What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

mextiza

PanchoVerde

Just a stroll down memory lane. It was my favorite strain before I lost it. Fragrant, tasty, really nice up and clear high.

Mextiza-(3).jpg

Mextiza-(2).jpg

Mextiza-(4).jpg

Mextiza-(5).jpg

Mextiza-(6).jpg

bonghopper

Mextiza appreciation thread :)
Discovered Mextiza the last few years through a UEL hybrid. Tried Mextiza S1's this year outdoors here at lat 53N. Finished early Nov, fluffy flowers, but high, aroma and potency are there, amazingly. Very resistant strain. Will be playing around with those for the foreseeable future. Best 100% sativa effect from outdoor that I've tried. Had a look at Purple satellite too, nice effect but craving more Mex. Anyone got leads on some other suitable early Mexican strains?

bonghopper

They both look a little too wide leaf influenced for my likings, I'm checking out Mountain Gold as a promising lead, you tried that one?

Koondense

Not yet, I tried Zacatecas tribute but it was not in the fastest flowering club. Early to mid October imo.
I tried some double Oaxacans (oax79 x oax gold) and they need good 9weeks.
Also got some seeds from a mextiza repro, they might be slightly faster.

Cheers

Thcvhunter

Not yet, I tried Zacatecas tribute but it was not in the fastest flowering club. Early to mid October imo.
I tried some double Oaxacans (oax79 x oax gold) and they need good 9weeks.
Also got some seeds from a mextiza repro, they might be slightly faster.

Cheers
Ooh, who did the Mextiza repro?

Koondense

Yes, I had a test grow with them.
I remember them quite uniform and pretty dank, a tame and lovely sativa hybrid. Zacateca was different, I think the BSHW adds some mystic vibe in the cross :)
Maybe try Zacateca and search for the more Oaxacan phenos. Also you can play further as they are regular seeds ;)
Cheers

bonghopper

These indoor or outdoor experiences? Others have mentioned the Zacatecas will be too late here, but I have a pack so may as well try it out. You know if Pineapple made a ton of seed that time?

Koondense

Mine were indoors. Zacatecas BSHW pheno will be faster and maybe more resistent to cold, might be worth trying.
For your latitude I think you need something faster. Considering everything maybe try PurpleSattelite. If you want to experiment with breeding maybe add in Nepal Jam and combine it with a mexican cross, something similar to the mextiza approach. Maybe a mix of NJ and PurpleMexican/PurpleSattelite/Zacateca would make a nice polyhybrid.

Cheers

bonghopper

Gave Purple Sat a go this year, is very nice, but the sedation on the afterhigh I don't like, plenty easy to get a sedate strain. The Mountain gold has the promise of a clean afterhigh in the description. I have a couple of Mextiza S1 that'll be dusted with the MG , then potentially the Mextiza x UEL if that's not early enough.
Hows the comedown on the Zacatecas? Thanks for the input

Koondense

There is some laziness in the BSHW pheno, less in Oaxaca pheno.
Overall not much but it's clearly not a 100% sativa effect.

bonghopper

Aye, good chance the BSHW is not the original and a hybrid to begin with, they're quite fat leaves. Do you have a favourite 90-100% sativa for effect?

Koondense

My fav for effect is Panama x BangiHaze, preferably the BH pheno.
Maybe a fast pheno of BH would be able to finish outdoors for you. A BH hybrid like NepalJam x BH could be a good option.

Cheers

bonghopper

My fav for effect is Panama x BangiHaze, preferably the BH pheno.
Maybe a fast pheno of BH would be able to finish outdoors for you. A BH hybrid like NepalJam x BH could be a good option.

Cheers
Tried BH this year, they just melted away with septoria, I have to be very picky, Mextiza and her hybrids are great for this resistance, as were the Purple Sat, Punto Rojo, Muay Thai. You come across Septoria outdoors your way?

Koondense

Yes, the amount depends on the year and variety.
Muay Thai was a nice one(Flash), resistent and vigorous. Copacabana was the plant which suffered most, got also some mild septoria on various "classics". I remember being very happy with SuperCaliHaze, but she had a bit of "laziness" in the effect. Also Cognition(congo x nepal) was very interesting outdoors, a bit late but worth it.
Did you ever hear of LaBuenaHierba? Some of these semi/super autoflowers are his work. Very resistent and pretty fast plants.

bonghopper

Yes, tried his Asian Haze, was very resistant, great grower and yield, but flavours and high haven't stood the test of time. But then, I wasn't really sure what I was selecting for, and they all came from one male and 1 female, I should really give them a proper go. That 'super auto' route is probably the best bet at getting a 3-4 month flowering sativa, as long as there's minimal influence from the auto side, but that is not my experience yet, the auto is still there present in the high.
I'll give LBH's another go, that early Panama looks good.
Tried Flash Dr Shiva, Jam Berry and Panama Lime before, sativa hybrid type highs. Would give Jam berry and Panama a go again, will check out the cali haze if I'm getting some cheers.
Cognition looks great, I'm on the search for carrot, late, how late at what lat?

Koondense

My cognition was really a 12 week pheno, more on the congo side. I believe a Nepal pheno could finish in 10weeks easy and be even more resistant. It seems though that cognition is out of stock everywhere.
Ciskei would be a good alternative but I'm not sure how the latest batch performs.

bonghopper

Aye I heard negatives about the Ciskei available these days, back to Mextiza! I'm page 34 into the Mexican landraces thread, nice read. An interesting note is that some mexican strains begin to flower at 14hrs light, useful up here. Hope to beg for some private seed, wish me luck. Do you make any seed yourself?