:
  1. What would be the maximum amount of plants I could fit under that 3' x 5' growing space, and 480W LED, to successfully do a preservation run? Minimum size pots to do so?
  2. If I have 5 seeds of the B-5 Michoacán, would crossing them to itself provide too little genetic variability?
If anyone has any pure Michoacán they would like to have crossed with the B5 unworked Michoacán line from Snow, please let me know, if I can fit enough plants in there maybe it would be good to have some genetic variability, and I would share the seeds I'd make.

BobChronic6505

You've grown other snowhigh gear on here right? I like your grows man I'm going to sub. And to answer your #2, if it were me, I'd breed them to themselves to keep that pure. If you want variability in the future you could always outcross? It seems like those genetics are so rare nowadays. Did you plan on open pollinating with all 5 of the beans?

Hempy McNoodle

Hello all,

This summer I will do a small scale preservation run of the Michoacán seeds I have, and decided to start this thread to keep track and ask for insight along the way.

I have only 5 seeds of the B-5 #10 unworked Michoacán seeds from Snow, I also had 5 seeds of the D-5 #10, however in sending them to myself in Mexico, they got lost in the mail :(

I will be growing indoors, under 480W of 4000K LED, in organic supersoil. 3x5 foot growing space. My plan is mainly to make seeds, but also leave some flower to smoke.

I had a few questions I wanted to ask you guys, for guidance:
  1. What would be the maximum amount of plants I could fit under that 3' x 5' growing space, and 480W LED, to successfully do a preservation run? Minimum size pots to do so?
  2. If I have 5 seeds of the B-5 Michoacán, would crossing them to itself provide too little genetic variability?
If anyone has any pure Michoacán they would like to have crossed with the B5 unworked Michoacán line from Snow, please let me know, if I can fit enough plants in there maybe it would be good to have some genetic variability, and I would share the seeds I'd make.

With my second run of Double Acapulco Gold, I pushed the minimum size limits pretty well. I kept them in four inch square pots for almost three months and kept them at about 18" tall. After three months, I planted them together in a bigger container, but could have easily finished them in a 1-2 gallon fabric pot. So, if you do something like that, you have more than enough space. You can obviously start them in something bigger if you want them to get bigger. For instance, if you start them in 1 gallon containers to veg for 3-4 weeks and then finish them in 3-5 Gallon containers, I think that would probably work out fairly well.

grayeyes

It is a shame you can't grow outside. The plants are bigger and stronger and seem to yield much better. If you manage to get seeds I would be interested.

highfidelity

Found this post from your other thread in here about your first landraces. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this turns out. What's the estimated flowering time for these?

SativaFarmer

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2126529.jpg
    photo2126529.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 52