What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Metanaturals or Pure Blend Pro

O.K. yestersay I cashed in my spare change at the change machine and went down to the local hydro shop with some petty cash.

I has wanted to try organic nutes in my bubbler system with the same strain just to see what the difference would be.

I had the intention of getting the pure blend pro line with the liquid Karma and cal-mag plus as it seems to be pretty popular among the organic folks.

The owner of the place was there and he told me that pbp was crap and convinced me on the metanaturals line.

I don't think he was trying to shit me as it was basically the same price as the pbp, and he was in the middle of a bunch of business and seemed to take the time to "set me straight."

Any opinions on this? I bought the metanaturals. Did I make a mistake. The shit smelled so bad I nearly puked in my rez. Ingredient number 1 is poultry compost, duh...

G

I am using PBP for Hydro. I also supplement with Liquid Karma, Cal-Mag, Kool Bloom and a little Silica Blast. I know it not 100% organic but damn close.

My plants are going nuts. They love it.

I do not follow the instructions on the bottles. I get generally close then tune everything using a PPM method to gage strength. PH is never a problem it seems to self adjust and hold around 5.8 to 6.3.

I have not used the other product so can not comment on it's performance or price.

Even though the price was about the same, a shop owner may have a much better incentives, discounts, or lower dealer net cost on one product over another. He may very well be biased by the fact that on a $30.00 sale on one product he nets $8.00 and may net $18.00 on the other. Not saying that is what happened, but don't get dooped into thinking he doesn't have other motives for making the recommendation.

Keep me posted on the Metanatruals it might just be killer stuff to use next.

Texas Kid

I guess no one but me and Tex care much about my pioneering research on this Metanaturals Organic line:rolleyes:

But I'll give an update anyway. One week into feeding with the stuff and all is well. Maybe the upward growth wasn't as rapid as with the chemmy nutes but they sure seem alot more stout and green. I topped one earlier today...I wanna see what the organic nutes do hormonally.

G

It's you and me BC

I just chopped a Mazar on thursday(check gallery) and bud density and mass was excellent. Haven't smoked any yet but it looks frosty. It may be my wake-n-bake this morning. My upward growth wasn't alot either. I probably streched from 12" when they went in to about 28" to 30" finished, but thick. They reakky put on the weight in the last two or three weeks

In flower, I am using Pure Blend Pro Hydro flower and bloom, Liquid Karma, Cal-Mag, Koolbloom, and a ever so slight shot of Silica blast. I ran the ppm up th around 1800 at the end and then flushed for 2 solid weeks. I think the flush could be cut to 5 to 7 days with no problem. No ph issues at all, that has got to be my favorite thing, it's always dead on.

I do think the label instructions will screw you up though. My plants did not respond well at all to the suggested mix. The full strength mix of all the additives puts you way up over 3000 ppm and my plants couldn't handle it. So I started making porpotional mixes using only my ppm meter as a guide, what a difference that made. PBP is weak in enough nitrogen for flower so the koolbloom steps up and handles it. Same goes for the Cal-Mag.

I have LSD and Bogbubble flowering right now and they seem to like about the same mix as my Mazar did. Growing like crazy weeds.

Thanks for the input BC

Texas Kid

I am trying to stay as organic as I possible can but there are not a whole lot of choices for straight hydro.

omega7

I was about to go get some pure blend pro today actually. I have been growing for years in soil, but the allure of hydro was too great and now I have both going. I have been using dyna-gro. It seems to be sufficient, but in my eyes sufficient is no where good enough, sufficient is just the beginning. I decided to use the same nutes across the board this grow, for soil and hydro. The soil ladies love it. But I do want to go organic in my hydro system ,(and soil for htat matter) so for flower I'm going to use the PBP.

I am very ineterested to see how the metanaturals work. Mainly because over the years I have heard a few old time growers sware by chicken shit as the hands down best fertilizer. Actually someone on here once posted about a neighbor or someone who grew near their chicken coup or in an old chicken housing place, whatever, he said it defintiely made a big difference.

Texas kid makes an excellent point with the difference in cost of a product for a dealer. Also metanaturals could have a deal going with them, or they could be senbding him a few free bottles to push. My last hydro store visit, I got a free quart of some new stuff. Wouldve cost me $16 if I had to buy it, so you never know.

Please keep us updated!!!

A week and a half in...the Golden Skush took to the topping very well... three days later and all healed up with two stalks, I topped two bogglegums today...So far metanaturals is working out...although I realize it is way early. It is PH stable too.

Whoops, I lost track of time...

It can happen with people like us.

Uh, I guess I am like 3 weeks into veg with metanaturals...good nutes except I think I got a MG deficiency in one of my bogglegum phenos. I added epsom salts and new growth isn't spotted but overall haealth of plant is still a bit weaker than the rest...a little brittle and a little saggy, I am hoping this will improve with time...

The metanaturals line is so friggin Cal heavy,,,I think this is what caused the MG prob...but I am not an expert on definciencies...yet.

I used pbp in the past without much fuss. I would use it again if I was going to go hydroorganic. I preferred it over foxfarm's hydro formula as the pbp was better formulated for hard water users, but I did have to adjust the ph daily in a 25 gallon res.

I used pbp with humic acids and kelp extract. I wish I used fungi instead of the h30 though in hindsight.

gl

G

Oh yah an Organic Hydro Thread. My favorite. I am a PBP fan. Hydro and soiless Hydro. I pretty much use what Texas Kid uses. Except in the late flowering stages I use PBP Soil bloom as a suppliment where he used Kabloom. Let me tell you I've tried Fox Farm before PBP and I like the PBP by far. Its more refined and the PH buffer saves a lot of headaches. I have no opinion on the Metanaturals line. Never used it. I grew out the Golden Skush my last grow with PBP and it just packs on the mass. I had a great harvest. I have two Nirvana Ice's and two KC Brains Choice's going right now. And things could'nt be better.
I reccomend the PBP to anybody looking to buy some.

Blatant

I am having a problem tailoring the metanaturals line to my bogglegums and golden skushes...I managed to lock out potassium I'm afraid and I have some imbalances going on.

I just switched to 12/12 4 days ago so I have a fresh batch of nutes going on and have stopped all supplimentation. so far the burn symptoms have diasappeared on new growth but the new leaves are a little small.