What's new

Med grow - how to conceal from nosey folks

G

Rackateer I read this one article in one of the MJ Mags I think...... :chin: Anyways they say that it would be a good Idea for you to Dig about two feet down At the Edge of your house or fence and build a little greenhouse. About4-5 feet high. With the two feet already dug the clearance would be 6-7 feet. Also since it is in a lil greenhouse and lower than the fence it should remain annonymous. You can use opaque glass or the opaque plastic used for painting. The only thing you'll need to do is build the frame.

Blatant :wave:

G

If it takes you longer than a day to build it, I would say you have feet for hands. It should be easy. A slap together a few 2X2's and throw some white paint on em', Then staple the plastic to the inside and Voila! Put hinges on the lid and the front so you can have easy access.

Blatant :wave:

Joemutt1978

good idea blatant,

or you could use PVC pipe to make the frame, cuts easy, all the little connectors and stuff are pretty cheap. An hour is all it would take me, but if you spend a day or two don't get discouraged. two locations might help too, your big ones by the house, and some small ones by the fence, if they get ripped atleast it was you small ones, they might be too afraid to cross the yard and snatch it from beside the house, or could easily hang over the fence and snatch top colas without ever coming in your yard.

Just think of different scenerios, you will find a way, think like a criminal to protect yourself from them.

good luck,

mutt

G

I would suggest a strain other than ducksfoot. The stench more than outways the stealthiness of its webbed leaves.

badmf

If you build it with a solid roof, it won't look like a greenhouse. You won't need to trench out either, make the sides from translucent plastics, it should have SW to NE exposures. You will get plenty of Sun in the morning, avoid the heat of the day and more in the afternoon. It will look like a tool shed! I'd consider adding an odor control to vent for security and peace of mind! Whats my name?

badmf

Hey Rack! not soft plastic, but the type used for patio roofing and fences its sold in panels of 8,10 and 12 feet and comes in white, translucent and other shades you don't want, the light will spread throughout ther interior to an even light. Sort of like the effect a covering has on flurs in ceiling lights. They actually make one like this so you can see inside! If you opt for the translucent type just keep the leaves from direct contact with the sides to avoid a profile. This works, camo andeffective, now whats my name?

G

Rack... has your question been answered? Was it not... how to conceal an outdoor grow?

Maybe I'm stoned but... how is building a greenhouse an outdoor grow?

I thought perhaps you were looking in terms of stealth... the concealing of a few plants around the backyard. In that backyards come in all shapes... sizes an topographies... do you have a picture of the area? Is it landscaped?

A friend of mine has a half dozen plants concealed by a little shed and raspberry bushes. We play bocci ball in his yard and love to pitch them up that way to get a whiff of his girls. His yard is not fenced off... and he's successfully grown there the last 10 years or so.

Another possibility is Wally Duck's Ducksfoot... or some LST to a few girls into existing plants.

Anyhow... here are a few ideas in a different direction than building a structure to contain a backyard grow.

Maddlights

Racketeer-you need to be aware how hot a "greenhouse" can get in the warm months. Ventilation is key! investigate some automatic venting. My regular garden grow box has a a lid that opens when temp reaches 80.

G

u could always do what my parents / grandparents did back in the day

grow tomato/corn in front of the plants and do an outdoor scrog to make a single plant look like a bunch of fruitless tomato plants

G

Nice drawing - it will be cool to see what you come up with. I got about the same to work with :smile:

tokinjoe

Racketeer

Why not tie them down LST style so they wont' grow over the fence. You can also purchase small plastic flowers to attach to it to make it look more like an ornamental. Then you don't have to worry about building a greenhouse complete with exaust fan which may draw a little attention. Just a suggestion.

G

whatever you do be sure to give me your address come next september...... :)

G

How bout this.

Build a 3 sided structure, with lattice sides. Leave the top open. Perhaps a gate on the front.

Add some vines on the sides for help in covering.

It will look like a potting shed :)

sorta like this. add some tall shrubs around it or ornamental grasses. plop a lawn chair and table out there....

Rolando Mota

I have successfully grown outdoors in the past in my vegetable garden. Grow them with the tomatoes, keep them tied down and mixed in and they'll be pretty hidden.

Latest posts

Latest posts