MBS test grow .......

J

jonnybgood29

hey foomar, thanks for the music! i love the moody blues. nights in white satin is a great song! and the accompiments arent bad either! will be returning the favor soon my friend!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
You can see which half of these MBS F2,s had daily outings to the greenhouse , even low angle sunlight brings them on fast , wish i had moved more plants around now.

picture.php

Seem to have the cloneing dialled in now , the MBS do this in six days in dilute saline and are barely stalled , they also stand airfrost as long as they thaw out slowly , a few turned to mush under morning sunlight before i remembered.

picture.php

Have a couple in the greenhouse that are bushy revegs , will be manually controlling light hours and looking at an end of may finish , want to see how dark they are under real light , ran three consecutive crops this way last year and did very well in a small space with toms and peppers for cover.

Hilarious setup i saw had a shed on old pram wheels that he pulled over an 8 x 6 greenhouse as required , thankfully no neighbours to confuse but he was bringing show plants into flower for an exibition rather than canna.

J

jonnybgood29

nice foomar, makes me wish i didnt live in the city, or at least live where it is pseudo legal! ide get nailed if i put even babies out.... someone would notice!

Nebu

The original clone seems to have dissapeared with Nebu , who sits in a swiss cave guarding the precious like gollum , as its possibly the only true canna mutation found i would have loved a chance to play with it.

lol! My PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

z00lu.jpg

b3qs5k.jpg

TheFlyinHaWyn!

What a pleasent blast from the past!! nice Nebu, so it took some killer purple shit to bring you back out :D

aloha everyone on this thread, awesome looking genetics!!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Hi Nebu , that Blackberry Haze has to be one of the most attractive plants i have seen.

Just got the room back into perpetual flower , every revegged MBS and Antipodes with a few Casey,s and MBS test crosses , the darker plants fare better outdoors than the green , looking for something for the garden as well.

Very strong bushy plants from the revegging , left no fans on and they were just stem and small budlet , yield should refill the jars after a lot of tests and males recently.

The amount of shoots is excessive , over a hundred cuts taken and passed out from five plants and they still need drastic thinning , will use the surplus in a couple of cloneing side by sides if i get time.

This is a real keeper , smells like savlon antiseptic cream , tastes like Vimto and has a certain visual appeal , plenty strong enougth and the most potent dark one so far , not much body effect and a rich diesel/medicinal aftertaste , good structure and easy trim , 21/65 suggested , easy cloner.

picture.php

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Doing the maths on the flow chart shows some serious overcrowding comeing soon , going to run these eight MBS F2,s in litre pots for selection , should still do 20 g per plant and late flower clone the best.

Most obvious variation in the F2,s is the fan stem length , two distinct odour types.

picture.php

This one is quite indica in comparison , strong earthy smell unlike the others , one earlier plant like this had pronounced meat/garlic odours , a real bitch to trim though.

picture.php

The cat singled this one out as well , she can smell a keeper but tends to eat it given half a chance .

moonunit

Lovely as always foomar m8, those f2s look great, im sure some exceptional and unique expressions to be found in those f2s. Loving all your work m8 and a huge thankyou again m8
Much respect and thanks
Moonunit

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks moon , there are plenty of distinct flavour combinations here on the two basic structures , some seem unique to this line and are not present in other C99x , haveing grown out most of them.

Two from forty could pass for DC , no real stretch , one like hash and one very fruity , not found in the original.

Two have a strong strawberry smell , barely carries into lit flavour but an unexpected terpene , tempted to self this one if i can get over my instinctive distrust of it.

This male is representative , 3x stretch with big fans all the way up , this chap stood a serious frost and general winter greenhouse abuse.

picture.php

picture.php

The line seems very strong , this girl has had a hard life , dumped in a cold greenhouse in early flower , random light hours around 10/14 , finishing stable with some nice cold colour.

picture.php

Glad i kept the MBS trim seperate , lovely fruity stuff even with a coarse screening like this.

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
This is a particularly interesting F2 male , compact at a metre and fifteen nodes , dropping pollen at 30 days flower , preferred structure and a rich medicinal stem odour , has to be tried.

picture.php

Greyybeard

Hello foomar,

Wanted to say great work on your MBS and crosses... I am very interested to hear more of your thoughts on this male...
View Imagewhen you have the time...I'm curious as to how many have you seen with that leaf trait?? Every plant Iv got has that same leaf. Especialy the male...thank you and keep up the good work
Gb

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Hi GanjaRebel , always difficult to form any valid opinion as to a males worth , but this one has the look.

Flower placement and density would be good for a girl , no stem clusters to cause mould , long fan stems help airflow , deep odour and a showering of capitate trichomes , all would be positive traits if passed on.

Thanks Greyybeard , these are proveing wonderfull material to work with and have found some real keepers here.

All the MBS and female outcrosses seem to need a little more Mg than usual for their type , a dose or two of epsom salts avoids premature inter vein yellowing , calmag or similar would achieve the same result , yield is not effected and it makes for some nice late colours.

picture.php

There are at least five identifiable leaf traits in the line , the single blade here seems unique to males so far , and would allow early sexing if true.

picture.php

That male had been in an unheated greenhouse and had been airfrosted at least three times , in a litre pot it survived to produce pollen but shows nitrogen and magnesium defficiencies from low temps and poor light.

The girls indoors are a healthy green , and benefit from a shot of Mg.

picture.php

G

Guest 114956

looking amazing as always foomar, if u dont mind me asking i was going to ask wat size screen u use for the sift mate?

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks Hippy , glad you found it of interest , if you like C99 type things then MBS should be on your list.

Hi ijdc , have around thirty industrial sieves made by Endecotts for soil and particle analysis , used in various combinations on a powered shaker.

That batch was one pass through a 250 micron lazer cut stainless , the round holes give a relatively pure product compared to normal mesh , enougth leaf material goes through to give a strong flavour , about 50% trichomes by volume and will just turn into squidgy black if worked by hand.

picture.php

Find it a good compromise , and a vastly better smoke than the over refined tasteless products some brag about.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
This compact F2 male has very red fan stems and a smell of creosote , first plant with this distinct heavy odour.

picture.php

O.G.#1

lol! My PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Image

View Image

:bump:
I can see why! :canabis:

Long time no see brother Nebu, been since the days of OG/CW since we last spoke! Good to know your still working your magic! :woohoo:

By the way to this day Jackie-O is one of my all time favorites :plant grow:, hurts talking about her cause i lost the cut katsu had sourced from one the original seed listings of JO!

Never got to show you the pics of the Budzookas, they didnt yeild much but they had a crystal coverage that was unreal!!! :good: