What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

MBS test grow .......

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks Benji , six other similar C99x alongside are not performing as well as this one.
Considering i topped it a week into flower , yield will be good with tight hard buds.

The large top clone following on will be vegged well and trained for yield in a twenty litre pot , these are in only two litres to run the numbers in a repeatable way.

picture.php

picture.php

Smells more dieselly than a chemSD at the same stage.

picture.php

HippySlayer

MBS day 70

MBS day 70

Looking good there foomar. My MBS is 1 of the intermediate pheno's leaning to the ZC side, hence the colour without cold. Currently at day 70. :wave:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More pics in my album. :gday:

Donald Mallard

el duck
ICMag Supporter
hey foomar ,, i think with a good veg like you say she should yeild very well , your s indoors is very similar to how it peformed for me outdoors so far ,, pic included ..

very nice hippy , excellent pics and bud ...

picture.php

album.php

moonunit

Looking lovely foomar m8, i look forward to seeing how they finish for you and your thoughts on the smoke and effect.
Lovely pics hippy(especialy love the mummified fly one lol), great to see you around also m8
and as usual, lovely outdoor shots there don, you are getting better and better with that cam m8 :), i love the contrast of the focused plant color, and the red dirt non focused background, awesome photography all round by everyone, i really need to get a new cam and lift my photo skills to keep up with yall lol
loven it
much respect
moonunit

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks for the positive comments , this is a stunning plant and stands out in a room full selected for their visual appeal as much as potency.
On past experience with C99x i have halved the yield by topping too late , still a good return for space consumed and she will train very well , sparse fans and branching structure help.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Very dark leaves low down and a seriously strong odour in the gloom.

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
The other girl has an odour of cheesy socks and mildew , its actually quite nice.

picture.php

Same heavy trich coverage on minimal nutes , plants are not fussy or sensitive in any way unlike many of the cutest ones.

picture.php

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Very nice looking strain there this MBS, glad i finally found the forum post about it, saw hippy's on YT as a seedling and couldn't wait to hear how this strain smokes out once its done. keep it up guys.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Nice colours on both now and the smell is strong and distinctive amongst mostly C99x.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ancient computer finally expired , these pics were just cropped on a glorified PDA with a tiny screen so might not look too good , the plants are quite stunning.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks moon , these are amongst the best performing from a dozen C99x , great vigour in cloneing and veg with unique odour profiles , looking cute is a bonus.

About ten per cent amber and half the rest are milky , maybe another ten days for the tops.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
About done , mould has been a problem recently and had to take a few bits early , bonus is i can smoke the first sample a week of the plant.

picture.php

picture.php

Smell is a lovely blend of diesel and generic C99 fruit , plenty of trichs but a little early , flavour is strong fruit/medicinal with a soaring high of short duration as expected.
Could happily smoke this all day as is , taken at the best time and properly cured it will be exceptional.

Very low dark cycle temps have brought out some lovely metallic colours on one plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Supporter
ICMag Donor
Beautiful foomar m8 top job done on the MBS....:biggrin:

Donald Mallard

el duck
ICMag Supporter
Nice .looking finished product there foomar ...
i too have had some humidity probs , so picked slightly earlier than i wanted ,,, but as you say i could toke it all day ...

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks BENJI , these have been very rewarding and a cracking male to test as well.

Hi Donald , now run out of first sample , several peeps got a taste and loved it , thankfully it clones with real enthusiasm , both still intersex free .

The black leaved diesely beauty is hogging the lense but the other one is pretty cute too , will yield a little more and smells like mouldy socks with a hint of rotting meat.

picture.php

picture.php

Both expressions side by side , will be hard to choose till the cured smoke.

picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
ICMag Supporter
Great pics foomar and of course your descriptions of smell etc are what i wanted to hear ,, similar experiences to what ive had with the same strain ... pretty nice all round ...
im hoping we can safely say you have found somethi;ng that youll hang onto ??
perhaps your male donor might be worthy of fullfilling some other projects youve been playing with ,,, certainly some interesting combinations to be had there ...

moonunit

Looking absolutely gorgeous foomar m8, cant wait to hear your thoughts and opinions on the finished product, the early testers sounded great
much respect and thanks
moonunit

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks for the nice comments , these two are both of the highest quality with a very good yield for their type , distinctly different terpene mix from the norm , easy growth and stunningly beautiful , both finished dark with dense buds and encrusted with trichs under minimalist conditions.

Would be bad practice to form an opinion of any cross from two girls alone , but based on a lot of experience with similar they look good to me and will be committing space and running the numbers for sure.

picture.php

picture.php

Dark cycle temps have fallen to near zero , mould was not as big a problem as expected and the colours are lovely.

The male showed some colors on the pods but looks to be just cold induced , saved as clone , will be tried on Wally,s excellent C99 x Blackberry from another thread and anything compact and worthy that comes to hand , an absolute stinker even in veg , like being downwind from an oil refinery.

picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
ICMag Supporter
Love to see that lad across the c99 blackberry foomar , i was hoping this strain would fit the bill for you there , betcha the cross is as colourful as ....