What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

MBS test grow .......

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
MBS x Casey#3 male , starting to drop mature seed at P+30.

picture.php

Have also done Casey x MBS male , interesting to grow them out together.

All the seed from MBS out crosses have been very large to huge so far , thick shells for indoor grown and need abrading/cracking once dried.

Donald Mallard

el duck
ICMag Supporter
MBS x Casey#3 male , starting to drop mature seed at P+30.

picture.php

Have also done Casey x MBS male , interesting to grow them out together.

All the seed from MBS out crosses have been very large to huge so far , thick shells for indoor grown and need abrading/cracking once dried.
we have found the same with the seed foomar ,,
a bit of "wintering" is required on them it seems ...
perhaps the indica influence ??

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Some expressions are particularly fast and stickey , this MBS F2 will go 55 days tops , green ones are faster so far , rotting fruit smell has previousley cured out to good flavour.

picture.php

picture.php

This Antipodes has the broadest leaves seen and a very short stature , nine nodes and a foot high , looks like DC showing here .

picture.php

picture.php

Twenty others have all been predominately sativa in form makeing this one of particular interest , when such a plant has appeared in other F2,s with a DC heritage they have been exceptional quality but very low yield.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Hi Hammerhead , these are a breath of fresh air in a crowded market , some stunning F2,s to be found.

Thanks moon , the original dark MBS clone is finding good homes locally , upgradeing assorted C99 and crosses , partly for its unusual flavours and partly for its sheer beauty.
Have two locals happy to grow out a number from seed so will probably find some gems this year amongst the F2,s between us.

This is by far the most indica form plant in the room , more so than several assorted previous bubba and DC crosses , could be mistaken for a MIS Afghani.
Nothing like it from a lot of work with the mother , nothing seen so far within the MBS line , this one has a real fuel smell and is a girl , nothing to clone yet.
Just one from twenty three have had this form so far , probably a minor expression but interesting.

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Three nuggets yielded a goodly number , guesstimate 500 total on a very small plant , smaller less mature seeds pop fine straight off the plant .
Fully mature and dried they need abradeing , i use a fine cut file as they are big enougth to grip at 4mm+.

picture.php

Whats left is still a tasty smoke in itself and better than UK street weed , but will probably dry sieve it.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
This lone fast green MBS F2 is out stinking an assortment of diesels et alia amongst about forty other plants in flower , smells meatier than some caseys and a couple of chem crosses , most extreme odour so far , yet another potential keeper by the look of it so far.

picture.php

picture.php

G

Guest 114956

love this thread wish other were just as good great pics and details foomar!! i have a bbc cross of mbs ive yet to pop

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks rasputin , every plant so far deserves a picture , none would dissapoint even the most jaded grower.

Hi ijdc , thanks for the kind comments , the one good thing about my tedious threads is that given my basic conditions and general stress , anyone will do better with a little care , hope i have encouraged a few to start at low cost.

F2 on the left , original mother on the right , well worth finding this one.

picture.php

Original starting to colour.

picture.php

The fast one is getting a tinge of cold induced colour , very cold nights now , noticeable pineapple odour , hope it stays.

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Smells as good as it looks , this is the original that is being crossed out with every decent male that turns up , all good so far and the MBS flavour carries well.

picture.php

Somehow this one missed its intended seeding , should be just dried and extremely fruity for new year.

Donald Mallard

el duck
ICMag Supporter
This lone fast green MBS F2 is out stinking an assortment of diesels et alia amongst about forty other plants in flower , smells meatier than some caseys and a couple of chem crosses , most extreme odour so far , yet another potential keeper by the look of it so far.

picture.php

picture.php
Some of those ladies really pong,
a sample i had was able to be smelt through 3 clip seal bags,
we will get to look at a bunch more soon in this test forum foomer,
as always i enjoy checking this thread to see your work ..

J

jonnybgood29

donald told me to give your report a look, and i see why, outstanding! very informative!

moonunit

Lovely stuff foomar m8. We found a very very pineapple mbs1 f1 aswell, looked similar to the f2 you found. If so you will love the taste, the pineapple carries over very well into the taste with undertones of the dirty sock affie. I still have cuts of the pineapple mbs1 f1 and have a few beans of it backcrossed to the z99 f2(1) male, i reckon the progeny will be very interesting so i think any work you do with the f2 you found could be really really nice. Not sure how true the pineapple trait will breed in the first outcross but if it isnt evident in the f1 of the first outcross then it will definately pop up in the f2 of the first outcross.
Again lovely stuff m8, love the work you have done and are doing
Much respect
Moonunit

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Hi jdc , would the bbc be big budahs cheese by any chance , going to do exodus x MBS as a one off next male run , could be interesting.

Donald , very penetrateing and pervasive odour on many of these , some cling to your skin and clothing for hours.

Thanks jonny , cant go wrong with these straight out of the packet and have been a pleasure to work further , all killer no filler.

Hi moon , a couple of lower budlets taken early and fast dried had the most pronounced pineapple odour and left a good taste on the tongue , none of the coloured expressions have any pineapple so far but may change as numbers rise , all clone like in veg.

One greenie has a definate grapefruit smell in mid flower , a single antipodes is similar , maybe still some grapefruit left in the line.

Have kept every F2 girl so far and its getting chaotic , quite hard to choose but will have to cull out soon .

All clone easily , M and F, reveg and chop day clones are reliable and quickly back in action , no intersex seen dureing the freakshow stage.

Would seriously reccomend makeing some seed along the way with these , if this is not your usual practice it would be worth starting here and would reward the small effort involved.

The (C99 x Blackberry) x MBS , (antipodes) cross is looking good , current 8/10 girls batch in early flower show mostly MBS traits , the blackberry cross was a drawf but extremely dark plant with floppy stems , the MBS has upgraded the vigour and enhanced the yield and flavours , some have deep genetic colour as well .

Last edited:
G

Guest 114956

yes it would be foomar, im looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

J

jonnybgood29

glad to hear and see how well they cross! im going to be picking one of the mbs and one of the z99 to be hit with my nightmare diesel pollen! should be some very interesting crosses!

by the way, nightmare diesel(jack herer x sour diesel ibl(rez))

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Hi jonny , tend to overdo the pollen chucking when its fresh , have quite a list to run now , good so far.

Lower bud pollinations which yielded 60 - 100 seeds each.

Cherrychunk x MBS
Geisha x MBS
G13-Diesel x MBS
Northern Lights (1990 ish) x MBS
Casey Jones x MBS
Blockhead Haze x MBS
MBS x Blockhead Haze

Two thousand MBS f2,s in total and a thousand (C99 X Blackberry) x MBS.

Will be interesting to see how the MBS flavour traits compete with the diesel , the G13-Diesel used Rez,s sour diesel and is rock solid , that nightmare diesel sounds promiseing , wide expression potential there for sure.