What's new

Michigan Senate Bill 0660 (2013)

wingdings

Veteran
This may be our biggest fight yet. A bill to centralize all cannabis growing to one Canadian corporate owned facility in northern Michigan. (Follow the money)
This will inevitably lead to,
-losing our right to grow our own medicine
-yet another database
-paying big $ to buy shitty weed from wallgreens (When I say shitty weed, I mean absolute garbage. Look around to see how much Canadians are outraged at the quality. Not to mention it is severely unhealthy.)
-limit on the amount of shitty meds you can get a month

Senate Pushes Hard On Prairie Plant’s Pot Plan
04 Nov, 2013

Richardson’s bill is fast tracked and given a Committee hearing on Nov. 5th

LANSING- It’s politics as usual in the state capital, with financial influence pushing bills and carting legislators all over the continent.
The Senate Governmental Operations Committee has posted their agenda for Tuesday, November 5th, and the newly-introduced Prairie Plant Pharmaceutical Pot bill has managed to move to the head of the class. SB 660 was introduced on Thursday, October 31.

A marijuana garden, in a promotional picture from Prairie Plant Systems
The ink isn’t even dry on the official copy and they are set to push the bill through Committee. Five days from introduction to consideration is, to say the least, remarkably fast. Sponsored by Sens. Randy Richardville, R- Monroe and Roger Kahn, R- Saginaw, the Bill is a 2013 version of last year’s Pharmaceutical Grade Cannabis bill. Pushed by Canadian marijuana manufacturing supergiant Prairie Plant Systems, the proposal would create a series of marijuana distribution centers across Michigan that would obtain their cannabis from a select few enormous growing operations like the ones Prairie Plant operates in Saskatoon.
A big part of the new SB 660 is the destruction of last year’s Synthetic Cannabis Bill. Sponsored by Senator Hildebrand, the bill outlawed the manufacture and sale of K2, Spice, bath salts and other substances that supposedly mimicked the effects of THC. SB 660 wipes out 127 lines of legislation that was signed by Governor Snyder amidst much fanfare, pomp and circumstance. Those 127 lines are replaced with three lines- (3) lines- in order to create a market for Prairie Plant and their products, marketed under the name Cannimed, intended for sale to Michigan’s most sick and ill individuals through big-box pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS.
Read more about SB 660′s elimination of the protections from synthetic cannabinoids HERE
Prairie Plant made media headlines when they took legislators on tours of their underground gardens located in old mines in Michigan. Their proposal, at the time, stemmed around cultivating marijuana in those mines; the idea seems to have moved out of the mines and into the countryside. SB 660 contains protections for a Prairie Plant-style manufacturer of cannabis from product liability lawsuits, from criminal charges and removes the ability for local communities to say no to the giant greenhouses.
Prairie Plant has shuttled legislators and, in some cases, staff members through the mines in Michigan and even flown them to the Saskatoon cultivation site. Rep. Michael Callton, R-Nashville, revealed on an interview show last week that he was leaving on Friday, November 8th, to be given the Canadian pot plantation tour along with other notables from the Michigan political arena.
With this kind of money invested in seducing the legislature, it should be no surprise that the bill was placed on the fast-track. Co-sponsor and Senate Majority Leader Richardville shuttled the bill into the Committee he chairs and he alone determines which issues are brought up for consideration, and when.
The bill is opposed by nearly all marijuana rights-based organizations in Michigan, as it was in 2012. “This bill creates a parallel registry system to the one contained in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMA),” said Jamie Lowell, Chairman of the Michigan chapter of Americans for Safe Access. “It creates a system that is less responsive to the needs of individual patients, and one that is based on a Canadian model that required all home-based cultivation of marijuana to cease.”
Michigan has a dispensary bill in the House of Representatives, HB 4271, which requires marijuana distribution centers to use locally-produced cannabis to sell to legally registered patients under the guidelines of the MMA. Nearly 30,000 individuals are currently licensed to cultivate marijuana in Michigan on behalf of their patients; most of the 130,000 patients registered through the MMA have enjoyed the right to grow their own cannabis for the last five years.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Just keep growing, keep growing. Ass hats will figure it out eventually.

I'll never vote for legalization because it always keeps me an outlaw.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Money will always push at this...

Good advice, just keep growing. Live in a legal state? Teach your neighbor.

Only way to get 'YOUR' strain in the quality and quantity you need is to grow it yourself. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Keep it Clean! :D

MIway

Veteran
if you had a youngin that wanted to go criminal, would you recommend going cop... or politician?

symbiote420

Veteran
"We the Sheeple"

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything ...$$$$$ = dark skies ahead bros!!

wingdings

Veteran
Good points everyone. I didn't see anything about this particular bill on ic so I thought it was pertinent.
Third Coast, I agree. It appears obvious that this bill would need Federal rescheduling of cannabis to be implemented. Although it makes me nervous when I hear these slimy politicians are fast-tracking bills like these. While cannabis initiatives are passing everywhere with comfortable margins of over 60%.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i heard today this will make it so people are not allowed to grow there own is this true? never mind just read it and yes...

k-s-p

Veteran
It's amazing to see how far many politicians will go to nullify the voice of the people. It seems like it just keeps coming for Michigan.

The good news is the legalization measures that passed in Ferndale, Jackson, and Lansing, although even those measures could be better, e.g., no or more realistic possession limits.

D.REYx420

Just keep growing is right but why in the world would you be for not legalizing it? Even with these bills if they do pass wont stop all the people that have a passion for this medicine. The gov. is scared because its hard to maintain a medicine that you can freely grow in your own house and that's why there trying to pas bills like this. All we can do is keep growing and keep legalizing. It would be incredibly stupid to not take the steps forward, by not legalizing it even if things like this are bound to happen. W e need to move forward not backwards even if it will create problems like this.

symbiote420

Veteran
Regulators .....mount up!
The storm is coming ladies & gents, just got back from the expo ....seems we may only have a year or so before the corps aka big business take it all away from us! Money talks and BS walks, they've already spent millions of dollars on pushing for this li'l take over .....it was fun while it lasted!

I wonder how many "law abiding" citizens will be turned into criminals overnite when this new law kicks in?!!! Their building new concentration camps ...I mean prisons, everyday!

This protect them from themselves shiz are gov is on is getting on my last nerve, "we can provide cleaner, safer meds ..yea right! I can see the FDA coming after the tomato grower next! Ca$h rule$, fuck the people

MIway

Veteran
how was the expo? just curious as to the general vibe & outlook of peeps

but, regulations/laws dont have to be bad... values set the tone for everything, just depends which values are underlying. we could value the local mom&pop and local communities & companies & people... then set up laws to protect those values, i. e., set up the whole deal as a cottage industry, and limit the size of any one entity, and foster lots of variety & even competiton. shit, it can even be done safely, with clean wares at the end use... we could have quality standards. i know it wont go down that way here, this place is as corrupt as any in the union, and if the little people did actually unite & organize & stand up...? well, thats what emergency martial law is for, i guess, lol

k-s-p

Veteran
Regulators .....mount up!
The storm is coming ladies & gents, just got back from the expo ....seems we may only have a year or so before the corps aka big business take it all away from us! Money talks and BS walks, they've already spent millions of dollars on pushing for this li'l take over .....it was fun while it lasted!

I wonder how many "law abiding" citizens will be turned into criminals overnite when this new law kicks in?!!! Their building new concentration camps ...I mean prisons, everyday!

This protect them from themselves shiz are gov is on is getting on my last nerve, "we can provide cleaner, safer meds ..yea right! I can see the FDA coming after the tomato grower next! Ca$h rule$, fuck the people

I'd sure like to hear more on your take about this. I really want to come back home but if things are going to be going that way, I might need to think about CO or OR.

Latest posts

Latest posts