What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

merry christmas

crimsonecho

just picked up this small lady from the shop with the wife yesterday. transplanted and built a small cardboard box for it. now its bathing under 28w of led bars getting ready to celebrate christmas with us for years to come haha

got any tips on how to grow conifers? as this one is my first.
4BB53C84-A32D-40FA-B85B-09BB7E9275BD.jpeg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That's not weed friend lol. Those plants dry out very easily inside a cardboard box. The reason is that cardboard acts like a desiccant and keeps the environment drier than in the open air. You would be better off just hanging the lights above the plant in the open. Or place it in the brightest window you have adding a light above.

crimsonecho

That's not weed friend lol. Those plants dry out very easily inside a cardboard box. The reason is that cardboard acts like a desiccant and keeps the environment drier than in the open air. You would be better off just hanging the lights above the plant in the open. Or place it in the brightest window you have adding a light above.
i tried to hang from the top but then the light was just too bright in our living room. and because its winter no sunny windows all gray mostly. i live by the sea so we always have very humid air in the house (70%+) but thanks for the advice i’ll keep an eye on it and if i see any yellowing or drying i’ll look for other options.