What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

med-man method - seed popping

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi firegod

they are supercharged 3 different ways before shipping.

these things i can leave up to you to research :) if you like

i do need to maintain some form of edge above my peers :)

med-man

FIREGOD

I GOT THE EMAIL N SUPER STOKED! CANT WAIT TO TRY THESE !
As far as your supercharging seeds i was just curious because i have some hard to pop strains/seeds. Most of what you teach on your vids is old school knowledge even tho most probably dont know,,, and i have picked up some new interesting things to try.
Ive done everything in every style from soil to Krusty buckets and everything in between.
Always willing to learn something beneficial to my own personal knowledge base.
Most of the time i let nature break the seed and just let it survive on its own till i start a nute schedule. The supercharging had my interest ,,,,

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey Med,
Just wondering what you mean by supercharging your seeds before you ship them out? :biggrin: Thanks, my Kerosene Kush :laughing: and my Silver Skunk bx1 :laughing: freebie should be here next week-thanks again!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I, too, use med-man's method, but take it one step farther

I use vortexed magnetized water for seed germ and in my rezes

Mixes nutes more completely and makes them more bio=available to the plants

see my thread High Performance Rez

www.QuantumBalancing.com

woolybear

Veteran
I'm trying medman's method for seed poppin'.

dumb question: all of the beans are floating except for one. Is this to be expected?

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm trying medman's method for seed poppin'.

dumb question: all of the beans are floating except for one. Is this to be expected?

hey woolybear

that totally normal

i have seeds in well water for 5 days now. they all have 2 inch leads now. going to plant tomorow

the 24 hours soak has more to do with softening the tuff shells and maximizing water absorption.

i am pretty sure beans will be good for a week if anyone preferes longer tap roots

med-man

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Does it have to be exactly 100ml of water? I have an RO filter, or should I use the tap? Do they need a lighting schedule, or dark-or can this be done anywhere in my house? Thanks

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
Does it have to be exactly 100ml of water? I have an RO filter, or should I use the tap? Do they need a lighting schedule, or dark-or can this be done anywhere in my house? Thanks

100ml is basically a cup of water. that gives you enough room for the tap roots to spread out if your using the 48 (or more) hour method. I would use RO water if u have it, seeds dont need chloramines in their life :)

in my experience it doesnt matter where you put the seeds as long as its a little warm. Think about how seeds are grown in nature. They're on the ground somewhere until heat and/or moisture activates them. Pretty cool

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran

hey bobbo

100ml? - no

r/o or tap is fine. if tap let sit out for 24hrs

they can be placed in the dark or light anywhere

med-man

woolybear

Veteran
a bit over 24 hours later and about 20% of the beans are sprouting. probably a bit slower as i left my windows open and it was chilly all day in my spot. #theadventurebegins

edit: the one sinker is also popping, that would be a conkushian.

also, the floaters become sinkers when the cup is agitated and the water swirls. science

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no problemo bobbo!

enjoy!

med-man

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Have one swimming now!! I can't wait, and am excited to see everything happen! After a few days, and she grows a tail-just put her tail down in a cup of coco?

Bobbo4200

Veteran
How long should I let the tail get before transplanting into coco? She is bout half an inch now, and going on her third day of the swim... Thanks

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bobbo

i recommend 48 hours dont i?

med-man

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Yes, but I also read that you'd had some in their for five days with a two inch tail lol. I wasn't sure how long I should let the tail get. Thanks, will get her transplanted this afternoon. Thanks again

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts